Forearm Size

Grippster

List the circumference of your forearms as well as your age and approximately how long you've been working out in general. You may take the measurement in either inches or cm/mm and they can be measured after they're pumped and flexed. I'll start us off.

Size: 14 inches

Length of time working out: 3 1/2 years

Gooseneck style yields a much higher result. The traditional method of measuring forearms is generally extended out and flexed. You may want to give further guidance...

When I said flexed and pumped I really imagined that anything goes. I personally found that the gooseneck style didn't yield the best results for me.

Gooseneck style, pumped:

Size: 14"

Working out: Seriously with good equipment like 1 year, but for 3 years before that I did push-ups, curls with 5-gallon paint buckets, and occasionally pull-ups (not many maybe 50 a week in the summer none in the winter).

Edited by Josh H

Hmm, interesting

Taken arms straight out, flexed, not pumped:

Measurement: 14"

Workout Time: ~1 year

Note: Wrist is 8.1 inches for proportion

That's cool we all have similar forearms so far as I can see.

Forearms straight out and flexed but not pumped: 14.5" for Left, 14.25" for Right (Left hand dominant)

Wrists are both at about 7 and 1/8"

Grip Training: Maybe 4 months? Though I have been training with weights and such for a year+ now.

arm straight wrist 90 deg angle

left hand 37cm = 14,57"

right hand 38,5cm = 15,16" ( dominant )

forearm/arm 90 deg angle wrist 90deg angle = Gooseneck???

left hand 38,5cm = 15,16"

right hand 40,5cm = 15,94" picture on my gallery

Grip training 4-5months, bodybuilding style training 7-8 years

overall weigth 120kg = 264,56lb

height 189cm = 6ft 2,4"

right hand 38,5cm = 15,16" ( dominant )

forearm/arm 90 deg angle wrist 90deg angle = Gooseneck???

right hand 40,5cm = 15,94" picture on my gallery

Yes, 3/4 of an inch seems about typical for a higher number for Gooseneck than extended.

Shouldn't bodyweight be an important variable too?

Muscular or fat?

Mine's 16 (I've had it to 16.25-inches) flexed arm extended. I weighed 278-282 in my flip flops yesterday (I've been heavier).

ill break the trend

:cool

forearms

11 3/4 inches flexed

time training

2 years serious training

2 1/2 years without any real care

5ft 9" in height

around 78kg morning weight

:)

It seems that grip strength is pretty consistent with forearm size - everyone here has big forearms. And mobster, your forearms are massive in the picture I saw but you're also almost double my weight.

I'm also tall @ 6' 3 and have been training longer than you've been on planet earth (will be 30 years in August).

I would like to see pics of these big forearms. Casey Viator, Mike mentzer and Sergio Oliva were all around 15'' measured with arm straight, and they were known for their enormous lower arms. A genuine 15'' forearm is both massive and rare.

My left forearm is bigger, so I'll go by those numbers:

Working out: ~1.5 years

Weight: ~250lb

Cold, flexed, goose neck - 14.75

PUMPED, flexed, goose neck - 15.25

Cold, straight, flexed - 14.25

PUMPED, straight, flexed - 14.5+

I would like to see pics of these big forearms. Casey Viator, Mike mentzer and Sergio Oliva were all around 15'' measured with arm straight, and they were known for their enormous lower arms. A genuine 15'' forearm is both massive and rare.

This was taken cold:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8595

Right is now 14.25, btw.

There is a large photo of me on the MM site: http://www.mashmonster.com/images/stevegardener.jpg Arms folded mind. Plus there is another of my right arm goose necked floating about (on the Chad Woodall comp promo vid here: http://www.chadwoodall.com/ )

Edited by mobsterone

I forgot to add, for the record, that they were 13" (an inch less) when I started

I suppose if you really wanted large forearms you'd have to make sure you're training every single muscle for hypertrophy... IF you wanted large forearms, IF.

True. I do very little forearm work and then only if events demand it (hence some flexor and extensor work for plate wrist curls at the moment). But I do like to think most of the other training, chest, legs, back and so on, are also sufficiently heavy enough to stimulate growth.

Oldguy shouldn't need reminding but I will anyway.

The guys mentioned: Casey Viator, Mike mentzer and Sergio Oliva

1) midgets (well short anywa) all are well under six feet.

2) Although there is the odd photo or two of them training forearms often it was done as an after thought.

3) Most here should have, all things considered, some lower arm development by virtue of the grip training.

These are photos of my right hand, not pumped.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8765

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8764

These are photos of my right hand, not pumped.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8765

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=8764

It'd be worth asking Temmu what size his forearms are, I remember a youtube video of his where he was doing some pinch work. His forearms looked BIG!

I agree, photos would be nice (like "Timo" and "Magnus").... I am 48 yrs old have been training on and off my whole life, but have been serious lifting for the last year. I am 6'2" tall and 290lbs and I only have 14 1/4" left - and 14" right Then again, I have always been a hard gainer (muscle wise) perhaps I am just under-developed :D

Regards,

Edited by Dreadnought

I suppose I'll jump in here as well.

Weight: 260#

Height: 6'

Time training grip: 3yrs next week

Forearm: 15" Right straight and goosenecked cold

14.5" Left

Bicep: 18.5" currently

wrist: 7 3/4" RH

I agree, photos would be nice (like "Timo" and "Magnus").... I am 48 yrs old have been training on and off my whole life, but have been serious lifting for the last year. I am 6'2" tall and 290lbs and I only have 14 1/4" left - and 14" right Then again, I have always been a hard gainer (muscle wise) perhaps I am just under-developed :D

Regards,

Photos of the forearms you mentioned are posted on page 1.

However, I too find it hard to believe that any 140 or 150lb guy can have 14''+ forearms. I had just under 14.5'' cold and unflexed today (not goosenecked) and 15'' pumped and i weigh 275lbs (reasonably muscular, not fat) with a 5'8'' frame. When i weighed 230, my forearms were not even hitting 13'' straight out. None of the lads that i train with here - some of which weigh between 270 and 290 - have over 15'' forearms and most of them do at least a little grip work after strongman training.