"napalms Nightmare" Grip Trainer "clone"

apttdwler

The T device is called the Hungarian core blaster by some.

It's been around for awhile but i haven't seen a thick handle version like yours.

The other looks like a long home made RT handle.

Either way good stuff at the right price.

How to make a “Napalm’s Nightmare” - by climber511

Materials List

• 1 piece of 1 ½” Schedule 40 steel pipe – approximately 12” long

• 1 Piece of 2” Schedule 40 steel pipe – approximately 1 ½” long – drill a small hole in this before assembly to oil it later. This spins much more freely than the PVC does and is very important.

• 2 pieces of 2” Schedule 40 PVC pipe – approximately 4 ¾” long

• 2 washers with 2” hole for the middle washers – make sure you have a loose fit between these and the 2” piece of pipe when you weld it up.

• 2 washers with 1” hole – 2 5/8” approximately OD for the ends

• 1 piece all thread rod with nuts and washers – approximately 13” long

• 1 piece of bent 3/8” rod with ends bent off to the sides for welding to 2” steel pipe. Don’t just weld to the ends only – get some surface area to make it strong.

• If you have very small or very large hands – adjust accordingly on the size

The piece of 2” steel pipe spins freely in the center of the 1 ½” pipe between the washers giving you a 1.9” version of the Nightmare (call it Jedd’s Bad Dream maybe). It's very important that this center piece spins very smoothly - the PVC doesn't spin well enough to give you what you want by itself. If you slide on the PVC pieces and put on the washers that act as end caps with the all thread to hold it all together – you end up with a 2 3/8” full blown Napalms Nightmare. If you can’t take this list and the pictures and make one yourself, take it to your local welder or fab shop – I’m sure they can do it for you easily.

Information – 1 ½” pipe has an OD of 1 7/8” – 2” pipe has an OD of 2 3/8”. This goes for steel and PVC. The 2” piece cannot be schedule 80 – it gets thicker to the inside and won’t go over the smaller pipe. I did not give precise measurements for a reason – different hand sizes may want a little different sizing. I made Jedd’s a little bigger than mine – you may vary yours as well – if you make it too long, it won’t go between your legs easily – too small and your hands won’t fit. It’s super easy to make up – it takes a little time and effort but it’s well worth it. When Jedd told me what he wanted – it didn’t seem like it would be too hard. Mostly it was just a matter of figuring it out – making it was straight forward.