• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• jpmmkrahling

• bencrush

• Tim71

Eric, i just posted my video as a new thread for a 7" x 525 lb hexabastard. Do i need to post it on this link also? Just let me know

You're good to go, Mike. Congratulations! I really think you'll be good for an Edgin at the contest. :rock

The 6" list is updated with Mike Hadland's stellar 6" Edgin performed in Iron Mind pads, no less!

I feel bad about sharing second position with you Mike, knowing that the crush on that bolt of yours was much tougher than that of my bend, and you gave up leverage by opting for IM pads. Just 5 more pounds and you would have bumped me down to third.

Don't know what to say except Respect and Thank You Eric.

Congrats Mike. :rock

That was another awesome bend, great to watch with an display of insane intensity!

Didn't that scare your wife? :D

At David's request, I've pulled his name from the list. He has found reason to doubt that the steel I calibrated was of the same stock that he bent for his cert attempt. David's integrity and humility is very admirable and I have new found respect him. Thank you, David! I've always known that we benders are a very honest bunch. As a side, I've noticed a lot of generosity and willingness to help others in the bending community that makes me very proud to be associated with you guys.

Well, so let's try it again, David! You probably did bend a 700 pound bar, anyways!

But this does bring up an important point. These are the ideal ways to help insure that what is bent and calibrated are one and the same: Cut the two pieces from the same rod of steel or select the two bolts or nails from the same box, or at least the same bin. But if you do have to settle for grabbing them out of the same bin, give them a close visual examination. I told ya'll about two Edgins of the same brand from the same bin that were of not quite the same length. Apparently, the "triangle" Edgins come in at least two distinct lengths: 7 1/16" and 7 3/16". The calibration rating differed by 35 pounds!

stand up thing to do David ... I have no doubt you can do the 700 bar and like Eric said, because of the confusion, you may have in fact bent the 700 bar and just wasn't sure which batch of steel you pulled it from. :rock much respect brutha ... now just do it again.

If you cheat you are only cheating yourself and your brothers of the steel.

Well done David :rock as you know if its worth doing its worth doing properly and your certainly setting a fine example.

David your kink is your strong point and one of the best on here coupled with the wraps you usually use bring up your crush and you will destroy anything just keep it up mate RESPECT!

This has also happened to me David :blush Now I know what it is like from this side. Only Respect coming from this side :bow

Jim, you've jumped on the 6" list with a short Red domination. :rock Congratulations!

Perry Glover has made his mark on both lists! Congratulations!

Perry, that hot rolled you bent for the 7" list has a crush more like 400 lb. crs. That's the trade off with hot rolled, due to the leverage gobbling broad arc it makes. I bet you could crush down a Red Nail right now, no problem.

Perry, that hot rolled you bent for the 7" list has a crush more like 400 lb. crs. That's the trade off with hot rolled, due to the leverage gobbling broad arc it makes. I bet you could crush down a Red Nail right now, no problem.

Thanks a lot Eric! Yeah, I fully expected that HRS to come in several hundred below the others on the list. I guess I should have just done a 1/4" square and not had to fight with the crush. :tongue Did you happen to cal the 7" carriage bolt as well? Just curious how much less it was than the HRS. I'll keep at it and work on something to improve the 7" bend.

I was gifted a few Reds by another bender and managed to get the first one down in about 10 minutes. The second one I tried froze on me right in the middle and I've been using it for ISOs now for several months...it moves a tiny bit every week or two. My bastards are much harder than the two reds I've tried. The crush on the red I know I can handle but getting through that sweep is the tough part for me.

It's nice to see my locally purchased Grade 2 bolt calibrated about right where I expected.

Eric, do you have any calibrated 60D's? I want to be on the list. Not really a bender. I figure pay my dues, then work my way up the list.

-Rex

Thanks a lot Eric! Yeah, I fully expected that HRS to come in several hundred below the others on the list. I guess I should have just done a 1/4" square and not had to fight with the crush. :tongue Did you happen to cal the 7" carriage bolt as well? Just curious how much less it was than the HRS. I'll keep at it and work on something to improve the 7" bend.

I was gifted a few Reds by another bender and managed to get the first one down in about 10 minutes. The second one I tried froze on me right in the middle and I've been using it for ISOs now for several months...it moves a tiny bit every week or two. My bastards are much harder than the two reds I've tried. The crush on the red I know I can handle but getting through that sweep is the tough part for me.

It's nice to see my locally purchased Grade 2 bolt calibrated about right where I expected.

It calibrated 5 pounds less. The Bastard hit 475 and the locally purchased crs hit 505.

Eric, do you have any calibrated 60D's? I want to be on the list. Not really a bender. I figure pay my dues, then work my way up the list.

-Rex

Rex, put the bottle away for now.

-Rex

faggage

Perry,

Just wrap that Red real tight and kill it. Make sure you hold that first hit as long as possible so it moves to the max. Then hit it again right away while the steel is still warm. You'll get it past that sweep easier that way. If it take a 3rd hit, do it. It's all about the speed. You've got it in you. And Congrats on the listing, you can definately increase both bends, just go and get it done.

Congrats again, Mike, on your 630 pound short Bastard! You're progressing like a speeding bullet!

Congrats again, Mike, on your 630 pound short Bastard! You're progressing like a speeding bullet!

you mean a speeding steam engine?

Congratulations to Ian Pritchard for starting off the 6" reverse list with a very nice 5.5" 60D bend today!