Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Wasn't happy with the earlier workout so i thought I would try a penny hold this afternoon. New PR. 16 seconds on my #3. That's more like it. :D

By the way, Russian judge said no dice on 3rd rep with #3 above. 1st rep: click, 2nd rep: closed, 3rd rep:1mm away. 4th rep: 2-3mm. :laugh

Edited by Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Worked bench today. Trying to establish my true one rep max so Goody, Hammy, and I could have a race.

2X7 with 135lbs

1X2 with 205lbs

275X1 (PR)

2X8 with 205lbs

1X10 with 205lbs

Did some lateral raises to hit the shoulders as they haven't gotten much work since i hurt my back.

3X8 with 20lb kettlebells.

Anybody ever heard of hurting your bicep on the bench press? My left bicep is very sore after the workout. I've heard of people tearing pecs and shoulders, but not bicep. Don't think I did anything serious. Just hurts.

Edited by Bullitt

Worked bench today. Trying to establish my true one rep max so Goody, Hammy, and I could have a race.

2X7 with 135lbs

1X2 with 205lbs

275X1 (PR)

2X8 with 205lbs

1X10 with 205lbs

Did some lateral raises to hit the shoulders as they haven't gotten much work since i hurt my back.

3X8 with 20lb kettlebells.

Anybody ever heard of hurting your bicep on the bench press? My left bicep is very sore after the workout. I've heard of people tearing pecs and shoulders, but not bicep. Don't think I did anything serious. Just hurts.

Nice work pal! Gaining all the time!

Guest Bullitt

Thought I would switch things up. Only worked Strong hand today and decided i would try some CCS closes, which I have never practiced before.

Warmed up and then did 5 singles with #3. First 4 were very close but didn't quite touch. 5th was pittiful, so I stopped there. Was still a little fried from the penny hold and BBE attempts yesterday. I got some video. If any of it is worth a poop, i will post it.

Very nice attempts :D You'll get this done quick!

Guest Bullitt

Overall body workout. Worked legs for first time since I hurt my back doing deads. Took it pretty easy.

Zercher box squats:

BarX10

135X8

135X10

Exercise ball ham glute raises

1X8

Incline press

BarX20

75X15

135X10

175X8

Inverted rows:

Bodyweight - 2X10

One arm rows

60lb kettlebell X8 each arm

Hammer curls

25lb plate in each hand - 2X8

Reverse curls

20lb kettlebell 1X8

8lb sledge work

wrist rotations 1X8 each hand

lever to nose: 2X1 each hand

finger walk up and down once each hand

Guest Bullitt

Splitting up my training. Did left hand last night, right (strong) hand this morning.

Lefty:

Warmups on HG200 & 250.

- 3 partials with #3 (all within 1/4")

- 5 singles with 2.5 (Trying to work on speed of close)

- 2 negatives with #3

This morning - Righty:

Warmups.

- 2 attempts at BBE. About 1/4"

- 5 singles with #3. I oiled the 3 before the workout and strangely enough that caused it to bind at the end of the close. Made the last 1/4" more difficult, which I acctually liked as I'm trying to get ready for MM1 :)

- 2 negatives with the BBE

- 3 inverted reps with the HG250.

Guest Bullitt

Lefty:

Warmup then:

10X1 singles with 2.5. Waited 30 - 45 seconds between closes. Tried to do these as fast as possible. Really working on speed of close as much as I can.

2X1 negatives with #3.

Guest Bullitt

Started a new round of squats and milk. Back seems to be better, but I am starting light to be as safe as possible.

Squats:

BarX10

95X10

135X10

165X20

Pullovers on exercise ball.

1X20 with 8 lb medicine ball

Glute ham raises on exercise ball:

1X10

Bench:

BarX20

95X10

135X10

230X5

230X5

230X5

230X5

230X5

Did a CCS attempt on my #3 after each set of bench presses. It is still creaking an binding up the last 1/2" since I oiled it ( I now have it soaking in 3-1 oil :) ). All the attempts were very close. Wife said 3rd looked like it touched. I think it was still 1mm away. Either way, they were the closest attempts i have ever had.

I have my wife judge my gripper attempts. She is ruthless! Even though she is from Okinawa, I have nicknamed her the " Russian" judge because she is unyielding in her sarcasm.

Guest Bullitt
I have my wife judge my gripper attempts. She is ruthless! Even though she is from Okinawa, I have nicknamed her the " Russian" judge because she is unyielding in her sarcasm.

:laugh

Yea, she is always brutally honest with me too. Maybe they closed, but she didn't have a great angle. I'll have to video tape the next time. The camera doesn't lie. Darn it! ;)

Guest Bullitt

Did some more CCS attempts. 4 total. 1 & 2 closed.

Here is my first ever CCS close of a #3. Not the best video, I'll try to get a better video next time. They are coming open slightly as I jam them toward the camera at the end (got a little over excited :blush ), but you can tell they were closed for a good couple of seconds. It's still binding a bit at the end. I keep oiling it and chest closing it to work the oil in, but it doesn't seem to be taking yet. Not totally bad though, because it is probably helping me prepare for the MM1. :D

You made short work of that :cool

Guest Bullitt
You made short work of that :cool

Thanks John. Now I just hope I can close the MM1. Goody and i are going to dual cert now. Piece of cake for him. I just hope I don't embarass myself. :blush

Trust me, the MM1 will be easy for both of you ;)

Guest Bullitt

Thanks for the vote of confidence John. :)

Today's workout:

Squats (still not pushing the weight because of my back. Just going up in 10lb increments):

175X20

Pullovers with medicine ball

1X20

Back super set:

pullups X 10

inverted rows X10

face pulls X10

Guest Bullitt

Oh, after squats, i gave my goal grippers a run.

Righty:

BBE to about 1/4"

Lefty:

#3 to 1/8th"

That is the end of this cycle. Going to take a few days off. Hit them again fresh this weekend.

Thanks for the vote of confidence John. :)

Today's workout:

Squats (still not pushing the weight because of my back. Just going up in 10lb increments):

175X20

Pullovers with medicine ball

1X20

Back super set:

pullups X 10

inverted rows X10

face pulls X10

The upper back work will help your run at 300 on the bench. Great work! Keep it up, bro!

Guest Bullitt

Tried to see if i could push 280 today. Came off my chest great but I couldn't lock it out.

barX15

barX15

95X10

135X10

185X1

225X1

280Xmiss

Good news is the extra warmups seem to be helping. No bicep tendon pain, which I ALWAYS got when trying a max BP.

Since the biceps felt good, I thought I would fry them and my forearms.

Did several sets of heavy barbell curls, barbell reverse curls, and hammer curls.

Guest Bullitt

Squats today. Switched it up and did 5X5 today. Still keeping it light until I'm sure of my lower back.

70X10

70X10

95X10

135X10

185X10

205X5

205X5

205X5

205X5

205X5

Guest Bullitt

Worked the grip after a couple days off.

Righty:

Warmups with HG200, 250, and IM 2.5

BBE: 1Xmiss

#3.5: 1Xmiss

#3 penny holds: 1X6sec., 1X8sec., 1X4sec.

3.5 negatives: 1X12sec., 1X10sec.

Lefty:

Warmups with HG200 & 250.

#3: 3Xmiss

2.5 penny holds: 1X10, 1X6, 1X7

#3 negatives: 1X9sec. 1X11sec.

Don't seem to be getting closer on BBE. Just gotta keep plugging. Hopefully I will be ready for MM1.

Worked the grip after a couple days off.

Righty:

Warmups with HG200, 250, and IM 2.5

BBE: 1Xmiss

#3.5: 1Xmiss

#3 penny holds: 1X6sec., 1X8sec., 1X4sec.

3.5 negatives: 1X12sec., 1X10sec.

Lefty:

Warmups with HG200 & 250.

#3: 3Xmiss

2.5 penny holds: 1X10, 1X6, 1X7

#3 negatives: 1X9sec. 1X11sec.

Don't seem to be getting closer on BBE. Just gotta keep plugging. Hopefully I will be ready for MM1.

You might try warming up doing something other than grippers or any grip stuff before hitting the Elite or 3.5. Just something to get the blood flowing. I find my max drops off with use of warmup grippers. Just a thought.