New Gripper Workout

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Well my training has really been slow as of late. I was off of work for two weeks and I keep my grippers at work , so I didn't train at all. When I came back, I started back. I am now doing the following:

2 x 5 each hand #2

1 minute rest

1 rep left / 2 reps right #3

1 minute rest

Repeat the #3 reps untill I get 5 sets( 1 minute between each one )

I am doing this Monday- Friday

also after grippers I am doing one other exercise( Pinch,lever,wrist roller, or wrist curls.

I am also starting the dreaded 4 letter word , DIET ! I have lost 17 lbs as of today. Down to a stealth 311 lbs. I am thinking around 250-260. It will be interesting to see haow the weightloss afects my grip. I know all of my other lifts will suffer,but I don't see why it should bother my grip to much.

Harlan,

Keep us up to date on how your diet affects your grip strength. I'll be feeling your pain after the holiday season. I figure there's no point in even trying right now with all the goodies, abudance of food period.

Jon@han

Harlan,

Good luck with the diet. I myself am about to hit a PR in that department (260 lbs). I wonder if I need a photo? :D

Have you set new goals, or are you simply basking in the CoC glory for a while?

Guest Harlan Jacobs

I would like to say that I have a goal to close the #4, But ? I have closed my BBE. I am going to work on training for the INCH. I really want to show it some air-time. Also my pinch is women-like. I would like to get multiple reps with me BBE, So I think that will be my gripper goal. I am told that my mug shoot will be in Milo in March issue. So if anyone has any mice in the barn of garage, I am sure my picture will take care of the problem.

As far as the diet goes, at 44 years old I feel I need to start thinking about my health and not just power. I can't belive I said that ! But 328 lbs is to much to lug around at 6' tall !

Have a good one guys

Interesting Harlan - good luck on the diet. We are of similar build (Im a bit taller and a bit lighter). When I first started serious grip training I was about 280lbs. The grip training lit a fire under my ass and I started getting back into serious full body training also (a mix of dinosaur/power lifting/olympic lifting). In addition, I really focused on a serious diet (frequent meals of protein, veggies and fruit). In the last several months my body weight hasn't changed much (270ish) but my body fat has gone down substanially and my grip strength has improved (a lot slower than when I first started tho). Personally, the increased cardio activity has had a postive effect on my strength training.

• 3 weeks later...