Proposed Program For Coc's

Jonathan McMillan

Friday am elbows irritated from wed, gonna wear the sleeves until they settle down again and will play it by ear with the grip stuff went better today then I thought it would:

credit card set grippers

T,#1, #2.5 2-3 mm LR

Filed #2 straphold @5lbs x3 solid holds, suprised to find this more difficult then the ruler I had been using, guess the layer of duct tape made it too easy.

one hand pinch@70lbs

had attempted 76lbs but too weak today, 75x3 DL X8 sets

Jon@han

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonathan McMillan

• amaury

• bencrush

• thomas straub

Wish you could have gone to Gripmas Jonathan. The calibrated grippers were great and I really enjoyed the axle DL and the Euro Pinch. What are your competition PRs on those two events?

The medley was deadly, did pretty well on wide pinch but not on the other stuff. Chris really did a great job conceiving and running things, Doc was an excellent judge, and Teresa Rice made everyone feel right at home and was a great cook.

I'm looking forward to your card tearing demonstration report.

Can't remember what the offical amount was on the Euro at the last GGC but I do remember almost gettting 190 up to the bar. Haven't tried an offical axle DL, got around 300lbs at Nick's last winter.

Didn't do any grip stuff all week to save myself for Friday.

Friday:

Did a show for each class so it was a workout for me in itself, between the two classes I did:

closed the grippers with a credit card set up to #2.5 and got the #3 down to 1/2cm(only did the #3 attempt in one class)

Ripped 4 decks of cards-just $store brand, including 2 quartered after ripping them the longways

Bent 2x 60 penny nails, 5 timber ties

1/2" square x4' fished two of them

rolled up two frying pans

It was a fun time, fried my nervous system as after I went to the gym but couldn't do as much as I wanted

Jon@han

Sunday elbows were killing me while trying to bench so I must've flared up the tenndonitis on Friday.

RT regular pin-kgs

50x1, 55x1, 60x1, 65x1, 70x1 slipping out of hand done

TTK 2 thumb-lbs

10x30, 15x20, x20

Jon@han

Should've laid of the gripstuff all week but last night(fri) I just had to do a little bit:

credit card set grippers

T,#1, Filed #2 x1

#2.5 2mmL shut R

#3 1.5cm L 1cmR, 1.25cmL >1cmR!!! pretty happy about this maybe I'll get this thing shut in the newyear sometime!

Jon@han

Sunday Gripstuff:

credit card set grippers

T,#1,filed#2, #2.5 2mmL mashed and grind R, #3 >1cm LR, worse next attempt called it quits

cannon ball lift

about softball size got it for Christmas have no idea what it weighs feels hollow:

20lbsx1, 25x1, 27.5L only right partial, 30x1 left right got only 1-2cm of air

Jon@han

Friday's Grip stuff:

credit card set

T, #1, filed #2, #2.5 2mmL shut R, #3 1/2" L <1cm R

cc set to ruler hold:

@1.25lbs:filed #2 L, #2.5 R solid hold

@3.75lbs: filed#2 L, #2.5 R solid hold

@6.25lbs: filed#2 L, #2.5 R weak hold less then 1 second

1 hand pinch

71lbs x1 oops to heavy

65lbs x3DL x8 sets

Too lazy to do anything on Wed other then play guitar hero III :cool

Jon@han

Wed's Gripstuff:

credit card set

T,#1, filed #2, #2.5 2mmL shut R, #3 >1cmL <1cmR, same for next attempt

Ruler hold filed #2 for L and #2.5 for R:

1.25x1, 3.75x1 good hold, 5lbxweak hold R, L solid with the easier gripper

one hand pinch-lbs

67.5x3DL x5 sets, 70x1, 80x1,

Then 25's pinched and curled???? Wow, I've wanted to do that for sometime can't believe I did it out of the blue and a few singles with each hand!

Jon@han

Then 25's pinched and curled???? Wow, I've wanted to do that for sometime can't believe I did it out of the blue and a few singles with each hand!

Jon@han

Jonathan,

? Holy... :rock :rock :rock

Bob, the computer I'm at can't do youtube but it's like doing a platecurl but with a pair of pinched plates if that helps. So strange to just be able to do something without training on aything similar other then plate pinching lately, haven't done any kindof of platecurl in sometime.

Friday's gripstuff:

credit card set grippers

T,#1, Filed#2, #2.5 2mmL shut R, #3 >1cm LR, SM 1cmL shut R -this is good news as I was gonna buy another #2.5 to file down now I don't need to, I'll just file the sm down

2 hand pinch-lbs

70x1, 120x1, 170x1, 180x1, 190 broke off the floor only -still consider this a PR never do as well on the pinch at home as I have in competitions.

Jon@han

Monday's Gripstuff:

credit card set grippers

T,#1, filed #2, #2.5 2mmL shut R, #3 >1cmL <1cmR

L with #2.5: 2mm, 2mm, 2mm

R with #3: <1cm R, >1cmR, last one was crap bit past par laugh.gif

one hand pinch

70x3DL x5 sets, 75x1, 80x1

then 25's curled again just to make sure it wasn't a fluke form wasn't as smooth as last time but still got it done with either hand

Jon@han