Forearm Size

Grippster

Shouldn't bodyweight be an important variable too?

Absolutely!

I was about to mention this factor.

A 14" forearm flexed and straight is big if it's on a 165lb man vs. a 300lb man.

In 2009 at the ROTN Arm Wrestling Championships in Kansas City Rob Vingent pulled out

the ole handy dandy tape measure after numerous AW'er made claims to their forearm size.

Come to find out nearly every single claimant was 1" off (less) than what they initially claimed.

My right forearm measured 13", straight, cold, and flexed. My BW is 205 and I'm just shy of 5' 7" tall.

My forearms look larger than they measure due to my short stature and my short forearms (9").

Not calling anyone a liar here, just keeping things in perspective. :)

I read long ago truly "maxed out" forearms would be simply twice the size of the measured wrist. This is with the forearm held straight. The largest I ever saw on a "normal" being had 8 1/2' wrists and get this.... 17 1/2" held straight forearm( not pumped either). I measured him several times! Just amazing! ":Mr. Tyrone" as everyone called him was a real man! At my best my wrist was about 7 1/4" and forearm 14 3/4" straight 16 1/4 flexed if my memory serves correctly. RS

• 3 weeks later...

I'll contribute my stats as well...

R Wrist - 8"

L Wrist - 8"

R Forearm - 15 1/4" (cold, goose-neck)

L Forearm - 15" (cold, goose-neck)

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 248 lbs

Hand size:

Spread, pinky to thumb: 9.5"

Wrist to end of middle finger: 8.5"