Forearm Size

Grippster

I have a hard time believing a 23'' forearm. Mark Henry, at 400lbs, has huge forearms and i doubt his are much bigger than 18''-19''. Another 5'' on top of that? No way. Greg Kovaks was mentioned earlier in this thread - again i'd say no bigger than 19''.

I do believe that 'ape man escaped' has 16.25'' forearms. With a 32'' waist, he is obviously lean at 250lbs. 250lbs lean at 5'9'' is BIG - not far off pro bodybuilder size. Then again, i'd love to see the BBSE being closed!

I don't know how big Richard Lupke's forearm is. Mine is a bit over 17 flexed and cold, 15.5 straight and cold - just measured. I have trained with Richard and all I can say is his forearm is MUCH bigger than mine. I don't know about 23 but I would say there is a good possibility it is 20 or better.

LOL, that's funny.

23" does sound insane for sure, but to me, reading WADE saying that someone's forearm is "much" bigger than his, is saying a lot, because Wade's forearm looks like a bloody leg already!!!

all i know is if Lupkes has a forearm that big his forearm is both A LOT bigger than my neck and upper arm lol

but then again he's a gigantic man.

I'm no where near some of you guys.

Left and right straight measure 13.5 inches

Left wrist is 8.1 inches and right is 8 inches.

Bodyweight 264 lbs at 6 ft 1/2 in .

Can anybody recommend some exercises for me !!!!

Wade and Mobster are modern day Apollons.

Apeman is a modernday gorrilla !!!!!

Wrist curls he he. The one that pumps me up to the big numbers is a rehab tool made by a name I can't use. The rest of the mass come from the sheer volume of grip work I do.

I don't know how big Richard Lupke's forearm is. Mine is a bit over 17 flexed and cold, 15.5 straight and cold - just measured. I have trained with Richard and all I can say is his forearm is MUCH bigger than mine. I don't know about 23 but I would say there is a good possibility it is 20 or better.

Wade, how do you fair with Richard on the table?

You're lucky to get to train with this MONSTER.

Hey Wade me and Richard talked about grip training and I talked about the GripBoard and he said that he lived down the road from you guy's and had done some training with you he spoke very highly of you. I knew when I posted this it would get some attention like I said we did'nt get a tape out but there big I wont even talk about his hand that's whole nother story lol ! And I will say agian he was a super nice guy !

Chris - for quick mass gains I would suggest doing pronation and supination work with a belt or rubber bands. Wrap the belt - like a martial arts belt - around your hand so it pulls your arm in a position that requires you to pronate or supinate (two different ways to do this). You can hook the belt up to cables or free weights - just figure out the angles and positions that work your arm the best. If you don't currently do any of this type of work you should get mass gains. I suspect Steve's secret training device is similar to this. Otherwise my secret is like Steve's - daily or twice daily grip work.

As far as training with Richard, the man is a complete animal - freak of nature. Honestly, I can't budge him if he gets serious at all but he always tells me how strong I feel so I must be making him work some. There are some positions that I can challenge him when he is just holding me but when he wants to go it's all over. As strong as Richard is on the table I think he could be even stronger if he did a few things different. He has incredible wrist flexion strength that he never uses - he generally just pulls flat wrist.

As far as grip, last time he was up he bent down and picked up the blob with little effort. He was very close to closing a 3 with no set and in a bad position. I'm sure he could do this if I worked with him for 10 minutes on positioning.

Wade

Does anyone have any measurement on David Horne's forearms? I know they are pretty dang big. Have to be upwards of 16 I would think.

Your forearms are bigger than you think they are. I myself have huge forearms, but they do not measure anything like some here are claiming. The trick is in the way you measure them!

Your forearms are bigger than you think they are. I myself have huge forearms, but they do not measure anything like some here are claiming. The trick is in the way you measure them!

Indeed. They need to be measured as per the way Joe Roark has measured some pros. Or, at least, those that tape them (as some have done) need to say how they measured them. Straight out or bent, goose necked or not and so on.

My best, 16.75-inches, was goosenecked and about 30-degrees of off a straight out arm.

This photo: http://www.oldtimestrongman.com/images13/d...and_forearm.gif is close to the worst way. If we say the forearm is, relative to the upper arm/biceps, at 90-degrees then some guys move the forearm even more back against the biceps and this gives the greatest measurement. The more the lower arm is moved away the lesser the measurement. Finally the least of all is given by clenching the fist but not goosenecking it (flexing the first downwards) but with the arm completely straight out.

how big is it? your forearm looks huge compared to mine, i know you have bigger hands and i think we are similar in size.

how big is it? your forearm looks huge compared to mine, i know you have bigger hands and i think we are similar in size.

15'' arm straight and relaxed.

Made some decent gains since the last time I posted.

Left forearm is now 15" at a 90* angle, flexed:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8904

Right forearm is catching up...it's now 14.75".

Here's right forearm + bicep:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8902

...and left forearm and bicep:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8903

This is at my BW of 258lb (mid-day) and 6' tall.

so, how big is your forearm in that photo(i.e. flexed)?

so, how big is your forearm in that photo(i.e. flexed)?

17 1/2'' flexed, a difference of 2 1/2'' compared to the arm being straight. The straight measurement is the one to use, as the flexed measurement varies so much according to arm position. My forearm size is pretty much the same as Wade's. No doubt many get into grip training as a way to achieve greater forearm development.