? For Those Who Have Pinched 45's

AdamTGlass

Question for those who are able to pinch lift 45's--How long did it take you to work from 35's to 45's?

Dont worry about including programing or what you did, i simply would like to see an average time line.

um what was the question again?

~7 weeks.

-Rex

Freak Show :rock:bow

Shortly to forever. Adam, find the right 45's and you'll hit it in no time. If you've got a slick, wide pair that doesn't fit together good...well who knows.

I know the subject of what plates were best is very specific to the individual (width/rim/slope), but i will ask anyways.

For those who are consistent with your 45's, what brand plates are you best with? Also for training purposes did you knock off the paint or sand them or any other things such as this.

I know the subject of what plates were best is very specific to the individual (width/rim/slope), but i will ask anyways.

For those who are consistent with your 45's, what brand plates are you best with? Also for training purposes did you knock off the paint or sand them or any other things such as this.

Something to keep in mind is most plates out there are 2.5" wide (for two of them) this is about 63 mm. Almost nobody pinches on that width (65mm) for the 2HP. I'd look for some in the 2 to 2 1/8" range (50ish-54mm) which is where most people 2HP at. Texture is huge and as for modification: if you remove the paint then you're a cheater but if they're "naturally" rusty, we'll then that's ok :rolleyes . I'm sure you know where I fall on this. Seems like a lot of guys pinch them for the first time on the old yorks (not the fat ones). I don't know if this due to the milling or the high quality machining which makes them fit together so well or if they're narrower (seems like they are). I still can't pinch my standard barbell 45's (65-67mm) but have pinched Yorks after contests on more than one occasion.

I have been lucky enough through hard work to do most brands and widths. You are STRONG...maybe just change your focus a bit and zone into the 1HP for a while :rock You will get it in no time at all :rock

I have been lucky enough through hard work to do most brands and widths. You are STRONG...maybe just change your focus a bit and zone into the 1HP for a while :rock You will get it in no time at all :rock

Thanks a million for jumping in with that Chad :rock

You know i had never spent time with pinching, 6 weeks ago 35's felt glued to the floor, tonight i lifted them with two fingers

I have had a lot of people offer some very helpful advice, especially Jedd.

I am going to hit this seriously for the summer. I feel 45's are within my grasp this year. Its like 35's just heavier :)

Ok ill get in this race now

I can do 35s

Haven't done any plate pinching for months

My 45s are 2 1/8

Right now I can very slightly move em off the ground, like a hair when fresh

Ill post a video soon and send it to jed for verification and let every on know my training or lack of to get it.

Deal......no,........ done deal

Parris Janusek

Finally managed it yesterday. There's a pair of 15's to a pair of 20's time line in my log. Took less than rex :tongue

Question for those who are able to pinch lift 45's--How long did it take you to work from 35's to 45's?

Dont worry about including programing or what you did, i simply would like to see an average time line.

2 15kg plates - Oct2006

2 20kg plates - last wednesday though i did get air with these back in April 2007.

I did no direct work apart improving my euro pinch at bigger widths like 65mm - this seemed to help.

No time... :D First time when i had change to try 2x20kg ( 2x44lb ) i lift those suckers up to "lockup-position", before that i had not tried any pinch lifts, only done some bb style training. Guess i'm born with it... :laugh

I think it's possible for anyone who are believing themselves and what they are doing. Some may need few weeks, some few months and some are born with it... :rock

First - I'm not consistent with 2-45s - I miss the wider ones still all the time. Everything people have told you is right on but the missing piece of the puzzle for me was the fact that the grip I use for the Euro pinch doesn't work for me when doing one hand pinch of any kind. I had to practice the one hand version and what worked for me until it happened. One and two hand lifts are quite different for me in hand placement - it might be the same for you - approach it as a "skill" as much as a strength and it might help.

Have pinched 2 x 20kg Leoko's total thickness approx. 42-43mm ( I'm not 100% sure ) several times with L / R, also done it with Olympia 2 x 20kg plates with really slippery paint finish total thickness approx. 60mm. Leokos are not knocked of or destroyed by anyway, also Olympia's are very good shape; no rust etc.

Personally prefer Leoko's more; surface is little bit rougher due to the original machining and they fits together better. Olympia's plate which i have used, fitts together very badly, but it gives more challenge though...