Forearm Size

Grippster

True. I do very little forearm work and then only if events demand it (hence some flexor and extensor work for plate wrist curls at the moment). But I do like to think most of the other training, chest, legs, back and so on, are also sufficiently heavy enough to stimulate growth.

Oldguy shouldn't need reminding but I will anyway.

The guys mentioned: Casey Viator, Mike mentzer and Sergio Oliva

1) midgets (well short anywa) all are well under six feet.

2) Although there is the odd photo or two of them training forearms often it was done as an after thought.

3) Most here should have, all things considered, some lower arm development by virtue of the grip training.

Also add the extremely low BF %.......which could knock off and inch plus in some cases. Taller people will naturally measure bigger even though aesthetically they appear smaller.

I would like to see pics of these big forearms. Casey Viator, Mike mentzer and Sergio Oliva were all around 15'' measured with arm straight, and they were known for their enormous lower arms. A genuine 15'' forearm is both massive and rare.

it's weird, i never thought of my forearms as being enormous forearms. i always thought they were just regular sized, guys like Sam Solomi and Magnus look like they have huge forearms compared to me but they measure smaller? weird, some kind of optical illusion lol

here is a pic of my left forearm straight out no flex

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8767

Edited by Pancake Sprawl

something i forgot to mention, unlike everyone who has posted their pics of their forearms, my forearms do not get so much thicker like the others on the bottom, but i have really big "top" of the forearm muscles? i don't know what they're called, but it looks weird lol and a lot of my friends think it's freaky to see it.

True. I do very little forearm work and then only if events demand it (hence some flexor and extensor work for plate wrist curls at the moment). But I do like to think most of the other training, chest, legs, back and so on, are also sufficiently heavy enough to stimulate growth.

Oldguy shouldn't need reminding but I will anyway.

The guys mentioned: Casey Viator, Mike mentzer and Sergio Oliva

1) midgets (well short anyway) all are well under six feet.

2) Although there is the odd photo or two of them training forearms often it was done as an after thought.

3) Most here should have, all things considered, some lower arm development by virtue of the grip training.

4) they're all roiders too (nothing against them - but it helps)

Apparently not. Oldguys comment was that few, if any, have large forearms. All three had, in terms of appearance, massive forearms. But most pro-bodybuilders also have, relative to their muscles, small joints. I think he was getting at how these guys (roids or not) did not have forearms hitting the numbers some had posted.

Now all three weren't as heavy as I am, nor as tall and did little if any forearm work. I think that there are photos of all three showing them doing wrist curls (I've enough magazines to have seen all three doing so) but as is often the case these are also often posed photos.

So it's case of, roids or not, none having forearms much over 15-inches but GB members not being quite so short, light, small jointed and all training grip. Hence more over 15 than one might typically see.

I would like to see pics of these big forearms. Casey Viator, Mike mentzer and Sergio Oliva were all around 15'' measured with arm straight, and they were known for their enormous lower arms. A genuine 15'' forearm is both massive and rare.

it's weird, i never thought of my forearms as being enormous forearms. i always thought they were just regular sized, guys like Sam Solomi and Magnus look like they have huge forearms compared to me but they measure smaller? weird, some kind of optical illusion lol

here is a pic of my left forearm straight out no flex

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8767

Of coarse, you're 6'5" :D That thing's huge.

Doesnt Denis Cyplenkov have forearms of ~20"?

just looked at one site and it said 57cm, thats over 22.5"!

yeah but that guy looks like a cartoon character lol

There's no way on earth Cyplenkov's forearms are 22.5 inches.

Joe Roark once wrote that forearms, elbows locked and wrist straight, that measure twice the wrist are genuinely exceptional.

Steve point is correct, Olivia, Rosbo, Oliva etc were not exceptionally large guys overall, but it would still be interesting to see pictorial proof of these measurements.

My Forearms were nearly 15inch pumped when I took these pictures. Note the lower forearm looks big but the upper muscle is tiny, This is because all I was doing at the time were grippers and normal wrist curls, I didn't do much reverse wrist curl as I couldn't move much weight that way and didn't enjoy doing them......stupid I know!

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=5998

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=5959

Today they were just over 14inch cold. I've not trained just forearms alone for months. I'm thinking about starting wrist curls again soon but only after I finish the KTA.

I think having a small wrist (mines 8inch, not small but not huge) makes your forearms look bigger, in a proportion way. I know guys with smaller arms than me but they look bigger due to them being shorter than me. I'm 6ft.

Edited by lloyd80s

you see, that's what i'm talking about, i did only regular wrist curls and grippers too and still my top muscle of the forearm was a lot bigger then bottom. must be genetics or something?

My Forearms were nearly 15inch pumped when I took these pictures. Note the lower forearm looks big but the upper muscle is tiny, This is because all I was doing at the time were grippers and normal wrist curls, I didn't do much reverse wrist curl as I couldn't move much weight that way and didn't enjoy doing them......stupid I know!

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=5998

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=5959

Today they were just over 14inch cold. I've not trained just forearms alone for months. I'm thinking about starting wrist curls again soon but only after I finish the KTA.

I think having a small wrist (mines 8inch, not small but not huge) makes your forearms look bigger, in a proportion way. I know guys with smaller arms than me but they look bigger due to them being shorter than me. I'm 6ft.

It's all about ratios of flexed forearm (the thicker part normally being the upper) to wrist size. Joe has been quoted as saying lee Priest does the best on that. In terms of actual muscular forearms with a thick wrist then it's Bill Kazmaier - about 18inches but at 6+ and 320+

Years Training: On and off for 14 years

Years Grip Training: 2.5

Size: 13" (flexed and pumped)

Height: 70"

Weight: 205-210

When I first started grip training my forearms were 11.5". Grip training has helped tremendously.

There's no way on earth Cyplenkov's forearms are 22.5 inches.

Joe Roark once wrote that forearms, elbows locked and wrist straight, that measure twice the wrist are genuinely exceptional.

Steve point is correct, Olivia, Rosbo, Oliva etc were not exceptionally large guys overall, but it would still be interesting to see pictorial proof of these measurements.

I'm pretty sure my forearms have the capacity to grow to more than double my wrist size. I guess it's somewhat exceptional but this is very genetic. Some people work very hard and can't get big there. Both of my grandfathers were big in the forearms, so for me I guess there's a advantage.

Guys just a reminder - please leave roids out of our discussions so this doesn't get locked and I don't want any trouble with staff.

We measured our forearms the other night at Eric's for $h!ts and giggles and my left came out to 14.5" and my right was 14.75 if I remember correctly. My arms were straight when we measured, but I can't remember if my wrist was goose necked or not ...... I didn't have a pump yet when we measured - I'm guessing I could squeeze out a little more size w/a good pump.

Rex's were at least 15" if not more , I can't exactly recall

Mob: 16" is rridiculous :bow ......... does anyone have bigger?

We measured our forearms the other night at Eric's for $h!ts and giggles and my left came out to 14.5" and my right was 14.75 if I remember correctly. My arms were straight when we measured, but I can't remember if my wrist was goose necked or not ...... I didn't have a pump yet when we measured - I'm guessing I could squeeze out a little more size w/a good pump.

Rex's were at least 15" if not more , I can't exactly recall

Mob: 16" is rridiculous :bow ......... does anyone have bigger?

Well................my leg is bigger :tongue

wrist: 8 3/4"

forearm goosenecked plus cold: 15 3/4-16"

forearm relaxed (straight arm): 15"

If pumped, forearm goes past 16"+.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8776

Thats a pretty thick forearm and wrist ya got there man! I was lookin at some of your other pics and noticed that ur thumb looks really small compared to the rest of your hand. Is this just the angle of the shot or is it actually small?

My measuresments:

wrist: 7 3/4"

forearm pumped and goosenecked: 15"

cold and relaxed: 14"

wrist: 8 3/4"

forearm goosenecked plus cold: 15 3/4-16"

forearm relaxed (straight arm): 15"

If pumped, forearm goes past 16"+.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8776

Thats a pretty thick forearm and wrist ya got there man! I was lookin at some of your other pics and noticed that ur thumb looks really small compared to the rest of your hand. Is this just the angle of the shot or is it actually small?

My measuresments:

wrist: 7 3/4"

forearm pumped and goosenecked: 15"

cold and relaxed: 14"

Thanks. I have a pretty big palm so it makes the thumb look shorter. Some of the thumb shortness is the angle of the shot. However, I do not have an overly long thumb. If the photo had been of the palm side, the thumb would have looked more normal in comparison to the rest of the hand.

I won't put my numbers down here, but I will say that my forearm flexed in a "goose neck" is nearly 3/4 inch bigger than just out straight. Getting accurate forearm measurements are a lot like getting honest bicep measurements. I have me armwrestlers that said they had 17" forearms but admitted mine were bigger. I would have a hard time looking someone in the face and trying to tell them mine were 17". lol