11.Joe Musselwhite 137.8 113 221.1 10 27 sec. 27.9
12.Sherrie Wheeler 100.5 54 160 6 - 17.5

Best Lifts:

Pinch: Rex Hubbard 235.3

Grippers: Rex Hubbard and Ryan Johnson 163

Axle: Ryan Johnson 412.7

Lever: Rex Hubbard 30

Plate Hold: Eric Milfeld 77 sec.

Great time! Plenty of camaraderie, competition, and... beer. I was very pleased with how quickly and smoothly it all went down, too. We started at about 10:40 and finished at, I think, like 4 or 5.

Rex is literally getting stronger with each workout. I almost caught him with my pet lift performance in the plate hold, but his overall strength prowess won out.

My pinch fell off the mark during my last several workouts, so I was stoked to get a competition PR in this event. My plate hold was also an 11 second PR over my time achieved in this event at the same contest a couple of years back. My secret is to never train the lift. :laugh

Ryan's gal told him it was time to go, so... he went. :whistel hmmm...

Matt and Keith made the trip up from my old hometown, Austin, again. They both made top 5 and picked up some of the cash prize money. Nice work, guys! (Sorry, but what's Keith's last name again, Matt?)

Greg Griffin and Paul Knight proved invaluable with bar loading and judging, respectively. Thanks, ya'll!

Sherrie really impressed me, in particular with her narrow miss with a 180 axle. Her only complaint was that she had no competition. Maybe my wife will come to her senses one of these days and take to grippers.

By the way, I think the rear lever event worked out really well. It's kind of a fun event and relatively easy to judge, for a lever event.

Great contest again Eric. I appreciate all the work you do. Oh and by the way, Keith's last name is Bormann. I am going to look through my camera as I think I may have a few pics to share.

Great job Rex on the win.

Eric, sounds like another fine contest you've pulled off! Would love to see a video clip of the rear lever.

Glad to hear the rumors that were circulating around the internet that Ryan took a pay off to quit the contest were not true.

Sounds like it was a great Contest.Nice work to all. :rock :rock

Nice work everyone :rock

Sherrie really impressed me, in particular with her narrow miss with a 180 axle. Her only complaint was that she had no competition. Maybe my wife will come to her senses one of these days and take to grippers.

Thanks, Eric! I had a great time! I did hate missing that 180 axle. :blush Everyone was very supportive and I learned quite a bit watching form/technique.

Ha, my saying that I didn't have any competition with that roster was...ahem...inaccurate at best. :laugh;) Sure, it'd be great if I had closer competition, but I was rather happy establishing comp bests for myself and closing the gap as much as possible. I'd definitely enter again, no question.

Great job Rex and Sherrie!!!!

I'd love to see a video of the rear lever event, or at least how it was performed. Those weights are insane.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Here's a couple of pics.

Top 5 and group pic.

http://musselwhitepapers.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!

Mighty Joe

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Casey Emery got a video of my 30 pound sledge lever, for those who say they want to see the event performed.

-Rex

Here's a couple of pics.

Top 5 and group pic.

http://musselwhitepapers.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!

Mighty Joe

Your pictures turned out perfect, Joe! Thanks, buddy! I didn't even think to get a picture of you with the group. Duuhhh...

one of these days i'll finish a grip comp HAHA! most people don't worry about how well they'll do against me because i tend to cut out early..

this time it was due to easter holiday dinner for my girl's family yesterday. HUGE congrats to everyone who placed well! I can't WAIT to see joe's pics! I should've waited to close the 3.5 coc during the contest instead of before hand but i came there to slam that thing and i hope paul's video of it turns out well.

Talk about a blast.. that event was just as much fun if not more than the last one!

time to train for the woodall..

It was a great grip show down. I'll come back next year and try for bigger numbers!

I'd love to see a video of the rear lever event, or at least how it was performed. Those weights are insane.

Thanks, Zach! [i had to laugh seeing my name and Rex's in the same sentence...!] :)

Big congrats, Rex! :rock

one of these days i'll finish a grip comp HAHA! most people don't worry about how well they'll do against me because i tend to cut out early..

this time it was due to easter holiday dinner for my girl's family yesterday. HUGE congrats to everyone who placed well! I can't WAIT to see joe's pics! I should've waited to close the 3.5 coc during the contest instead of before hand but i came there to slam that thing and i hope paul's video of it turns out well.

Talk about a blast.. that event was just as much fun if not more than the last one!

I watched the video a couple times and you defenitly shut it and held it shut for 3-4 seconds, that's very clear, but I didn't capture your set ....... guess it doesn't matter cause it's not a MM cert or anything :rolleyes good job Ryan! you are getting stronger by the minute :erm

Awesome contest guys Congrats :rock Hopefully I will be up to attending next year :)

Thanks, Zach! [i had to laugh seeing my name and Rex's in the same sentence...!] :)

Don't laugh! Any woman with (and excuse the expression) the testicular fortitude to compete with a bunch of very strong guys and know they'll come in last deserves some praise! Same goes with all the beginners in sports like ours. It takes courage to compete knowing(or at least feeling as though) you'll do poorly against the more experienced guys and it takes determination to stick with it after a loss. Grip has a way of weeding out the people with less grit. I hope you stick with it!!!

haha sherri went out there and kicked ass! she really put in teh time and effort in it to do well and loves grip training to the point that now it's incorporated into our personal training sessions! she's doing fantastic and hope that she'll blow away her old numbers NEXT Grip comp!

I watched the video a couple times and you defenitly shut it and held it shut for 3-4 seconds, that's very clear, but I didn't capture your set ....... guess it doesn't matter cause it's not a MM cert or anything :rolleyes good job Ryan! you are getting stronger by the minute :erm

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET! going from not being able to close a 3 to smashing a 3.5 in under 6 months without any serious training has my eyes set on a 4 before the year is out!

dude anywayyou can send the video to me or load it up? i'd love to see it!

Sounds like a plan :rock You cannot leave my comp early...too far back home :rock

Don't laugh! Any woman with (and excuse the expression) the testicular fortitude to compete with a bunch of very strong guys and know they'll come in last deserves some praise! Same goes with all the beginners in sports like ours. It takes courage to compete knowing(or at least feeling as though) you'll do poorly against the more experienced guys and it takes determination to stick with it after a loss. Grip has a way of weeding out the people with less grit. I hope you stick with it!!!

I can't say enough what a difference it makes to go into a competitive environment that puts integrity ahead of winning at all costs. In that light, doing poorly against quality competitors and coming back for more isn't that hard after all.

Congrats to everyone - some very impressive numbers. The results, even at the bottom, show how far the level of competition has come - great work by everyone! :rock :rock

Casey Emery got a video of my 30 pound sledge lever, for those who say they want to see the event performed.

-Rex

-Rex

Noice!