• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• jpmmkrahling

• bencrush

• Tim71

It's only a matter of time before the Red and the rest fall, Ian. :rock

I'll be calibrating this grade 8 and updating the list shortly.

Well, Ian is nothing if not persistent. Friday night he fought it to 2 1/8". Looks like he went for it again the very next night. Yeah buddy.

-Rex

Well, Ian is nothing if not persistent. Friday night he fought it to 2 1/8". Looks like he went for it again the very next night. Yeah buddy.

-Rex

Yes. He posted on the board that he would get it by week's end and he did, with a day to spare.

Guest Bullitt

Bent a 6" X 5/16" section of drill rod for the Steel Slayer list after my pinch workout today. I cut another 6" section off the same rod to send to Eric tomorrow.

Gonna take a break until after MM2 and then give a bastard a run with the singles.

Bent a 6" X 5/16" section of drill rod for the Steel Slayer list after my pinch workout today. I cut another 6" section off the same rod to send to Eric tomorrow.

Gonna take a break until after MM2 and then give a bastard a run with the singles.

That looked pretty easy for you, Mike! Nice work. I can't wait to see what it calibrates at.

Also, Ian's grade 8 calibrated at a whopping 515! That's the strongest grade 8 I've ever calibrated. I even had him bend the same bolt from 30 degrees just to make sure it wasn't a mutant in the box.

Guest Bullitt

That looked pretty easy for you, Mike! Nice work. I can't wait to see what it calibrates at.

Also, Ian's grade 8 calibrated at a whopping 515! That's the strongest grade 8 I've ever calibrated. I even had him bend the same bolt from 30 degrees just to make sure it wasn't a mutant in the box.

Thanks Eric. I'll send it off tomorrow. It went a lot easier than I thought it would. After I did it, I wished I had tried one of the 5.5" triangle grade 8s I had bought last week. I have a feeling those will be in the upper 400s at least. Oh well, next time... :whistel

Thanks Eric. I'll send it off tomorrow. It went a lot easier than I thought it would. After I did it, I wished I had tried one of the 5.5" triangle grade 8s I had bought last week. I have a feeling those will be in the upper 400s at least. Oh well, next time... :whistel

The 5.5" triangles would actually be in the upper 500s to around 600 for these tough ones we just found. But for purposes of ranking high on the list it wouldn't be of much help.

I've updated the 7" list with my 615lb. 80D section.

I took down a Grade 8 @ 5/16 X 6" tonight it was tough but felt good I'm training for the Red-Nail now :mosher

Good job man! I guess you mean 1/4" Grade 8 or else you've made truly mind-boggling progress the last few weeks!

I took down a Grade 8 @ 5/16 X 6" tonight it was tough but felt good I'm training for the Red-Nail now :mosher

Good job man! I guess you mean 1/4" Grade 8 or else you've made truly mind-boggling progress the last few weeks!

your right i didnt even catch that, I took down a 1/4 x 6" Grade 8 bolt the other night haha :trout

Edited by Ian-P

Congratulations to Mike Rinderle for making the 6" Freestyle, as well as the 6" Reverse list, with bends of 435 and 305 respectively! Nice going, Mike. I know with your wrist and hand strength these bends will be greatly overshadowed by your future bends in no time.

Rules

1)All boys and girls no older than 12 years old are eligible.

2)All other Steel Slayer rules apply, but it isn't necessary for the bar to measured or wrapped on videotape prior to the bend. It's the parent's responsibility to measure the bar, have it calibrated, and insure the wraps are within specs. Showing the 2" or less distance between the legs is required on the video.

7"

1)Chris Tolbert   215lb. 1/4 x 7" crs   2009

6"

1)Chris Tolbert      335lb. 60D             2009
2)Timmy Milfeld 215lb. spiral 60D 2009
3)Paige Krahling 160lb. 3/16 x 6" crs 2009
4)Eric Tolbert 25lb. 5/32 x 6" crs 2009

Guest Bullitt

Per Eric's instructions, I cut a 1/4" G8 from Fastenal down to 6" and bent it under 2" for the list this morning. Wasn't prepared for how much harder cutting that 1/8" or so off would make it. Anyway, this should be well above the 435lb 5/16" I bent. I would be surprised if it was less than 500. I'll send Eric the video and a matching G8 for calibration.

Great job Mike! You'll be destroying those bends before too long as warmups on your way to elite status.

Tonight we threw some fat pads (1 1/4") :laugh on a piece of 3/16" x 6" square and Timmy took it down with minimal difficulty. :rock This bar calibrated at 150 lbs.

Guest Bullitt

Tonight we threw some fat pads (1 1/4") :laugh on a piece of 3/16" x 6" square and Timmy took it down with minimal difficulty. :rock This bar calibrated at 150 lbs.

Wow! Way to go Timmy! He's going to be way passed this Junior List before you know it Eric!!!!

Tim's on a roll. He did his first actual nail tonight: 215lb. spiral 60D. We're uploading the video right now.

Mike Rinderle made a significant improvement with a 500lb. 6" grade 8. Nice bend, Mike!