Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt
Worked the grip after a couple days off.

Righty:

Warmups with HG200, 250, and IM 2.5

BBE: 1Xmiss

#3.5: 1Xmiss

#3 penny holds: 1X6sec., 1X8sec., 1X4sec.

3.5 negatives: 1X12sec., 1X10sec.

Lefty:

Warmups with HG200 & 250.

#3: 3Xmiss

2.5 penny holds: 1X10, 1X6, 1X7

#3 negatives: 1X9sec. 1X11sec.

Don't seem to be getting closer on BBE. Just gotta keep plugging. Hopefully I will be ready for MM1.

You might try warming up doing something other than grippers or any grip stuff before hitting the Elite or 3.5. Just something to get the blood flowing. I find my max drops off with use of warmup grippers. Just a thought.

Thanks John, I'll give it a try. Right now I don't seem to be making much progress on BBE. Maybe that's the ticket to move me forward.

Guest Bullitt

Filed 3mm off my 2.5. The set work I did with it, helped me correct some errors I was making. Hopefully it will help next time I run at BBE. Worked on set and speed of close.

Righty

2.5 (filed): 5X3

#3: 3 closes

Lefty:

#3: 2Xmiss

2.5 (filed): 3X2

Back workout:

Pullups: 5X5 bodyweight (249lb with shoes)

Bent over rows: 5X5 with 165lbs

Upright rows: 5X5 with 95lbs

Filed 3mm off my 2.5. The set work I did with it, helped me correct some errors I was making. Hopefully it will help next time I run at BBE. Worked on set and speed of close.

Righty

2.5 (filed): 5X3

#3: 3 closes

Lefty:

#3: 2Xmiss

2.5 (filed): 3X2

Back workout:

Pullups: 5X5 bodyweight (249lb with shoes)

Bent over rows: 5X5 with 165lbs

Upright rows: 5X5 with 95lbs

Nice work brotha. Keep wearin that BBE down it will give in soon!

Guest Bullitt

Some choker work today.

Strong hand:

3.5 choked to parallel. 5X1. All were at around 1/4". None touched.

Weak hand:

Smashing the dang 3.5 down while I was putting on hose clamp. :laugh

Then did some bench press work:

barX20

barX20

95X10

135X10

185X1

235X5

235X5

235X5

235X5

235X6

Waited 3 minutes and did SCT Bench SRT with all the weight I had:

30 seconds X 310lbs

Some choker work today.

Strong hand:

Weak hand:

barX20

barX20

95X10

135X10

185X1

235X5

235X5

235X5

235X5

235X6

30 seconds X 310lbs

Nice work ! You'll feel it tomorrow

Guest Bullitt
Some choker work today.

Strong hand:

Weak hand:

barX20

barX20

95X10

135X10

185X1

235X5

235X5

235X5

235X5

235X6

30 seconds X 310lbs

Nice work ! You'll feel it tomorrow

Yea, I was actually pushing it up against the pin above it, which is a couple inches below lockout. So I was actually probably pushing more than 310. Whole body felt the stress of that one. Figure these old bones will be sore for a few days. lol

Guest Bullitt

Last grip work before Goody and I tear stuff up this Saturday:

Righty:

BBE 2 X miss. (1st one was 1/4" or less. Definitely closest I have done)

#3: 2X1

3.5 (choked to parallel): 2 X miss with 5 second hold. (First one was almost there. The Scottish Judge - my wife - said 1/8")

Lefty:

#3: 2 X miss

2.5 (filed): 3X1

Last grip work before Goody and I tear stuff up this Saturday:

Righty:

BBE 2 X miss. (1st one was 1/4" or less. Definitely closest I have done)

#3: 2X1

3.5 (choked to parallel): 2 X miss with 5 second hold. (First one was almost there. The Scottish Judge - my wife - said 1/8")

Lefty:

#3: 2 X miss

2.5 (filed): 3X1

Hell yeah, bro! It's going to be a good time for sure!

Solid work on the grippers, Mike. You're getting stronger with every workout!!!! :rock

Guest Bullitt

Thanks Goody. I have to so you don't get too far ahead of me. :)

Did a leg workout today. Was going to do a 5X5 but my CNS is still a little fried after the SCT benches. And I felt a twinge of pain in my right knee. So I just did 10 reps on second work set and called it a day on squats. Still going light, as I'm just getting back into squats and I really don't have full faith in my lower back after last injury. And I don't have a squat rack, so no safety net. Still moving the weight up every workout so that is a positive.

Squats:

60KG kettlebell squats (held between my legs like a sumo deadlift) X 10

135lbs X 10

185lbs X 5

225lbs X 5

225lbs X 10

Pullovers on the swiss ball with 8lb medicine ball X 20

Ham/Glute raises on swiss ball: 2 X 8

Edited by Bullitt

Did a leg workout today. Was going to do a 5X5 but my CNS is still a little fried after the SCT benches. And I felt a twinge of pain in my right knee. So I just did 10 reps on second work set and called it a day on squats. Still going light, as I'm just getting back into squats and I really don't have full faith in my lower back after last injury. And I don't have a squat rack, so no safety net. Still moving the weight up every workout so that is a positive.

Squats:

135lbs X 10

185lbs X 5

225lbs X 5

225lbs X 10

HAHA!

Take it easy, bro. You have to listen to you body: if it's telling you to slow down a bit...slow down for a bit.

Squats:

135lbs X 10

185lbs X 5

225lbs X 5

225lbs X 10

HAHA!

Take it easy, bro. You have to listen to you body: if it's telling you to slow down a bit...slow down for a bit.

You better take it easy Mike or all you'll be doing on Saturday is watching the "Goody" show and running the camera :D

Squats:

135lbs X 10

185lbs X 5

225lbs X 5

225lbs X 10

HAHA!

You better take it easy Mike or all you'll be doing on Saturday is watching the "Goody" show and running the camera :D

HAHA!

Mike - is that KB 60lbs or 60kg?

Guest Bullitt

Squats:

135lbs X 10

185lbs X 5

225lbs X 5

225lbs X 10

HAHA!

HAHA!

Mike - is that KB 60lbs or 60kg?

lol 60Lbs. oops. :blush

Knee feels fine today. How's the shoulder Goody?

HAHA!

I was thinking to myself, "SHIT! I hope he doesn't expect me to flip this thing on Saturday." HAHAHA!

Who am I kidding? I'd still try to flip it! HAHA!

Guest Bullitt
HAHA!

I was thinking to myself, "SHIT! I hope he doesn't expect me to flip this thing on Saturday." HAHAHA!

Who am I kidding? I'd still try to flip it! HAHA!

I've never flipped it, but after some coaching I'll give anything a try as long as it's fun and potentially dangerous. ;)

Guest Bullitt

Goody and i had a great day gripping, bending, pinching, and tearing. I just want to say that he is one strong dude and he went out of his way to help me learn how to do a lot of cool stuff. He especially helped me with my set, which I was doing all wrong. After almost 3 hours gripping, pinching, etc. I was actually stronger on the grippers than when I got there. Thanks Goody!

Goody closed all my grippers, including the Elite and my 3.5. He also CCS closed my #3 and closed my #3 lefty.

The highlight for me was the blobs. After a little coaching from Goody I was able to get the 42lb blob with both hands and actually lifted it by the face with my off hand. John Eaton was nice enough to lend me one of his blobs, so i will keep working on these. Goody lent me a tough pony clamp and his HG300 & 350 to train with as well. Thanks Guys!

Two things I learned today:

- I need to get better setting the gripper so I am ready for MM1

- My wrist strength isn't where it needs to be

Goody will do a right up on his blog, but here are the highlights:

Grippers:

Goody closing my Elite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAYkQhwXpjU

Goody closing and overcrushing my 3.5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bqfij053j8...re=channel_page

Goody closing #3 with both hands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cylr0ep-Qs4...feature=channel

Goody #3 CCS close:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbQnLGTZt0Q...feature=channel

Goody double 42lb blob lift:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8il_-F0uAoc...feature=channel

Goody 42lb blob by face:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1qx--Gx714...feature=channel

He also ripped a deck of cards in half, bent a couple nails, flipped my 60lb kettlebell and we topped it off by both of us ripping a phonebook.

Me lifting my first 42lb blob:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zct8LfF9d4...feature=channel

Me lifting 42lb blob by face with off hand:

One of the funnest days I have had in a while. Thanks to Goody for hosting, John for lending us grippers and blobs, and the park grounds crew for providing background noise by mowing all around us. :D

Guest Bullitt

Tried for a new max on the bench today, but no luck. Did have a really good day on the grippers. Was just going to practice my setting on the HG's that Goody lent me yesterday. I didn't think I would close either the 300 or 350 because my hands were pretty beat from all the gripping we did yesterday. Sets felt good so I went for them. I posted the vids on the Goody/Bullit Gripomania thread. Repped the HG300 3X and overcrushed the 350 and got a second rep. Pretty happy with the way my setting is coming along. Hopefully this will get me ready for the MM1.

Guest Bullitt

Just some very light extensor work today. My hands and forearms are fried from the weekend's festivities with Goody. It was a blast though. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I probably won't touch a gripper until at least Wednesday. Maybe some wrist stuff tomorrow, but I will have to see how it feels. It hurts to type this. :D Every muscle and tendon in my right forearm feels about ready to snap. :blink My forefinger knuckle on my off hand got the worst of it though. Pretty swollen today. Setting big grippers is hard work. :blush

Just some very light extensor work today. My hands and forearms are fried from the weekend's festivities with Goody. It was a blast though. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I probably won't touch a gripper until at least Wednesday. Maybe some wrist stuff tomorrow, but I will have to see how it feels. It hurts to type this. :D Every muscle and tendon in my right forearm feels about ready to snap. :blink My forefinger knuckle on my off hand got the worst of it though. Pretty swollen today. Setting big grippers is hard work. :blush

HAHA! Are your thumb pads sore from all the blob work?

I'm pretty sore myself. I think I'll be back at the gripper tomorrow.

Guest Bullitt

Yea. EVERYTHING is sore today. :laugh

I just need to take a couple days off to recover. No serious damage. But my right forearm feels like if I hit a trainer right now, chit would snap and pop all over the place. The nail bending and card tearing attempts did a number on me. Along with the dozens of gripper closes, blob lifts, sledgehammer levering, phonebook tearing... :laugh I'm just really happy right now that I didn't try to flip that kettlebell like you did.

Yea. EVERYTHING is sore today. :laugh

I just need to take a couple days off to recover. No serious damage. But my right forearm feels like if I hit a trainer right now, chit would snap and pop all over the place. The nail bending and card tearing attempts did a number on me. Along with the dozens of gripper closes, blob lifts, sledgehammer levering, phonebook tearing... :laugh I'm just really happy right now that I didn't try to flip that kettlebell like you did.

Try some contrast baths, Mike. They really help speed up the recovery.

You should also do some roller work for your forearms. If you have a rolling pin lying around the kitchen; put it on the countertop and roll your forearms on it. It will be a bit painful initially, as you’re very sore right now; but, it will help the muscle tissue expel all the lactic acid trapped in there. You can also do this will a lacrosse ball or a foam roller from the gym.

My last tip is to sleep with mittens or socks on your hands. After I get ready for bed the last thing I'll do is massage a good amount of Tiger Balm into both of my hands and sleep with socks over them. You'll be amazed at how well this works to speed recovery. Just pray one of the socks doesn't fall off while you’re asleep. It'll be a bad day if you wake up with your Tiger Balm covered hand on your junk...or an even worse day if you wake up with it on your wife's. Don't say I didn't warn you. :blink

Guest Bullitt

Grippers were calling, but I was able to resist. ;)

I still had the itch, however, so I thought I would work some with the 42.4lb blob John lent me. Only doing pinch with left hand because my right hand/forearm is fried and I need to stick to the plan leading up to MM1. No pinch righty.

Anyway, lefty workout with blob. Basically just messed around and tried different stuff. My left arm and hand are pretty fried too, but it went OK.

Regular lifts: 2X

Thumb and 3 fingers: 2 of them got about 12" off ground but couldn't get full lift.

Thumb and 2 fingers: broke ground by less than an inch before dropping very loudly on patio. Pretty sure the old lady that lives below us was thrilled with that. The pillow doesn't deaden the sound much on the wood deck. :blush

By this time I was fried, but I got one good lift by the face.

Called it a night after that. These things might become as addicting as the grippers...

You guys that are experienced with the blobs will know this a whole lot better than me (only 2nd time I ever touched them), but the pinch work seems to work my forearms a whole lot more than my grippers do. I feel the grippers more in my hand. Normal?

Edited by Bullitt

I'm not experienced at all with blobs but the first time i tried pinch lifting with my homemade pinch block, for days afterwards the area between my thumb and index finger was extremely sore on both hands (muscular) and along the outside of my elbows/top of my forearms. Gripper work on the other hand does not hurt my forearms and the only thing it does to hurt my hands is the knurling taking skin off my palm. No actual muscular pain in my hands from grippers :D

I still had the itch, however, so I thought I would work some with the 42.4lb blob John lent me. Only doing pinch with left hand because my right hand/forearm is fried and I need to stick to the plan leading up to MM1. No pinch righty.

Anyway, lefty workout with blob. Basically just messed around and tried different stuff. My left arm and hand are pretty fried too, but it went OK.

Thumb and 3 fingers: 2 of them got about 12" off ground but couldn't get full lift.

Thumb and 2 fingers: broke ground by less than an inch before dropping very loudly on patio. Pretty sure the old lady that lives below us was thrilled with that. The pillow doesn't deaden the sound much on the wood deck. :blush

Called it a night after that. These things might become as addicting as the grippers...

You guys that are experienced with the blobs will know this a whole lot better than me (only 2nd time I ever touched them), but the pinch work seems to work my forearms a whole lot more than my grippers do. I feel the grippers more in my hand. Normal?

I normally feel the pinch work very accutely in the thumb pad. The blobs also hit your wrists pretty had when you start cruling them, etc. The grippers really fry my hand as a whole.

Guest Bullitt

I normally feel the pinch work very accutely in the thumb pad. The blobs also hit your wrists pretty had when you start cruling them, etc. The grippers really fry my hand as a whole.

You know where this old man feels it today? My aching back. :cry