The Steel Slayers' Top 20 and Junior Steel Slayer Bending Lists

EricMilfeld

I've now added 7" and 6" lists for reverse as well as 12", 10", and 8" lists for braced bending. I'm seeking input before I start the horseshoe list.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• jpmmkrahling

• bencrush

• Tim71

Eric,

Great idea on the added lists, we will get a bunch of names on them this weekend.

My personal favorite is the 12" spike. We will need to find some new U brackets because someone < < will get a 12" x 1/2" HRS eventually. I cant wait to see what that calcs at :rock:rock:rock

Several of the lists have been updated with names o'plenty from The Steel Slayer Showdown. Congratulations to Paul for claiming the lone number one spot on the 7" freestyle, the 6" reverse, as well as the 8" braced list!

New to the 7" freestyle list is Greg Griffin, Alex Graves, Casey Emery, Jim Ricchezza, Brad Manion, and Mark DeSouza. Well done, guys!

New to the 6" reverse list we have yours truly, Greg Griffin, Alex Graves, Casey Emery, Jim Ricchezza, Brad Manion, Mark DeSouza, Mike Krahling, and Ryan Johnson. Congratulations!

And getting the 8" braced list up and running we have all of the above, as well as Ian Pritchard. Again, nice bending ya'll!

Ian just finished bending his first grade 5 to claim a spot on the 6" freestyle list! He's been bending for less than 3 weeks! Congrats, buddy!

Ian just finished bending his first grade 5 to claim a spot on the 6" freestyle list! He's been bending for less than 3 weeks! Congrats, buddy!

Great job Ian, your really moving along fast. keep going

I witnessed Ian take down a 365 lb. 7" crs bar tonight. He's improving rather rapidly! Nice bend, Ian!

He also improved on his best 8" braced bend by 15 pounds, maintaining his same position on the list, with a piece of 5/16" drill rod. Congrats!

Carl Ansara has put down a very serious bend of a 420lb. Red Nail to get the 7" reverse list up and running. That is stout, Carl!

I changed the rule regarding a 20 pound minimum for out ranking an existing bend to 15 pounds. I think this is enough to still demonstrate a decidedly more difficult bend with all of the margins of error factored in.

Ian's bending something tougher every time he comes over, and he's coming over every day. This time he mangled a 440 pound 5/16 x 6" grade two without too much effort. Congrats, buddy!

Ian's bending something tougher every time he comes over, and he's coming over every day. This time he mangled a 440 pound 5/16 x 6" grade two without too much effort. Congrats, buddy!

Here is the video of me bending the 440 pound 5/16 x 6" grade 2 let me know what you think of my first video. Thanks! :mosher

Edited by Ian-P

Hey, Ian! Glad to see you on the board. :) Congrats on your bending!

i attempted a 1/4 x 6" grade 8 last night i put a nice little kink in it so i tried a 1/4 x 5.5" grade 5 and got it down to 2" exactly but not in 3 min and i even tried a 1/4 x 6" grade 5 reversed and put a kink in it and that was it so i have some work to do but i will hopefully have that grade 8 done by the end of next week with a video to follow. :whacked

i attempted a 1/4 x 6" grade 8 last night i put a nice little kink in it so i tried a 1/4 x 5.5" grade 5 and got it down to 2" exactly but not in 3 min and i even tried a 1/4 x 6" grade 5 reversed and put a kink in it and that was it so i have some work to do but i will hopefully have that grade 8 done by the end of next week with a video to follow. :whacked

Keep it up Ian, your really making great progress.

I'm nipping at your heels, Paul! :yikes I took down a 525lb. 6" bar reverse style tonight.

Ian took down a 395lb. 7" bar tonight to jump further up the list. Congrats, buddy!

He will be uploading the video to Youtube probably within the next day or so.

Ian just improved his best 8" braced bend by 40 pounds! Tonight he took down some 3/8" hrs that calibrates at 420. He's making excellent progress, especially in light of the fact that he weighs about 150 and has no previous weight training under his belt. I'm uploading this video at the moment, as well as his latest double overhand PR. I'll edit this post in a bit with a link to both of his bends.

Double Overhand:

Braced:

I'm nipping at your heels, Paul! :yikes I took down a 525lb. 6" bar reverse style tonight.

Great job Eric, but i'd be looking to stay ahead of Ian, not just catching Paul :D with Ian's progress he may be really close to you by the Steel Slayer Comp next year.

Great job Eric, but i'd be looking to stay ahead of Ian, not just catching Paul :D with Ian's progress he may be really close to you by the Steel Slayer Comp next year.

Oh, good point... now my worries increase.