Unbelievable...upright rows either hand with Inch Db!

1stCoC

I recieved a call from my friend Steve

Cardillo of Cardillo belts. He was up a the

strongman show in Boston and got interested

on the Inch bell. In the interim before he

gets the one I sent he borrowed another one

and had 5 men lift it with get this..... MULTIPLE

upright row singles with EITHER hand by Mark

Henry! He was accompanied by Terry Todd and

they mentioned for 1000 bucks he would CLEAN

and press it!No one has ever come close to

cleaning it in one motion, this feat might

rank at the top of any strength heap! PS Bert

continues to work on the #3 with 7 below 1/8

inch trials tonight. R

Sorin

Sounds awesome.  Does Mark mean he won't clean it unless he gets 񘈨.  I hope someone pays him or he just decides to do it.  It would probably be the greatest strength feat, at least since Paul Anderson or Kaz.  Tell Bert to keep up the good work.  Can't wait to see his picture in Milo.

JD

Richard,

I had the pleasure of watching Mark in Wilks Barre, PA, at the 1995 ADFPA Nationals (and again in '97 at the USAPL Nationals).  Weighing just over 400 pounds he pulled a 903 deadlift.  This was just prior to his Olympic apearance in 1996 so he was in top shape.  His size and natural strength have to be seen to be believed - the WWF doesn't do him justice.

Mark Henry....I saw him at the Paul Anderson invitational in 96' and he was huge! Really trim joints for a 400 lb man..... Very impressive.I guess it would take such a person to do a feat like that. I trust Mr Cardillo's explaining the feats he saw done by the 5 men as being accurate.Also, thanks for support with Bert's continued efforts (we had a few lawyers,town leaders and a notary present tonight watching him.) Regards,RS

Not to rain on anyone's parade..... BUT, when I met Mark Henry at the AOBS dinner this past October, he was supposed to put on an strength exhibition, but that didn't happen because of an aggravated injury.  Too bad.  Terry Todd told me that Mark could also rep the CoC #3.  I didn't see that either.  

I guess what I'm trying to get at is..... give me some proof (like a picture or something).  Mark Henry is a strong dude, but let's make sure he can back up what he says he can do.  Enough with the chit-chat.

• 2 years later...

Bump.

Found this old post and after reading about multiple upright row reps with the Inch, it got me thinking...that's a pretty ballistic movement that Mark Henry was doing. I have a question for Mr. Sorin:

1. Were the reps performed consecutively without setting the bell down?

2. For all readers, when did Mark Henry first Clean and Jerk the Inch dumbbell?

I train a lot of ballistic movements for the hands, in which I will attempt to catch heavy weights in the air or movements where the weight should fall straight to the floor... but this one seems way out of my league for now.

-Jedd-

Was it at the AOBS?

Not to rain on anyone's parade..... BUT, when I met Mark Henry at the AOBS dinner this past October, he was supposed to put on an strength exhibition, but that didn't happen because of an aggravated injury.  Too bad.  Terry Todd told me that Mark could also rep the CoC #3.  I didn't see that either.  

I guess what I'm trying to get at is..... give me some proof (like a picture or something).  Mark Henry is a strong dude, but let's make sure he can back up what he says he can do.  Enough with the chit-chat.

A LOT has changed since I wrote this post... I don't have any doubts about Mark's abilities regarding the Inch now. :bow:bow