Forearm Size

Grippster

The internet is filled with guys with 20" upper arms and 16"-18" lower arms.. it's crazy.

It seems that grip strength is pretty consistent with forearm size - everyone here has big forearms. And mobster, your forearms are massive in the picture I saw but you're also almost double my weight.

I don't think grip training has made any difference at all in the top of my forearms.

I attribute any size on the top of the forearm to incidental growth from pullups, pulldowns, rows, bicep curls, preacher curls, etc. - any movement involving elbow flexion & direct growth from exercises such as reverse curls and hammer curls.

I do think grip training has produced growth in the bottom of the forearm.

My grip is shot if I dare to do traditional Barbell Wrist Curls in the gym for 5 brutal sets then give grippers a try at home.

My forearm:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8602

When I was doing wrist curls they got to about 12-1/4" :D They are now under 12 I believe. They don't look big but not that small because I have the thinest, girliest freakin' wrists ever at something like 6-3/8". So the rule of "forearm 2x as big as wrist" is actually achievable for me if I trained for mass.

The internet is filled with guys with 20" upper arms and 16"-18" lower arms.. it's crazy.

Not an issue if they weigh 270+ but if not... Also, as I said earlier in this thread, it's not quite the issue one might expect when we are a bunch of grip and forearm working freaks (in the best way).

Ok ill play 14 1/2 straight out flexed not pumped right arm weight now 230 down from 325 lol ! But let me tell a story I was refing matches at the last Top roll event in Kansas City and got the pleasure to meet Richard Lupkis he pulled Nick Zinna for the TopRoll heavy weight title. I will just say word's do not describe how large this dude is a complete freak of nature I will just say I met Greg Kovac's in 2000 at the Arnold just a freaky they compare Kovac's weiged 365 Richard weighed in at 318 he lifted his shirt to show a 8 pack the man is I think 55 year's old. :blink Let me get to my point I asked him his forarm measerment he said around 23 yes I said 23 inches we did'nt get a tape out but i beleive him never ever seen anything like it and the bonus super super nice guy !

Guest Bullitt
Lupkes is a Monster, but 318, with an 8 pack, and with a 23" Forearm?

Mmmn.

Sounds like my Mums. That woman was a beast. :trout

Hello All,

Ive posted pictures up in the past of my forearm. Im 5'9 250 lbs with a 32 inch waist. been working out for 20 years. I have a 7.5 inch wrist. just measured my forearm unflexed they are 16.25 inches. im sure if i got them pumped up and goosenecked they would be over 17 inches.. Now before u all flame me look at my previous pics. no there not photo chopped, no im not pushing my forearm up, no i dont use synthol. I have always been gentically gifted. Im working on closeing the SE on a consistant basis.

I've just had a look. The small wrist makes the large lump near the elbow look all the more impressive. But the angle of the photo (taken by you - was no one else available?) as well as pressing the lump onto the thigh in each photo all serve to enhance it. The front of photo you which prefaces the gallery shows a well proportioned muscular physique but not unusual looking forearms (and of course taken by someone else). See if you can update the image but this time no thigh and someone else on camera. Feel free to flex etc.

Oh and the term is 'photo-shopped' not photo chopped (named after a photo manipulation program).

Edited by mobsterone

Guest Bullitt
Hello All,

Ive posted pictures up in the past of my forearm. Im 5'9 250 lbs with a 32 inch waist. been working out for 20 years. I have a 7.5 inch wrist. just measured my forearm unflexed they are 16.25 inches. im sure if i got them pumped up and goosenecked they would be over 17 inches.. Now before u all flame me look at my previous pics. no there not photo chopped, no im not pushing my forearm up, no i dont use synthol. I have always been gentically gifted. Im working on closeing the SE on a consistant basis.

I've just had a look. The small wrist makes the large lump near the elbow look all the more impressive. But the angle of the photo (taken by you - was no one else available?) as well as pressing the lump onto the thigh in each photo all serve to enhance it. The front on photo you which prefaces the gallery shows a well proportioned physique but not unusual looking forearms (and of course taken by someone else). See if you can update the image but this time no thigh and someone else on camera. Feel free to flex etc.

Oh and the term is 'photo-shopped' not photo chopped (named after a photo manipulation program).

I still want to see the SE video... :)

Hello All,

I've just had a look. The small wrist makes the large lump near the elbow look all the more impressive. But the angle of the photo (taken by you - was no one else available?) as well as pressing the lump onto the thigh in each photo all serve to enhance it. The front on photo you which prefaces the gallery shows a well proportioned physique but not unusual looking forearms (and of course taken by someone else). See if you can update the image but this time no thigh and someone else on camera. Feel free to flex etc.

Me too :D

Hello All,

I just want to see the A&E Documentary titled "Man with exploding forearms" :laugh

Guest Bullitt
Sure - add that to the list. :dry

:laugh

How many people have actually closed an SE? has to be a pretty select group i would think.

Edited by Bullitt

It all depends on the super elite. With all the custom grippers floating around, a "super elite" can mean many different things.

• Like 1

Isn't there a line in a Johnny Cash song that goes something like "but what can all them muscles do?" There's lots of very big muscles being talked about here but I need to ask - "What can all those great big muscles do?" Some of you boys need to show up at a contest and see how things go. It's go - not show!

Isn't there a line in a Johnny Cash song that goes something like "but what can all them muscles do?" There's lots of very big muscles being talked about here but I need to ask - "What can all those great big muscles do?" Some of you boys need to show up at a contest and see how things go. It's go - not show!

Agree Chris! I never could understand why anyone would be into this stuff and NOT want to go to a contest. I have only been to 2 grip contests but it would have been 4 if not for strongman contests and smashing my finger up 1 week before one. My 3rd grip contest will be Gripmas 2009. See you then Chris.

Measured just now

No pump straight out 13.5"

Flexed and goosnecked like Bobs pic 14.75"

6'5" 245lbs.

My left forearm is bigger, so I'll go by those numbers:

Working out: ~1.5 years

Weight: ~250lb

Cold, flexed, goose neck - 14.75

PUMPED, flexed, goose neck - 15.25

Cold, straight, flexed - 14.25

PUMPED, straight, flexed - 14.5+

I would like to see pics of these big forearms. Casey Viator, Mike mentzer and Sergio Oliva were all around 15'' measured with arm straight, and they were known for their enormous lower arms. A genuine 15'' forearm is both massive and rare.

This was taken cold:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8595

Right is now 14.25, btw.

what is your height?

Agree Chris! I never could understand why anyone would be into this stuff and NOT want to go to a contest. I have only been to 2 grip contests but it would have been 4 if not for strongman contests and smashing my finger up 1 week before one. My 3rd grip contest will be Gripmas 2009. See you then Chris.

Measured just now

No pump straight out 13.5"

Flexed and goosnecked like Bobs pic 14.75"

6'5" 245lbs.

in my case i live in Hawaii and it would be one hell of a trip for me to make it to one of these things. i wish i was into grip in 2000-01 because i read they had rolling thunder contests here.

Guest Bullitt
My left forearm is bigger, so I'll go by those numbers:

Working out: ~1.5 years

Weight: ~250lb

Cold, flexed, goose neck - 14.75

PUMPED, flexed, goose neck - 15.25

Cold, straight, flexed - 14.25

PUMPED, straight, flexed - 14.5+

I would like to see pics of these big forearms. Casey Viator, Mike mentzer and Sergio Oliva were all around 15'' measured with arm straight, and they were known for their enormous lower arms. A genuine 15'' forearm is both massive and rare.

This was taken cold:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8595

Right is now 14.25, btw.

what is your height?

I believe Frank is 6' even.

This is the greatest thread, it reminds me of highschool :laugh :laugh :laugh:D :D :D

This is the greatest thread, it reminds me of highschool :laugh :laugh :laugh:D :D :D

you musta went to a weird high school, i don't ever remember comparing forearm sizes lol

Hello All,

So your forearms combined are larger than your waist? Is that anthropometrically possible? Where is David Willoughby when you need him?

:laugh :laugh

you musta went to a weird high school, i don't ever remember comparing forearm sizes lol

No no, I mean this is a great pissing contest we have here! Mines bigger than yours, yea well yours looks like a goose, yea well your on synthinol, no I'm not you are, no you are, #%%$##*&% freak, What did you say about my sisrer, I'm gonna mms your neck, yea well try it. Bla bla

You guys gotta love this stuff!

I'm not posting cause I don't want anyone to laugh at me :)

Rico