Magnus samuelsson and coc grippers

Guest StrongerthanArne

Guest StrongerthanArne

One the Swedish strongmen told me Magnus is now doing 10-15 reps on his CoC #3 and can close his CoC #4 if his pushes it against his leg. He is then able to hold it closed without assistens. Not bad considering he probably does not even know what a straphold is.

I am surprised this was up for 3 days with no comments.  10-15 reps on a number 3, that's scary!  I wonder if he trains with this type of rep scheme.  I wonder if we really shouldn't be discounting 5-10 reps sets on the #2 for people trying to close the #3.  I know I had good gains doing 10-20 reps on the Trainer years ago, but that was because of the huge gap between my trainer and old #1 (when I received my #2 I closed it immediately because it was only slightly harder than the old #1).

Guest Luke Reimer

It's funny we should hear this news about Magnus now. I never knew that he has been actively training with grippers these days, but after hearing how he could grind the #3 and bring the #4 within 1/2" without any previous crush training, I never had any doubt that he could get the #4 if he trained for it.

In my opinion Magnus ability to rep the #3 ten to fifteen times is less impressive than his ability to hold the 4# closed after cheating it together. I don't think repping out with the 3's would have helped him toward the 4's any (it never for me, at least). If Magnus can hold the #4 closed after cheating it together, I think he's very near closing it strict. The day could come any time now for him.

Guest StrongerthanArne

I believe that Magnus might have got some renewed interest in grippers after hearing about the Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge competition. The guy who spoke to Magnus is Håkan Petschler, Swedish representative for the IFSA. He witnessed Magnus doing ten "easy" reps with his #3 and cheat closing his #4. I don't know if 15 reps with the #3 was his absolut max. I will ask Håkan today. I personally have no doubt that Magnus would eventually be able to close a #4 if he wanted it bad.

I actually think there are more than a handful of potentials besides him running around the WSM arena.

Guest StrongerthanArne

Probably, but since he is one of the top three guys in the strongman game I thought it might be of some interest knowing what he is capable of doing with the grippers. Had I had any info on other top strongmen, Swedish or not, I would have presented that as well.

I think you're right, if he wants it, he'll close it.  15 reps is very impressive, and holding it closed.......WOW!!

Samuelsson will make it! no doubt!

Mikael can you get an interview with Magnus? and maybe with his brother Torbjörn and wife Kristin.

wannagrip:yes sure. would be fun to see Phil Phister with coc´s. samuelsson have bigg hands but Phil have even bigger hands.

but you should not forgett that samuelsson have been an European champion in armwrestling. ask WSM Nathan Jones how it felt when samuelsson brooke his arm 1997.