The Steel Slayers' Top 20 and Junior Steel Slayer Bending Lists

EricMilfeld

Boy am I proud and enjoying this. I think I may enjoy the roll of coach more so then bender and that's saying alot.

Bending your first 60d a couple weeks after your 10th birthday certainly isn't bad I think.

Eric actually bend some much tougher stock to about 3 inches but his style is very unsteady on the crush.

Great effort on that nail Timmy!

Thanks Eric.

Tim

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• jpmmkrahling

• bencrush

• Tim71

Here's a pic of the boys' steel:

My link

Tim

Guest Bullitt

Awesome stuff everyone.

My daughter Katie did this last year. Skinny twisted timber tie. Her twin sister Maddie bent the same nail but was camera averse. They turn 13 in February, so I better take them some steel to bend before they are too old. Going to visit them this weekend. hmmmm

Tim, tell your kids they are doing a great job. It is a great feeling for our kids to even want to try this odd hobby we enjoy.

Mike, Get that steel to your daughters so they can get on the list. I need to post a video of my daughter and calibrate the pc she bent. She will be glad she is not the only girl doing this :yikes

Congratulations to Paige Krahling for making easy work of a 160 pound piece of 3/16 x 6" steel! :rock

Congratulations to Paige Krahling for making easy work of a 160 pound piece of 3/16 x 6" steel! :rock

Nice bending, Paige! :rock:rock

Great job Paige! You did really well on that steel.

Tim

Any plans for a DU list?

DU can be used under the banner of freestyle. Interest in these lists thus far doesn't seem to be sufficient to add yet another.

Eric,

Don't go and get discouraged just as the boys and me are getting into these lists. I can't wait to try more bends hint hint..... calibrate steel.....hint, hint, watch DVD. Sorry for getting carried away but I'm really enjoying bending again.

You could always put the kids on the adult list as well since there's no minimum age. Maybe inspire some of the heavy hitters on this board to get it in gear.

Later,

Tim

Eric,

Don't go and get discouraged just as the boys and me are getting into these lists. I can't wait to try more bends hint hint..... calibrate steel.....hint, hint, watch DVD. Sorry for getting carried away but I'm really enjoying bending again.

You could always put the kids on the adult list as well since there's no minimum age. Maybe inspire some of the heavy hitters on this board to get it in gear.

Later,

Tim

I just calibrated your stuff and am now waiting for Timmy to stop playing silly video games so I can watch the DVD. :)

I see we're not the only ones who keep less-than-strict bedtime rules ha ha! My kids actually crashed really early tonight but they've been congested.

Anyway, I'm curious to see how it comes out. Out of the 3 7 inch pieces I bent (not counting the 8mm since I've not sent you that DVD yet) I'll guess the drill rod is highest, next being the 7mm square and finally the 5/16 CRS. Could be wrong about the first 2 though.

As for the 60d my guess is 430 to 450. It certainly feels tougher than any G5 I've ever bent.

We'll see how close I am.

Later,

Tim

Ten year old Chris Tolbert has done it again. A 305 pound 60D nail went down with no small fight, but lose the battle it did!

Tim Tolbert has made his mark on both the 6" and 7" lists. For the 7" list he took down a 1/4" piece of square crs that hit 385. Congrats, Tim!

I'm going to go calibrate his 6" nail right now.

And Tim's Sivaco 60D nail calibrated at 440! Nice work, Tim. That's one tough 60D.

Thanks a ton Eric! My guess was right on the 60d but WAY off on the other stuff.

Tim

Thanks alot Eric! I probably already know but was it the uncoated nail that hit 305? How close was the galvanized?

Later,

Tim

Thanks alot Eric! I probably already know but was it the uncoated nail that hit 305? How close was the galvanized?

Later,

Tim

You're very welcome, Tim! The galvanized hit 255.

Wow! That's griprites for you. I know of no other brand of nail that varies more from batch to batch AND within the batch itself.

Thanks,

Tim

Congratulations to Darin Heltemes for making quick work of a 495 pound grade 8, earning a high spot on the reverse list!

Tim Tolbert has made some nice improvements, taking down a 490 pound grade 8 and a 425 pound piece of 8mm at 7". Congrats, Tim!

Chris Tolbert just keeps getting stronger! He's now made easy work of a 335 pound 60D! Congratulations, Chris!

Thanks a ton Eric.

Tim