Forearm Size

Grippster

I won't put my numbers down here, but I will say that my forearm flexed in a "goose neck" is nearly 3/4 inch bigger than just out straight. Getting accurate forearm measurements are a lot like getting honest bicep measurements. I have me armwrestlers that said they had 17" forearms but admitted mine were bigger. I would have a hard time looking someone in the face and trying to tell them mine were 17". lol

i never understand the point of lying. i mean, who really cares if you make a bunch of guys on the internet believe you're bigger, or stronger then you really are? lol

10''.

You're a captain of crush with a 10" forearm? WOW

For some reason, I think he's kidding ;)

I was thinking the same thing, notice how he edited his reply :D

I won't put my numbers down here, but I will say that my forearm flexed in a "goose neck" is nearly 3/4 inch bigger than just out straight. Getting accurate forearm measurements are a lot like getting honest bicep measurements. I have me armwrestlers that said they had 17" forearms but admitted mine were bigger. I would have a hard time looking someone in the face and trying to tell them mine were 17". lol

i never understand the point of lying. i mean, who really cares if you make a bunch of guys on the internet believe you're bigger, or stronger then you really are? lol

And yet a great deal of people do. You should read the training forum on the Northeast Board. It's full of people deadlifting dumptrucks and setting world bench press records.

My forearms are about 12.5 inches (straight arm, a lot bigger when goosenecked), but they look quite big as my wrist is tiny, only a bit over 6 inches. I'm a lean 160lbs atm and 29, been training grip on and off for about 7 years now (crikey, time flies!). I'm sure I could do some more training and get them bigger than a 2:1 ratio.

Edited by mithras

Yeah plus the size of the person is always a factor because a skinny or fat giant will measure bigger than everyone here. But the amount of development and strength from one person to the next is something that's hard to measure with a ruler.

6'2"

225lbs

Right Arm

wrist 7 1/4"

Goosenecked pumped 13 1/2"

Left Arm

Wrist 7 1/8"

Goosenecked pumped 13 1/4"

And yet a great deal of people do. You should read the training forum on the Northeast Board. It's full of people deadlifting dumptrucks and setting world bench press records.

oh yeah, the internet has a lot of liars. but i just don't see what you gain to benefit from it?

Size: 14" (35.6 cm) right and left goosenecked

7.5" (19.1 cm) right and left wrists

Height: 74" (187.9 cm)

Weight: 220 lbs or so :(

I've seen cases where 12 year old boys pretend to be 22 year old females. Everything on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt. The gripper videos are good, but there is still a very slim chance that someone would go through the trouble to somehow modify the gripper to make it easier to close and then lie about the calibration. Pretty stupid if you ask me, but I feel that the GP members are pretty honest and that's one reason why I like this place.

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

Ive posted pictures up in the past of my forearm. Im 5'9 250 lbs with a 32 inch waist. been working out for 20 years. I have a 7.5 inch wrist. just measured my forearm unflexed they are 16.25 inches. im sure if i got them pumped up and goosenecked they would be over 17 inches.. Now before u all flame me look at my previous pics. no there not photo chopped, no im not pushing my forearm up, no i dont use synthol. I have always been gentically gifted. Im working on closeing the SE on a consistant basis.

Size doesn't matter............................. or so I keep saying anyway :D

Guest Bullitt
Hello All,

Ive posted pictures up in the past of my forearm. Im 5'9 250 lbs with a 32 inch waist. been working out for 20 years. I have a 7.5 inch wrist. just measured my forearm unflexed they are 16.25 inches. im sure if i got them pumped up and goosenecked they would be over 17 inches.. Now before u all flame me look at my previous pics. no there not photo chopped, no im not pushing my forearm up, no i dont use synthol. I have always been gentically gifted. Im working on closeing the SE on a consistant basis.

Wow, you are closing an SE?!?! :blink Consistently or not, there are only a handful of guys out there that can do that. I'd really love to see a video of that.

19, forearms 14" pumped and with wrist "goose necked" at 165 lbs. Been lifting seriously for only 1.5 years (before that I didn't know what I was doing and didn't have good equipment, I just did some curls and some push-ups for about 2.5 years before that).

I wonder too when I see posts where everyone has 14"+. Not saying anyone is lying, but those are decent size forearms. I think mine are 14.25 or so at 210.

http://powerandbulk.com/arm.JPG

Edited by Bob Lipinski

I wonder too when I see posts where everyone has 14"+. Not saying anyone is lying, but those are decent size forearms. I think mine are 14.25 or so at 210.

i posted my forearm, but see my forearm looks nothing like yours or a lot of people who have smaller forearms then mine.

your forearm looks ridiculously huge, and i look like i have a small forearm. but tape doesn't lie.

I just measured my right forearm and it's about 11.5 inches around :blink either you guys all have massive forearms or mine are quite small, even with a good bit of grip training :ohmy

You're 16 and weigh 165. That's why. I'm 45 and weight 280 most days and with a pump my best recently was 16.75-inches (it was a good day)

Edited by mobsterone

Yea i suppose so :blush those are some big arms there, nice :rock

Hello All,

Dude the pics of your forearms are probably oddest shape i've seen. Reminds me of Gregg Valentino's biceps. :ohmy

Try to get a video closing that SE . A lot of us gripboarders would love to see that.

Guest Bullitt
Hello All,

Dude the pics of your forearms are probably oddest shape i've seen. Reminds me of Gregg Valentino's biceps. :ohmy

Try to get a video closing that SE . A lot of us gripboarders would love to see that.

Seriously Ape. We'd all love to see a video of you closing that SE. Why haven't you certed?

i posted my forearm, but see my forearm looks nothing like yours or a lot of people who have smaller forearms then mine.

your forearm looks ridiculously huge, and i look like i have a small forearm. but tape doesn't lie.

Chris, two things-

First, you can cheat the tape a little. I don't think you did on purpose, but you did a little- The tape doesn't run on top of itself the whole way. I'm not saying you did this on purpose, and I don't think you got more than a quarter inch, but you can cheat the tape measure alot sometimes if you are bound and determined.

Also- You are 300 plus pounds? You are gonna be big all over! I weighed between 210-220 in that pic, at around 5'7.

Chris, two things-

First, you can cheat the tape a little. I don't think you did on purpose, but you did a little- The tape doesn't run on top of itself the whole way. I'm not saying you did this on purpose, and I don't think you got more than a quarter inch, but you can cheat the tape measure alot sometimes if you are bound and determined.

Also- You are 300 plus pounds? You are gonna be big all over! I weighed between 210-220 in that pic, at around 5'7.

One of the issues is how the arm is flexed. In your photo Bob that's 1 notch down from the way to get the biggest possible measurement (the last one being with the wrist flexed inwards).