Captains Of Crush Hand Grippers

tomaarigatto

Thanks Danny. Very helpful. I will follow your technique then. It makes a lot of sense.

Also these grippers are not linear in their resistance, right? Like you said when you squeeze it half way, it becomes 2 times harder, and squeeze half of it, it becomes 2 times harder than the previous. Unlike other grippers which felt very linear.

Sometimes when I also try to close after many closes, I close in steps, kinda like I bring the handles closer, and then more force, closer, more force and done. But I feel it doesn't go all the way. But that happens when I just did many closes.

Thanks again.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tomaarigatto

• DannyGrip

• JAU1985

• mwhities

Thanks Danny. Very helpful. I will follow your technique then. It makes a lot of sense.

Also these grippers are not linear in their resistance, right? Like you said when you squeeze it half way, it becomes 2 times harder, and squeeze half of it, it becomes 2 times harder than the previous. Unlike other grippers which felt very linear.

Sometimes when I also try to close after many closes, I close in steps, kinda like I bring the handles closer, and then more force, closer, more force and done. But I feel it doesn't go all the way. But that happens when I just did many closes.

Thanks again.

The gripper handles have a distance of 2.75" approximately and from 2.75" to say 2" the resistance is relatively low. It's the last inch to inch and a half that's the hardest and challenges your muscles the most. So if you rep a gripper by opening all the way out, you are actually releasing tension off the muscles because the deep opening part is relatively easy. In order to best stimulate the muscles - it's best to open to parallel (where the handles are open and straight to each other) and then back to the close. In my own training experience, on weeks where I only did Full-Range Reps - I wasn't advancing nor getting any stronger. When I went back to what originally got me strong - Parallel Reps - all the sudden my muscles were burning more than ever and my strength has gone up!

Thanks Danny. That's very good technique, I will do the same. I didn't know the reps should have been like that. Now I know. :cool

Thanks again.

I hate to say it, but even if you tape the handles good, when you build more strength later on the shear force of your muscles crushing into the handles will cause the skin the thicken and get tough even if the texture is smooth.