Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt
3.5 just got in the mail yesterday. Probably won't have it until Wednesday or Thursday. :(

Eh, you don't need it. I gotta catch up with you. ;)

Michael

At the rate you are progressing I need to keep going hard or you will pass me before the end of summer. :)

3.5 just got in the mail yesterday. Probably won't have it until Wednesday or Thursday. :(

Eh, you don't need it. I gotta catch up with you. ;)

Michael

At the rate you are progressing I need to keep going hard or you will pass me before the end of summer. :)

Doubt that, but we'll find out about how close I will be tonight or tomorrow. I might try a squeeze or two on my #2.5.. :)

Michael

Guest Bullitt

3.5 arrived. Let me just say that it is a BEAST. Gave it 3 good attempts. Best I could do was past parallel, but have a good 1/2" to go. Just to make sure I wasn't having a bad day, I did a couple 2 rep sets on the #3. It was the gripper. :laugh That thing is no joke. It will be a good goal gripper. Awesome for negatives. I am still on muscle relaxers for my back, but the #3 felt the same, so I have a very large challenge ahead of me. In fact, the #3 felt kinda easy after the 3.5. lol

After the attempts at the 3.5, I did the following: (no chalk. chalk should be in early next week)

Righty:

2X2 with COC #3 (2nd rep of 2nd set did not quite touch) (no resetting)

2X5 with COC #2.5 (no resetting)

Lefty:

Warmups and then...

3 partials with #3 (1st one almost touched. By the 3rd I was over 1/4" off)

2X3 with 2.5 (Paused long enough between reps to reset only)

1X9 with HG250 (reset after 5 & 9)

All in all, a good day. Would have been nice to close the 3.5, but I was really looking for a good goal gripper. It is that. :D

Guest Bullitt

Been a week since i hurt my lower back on the deads. Just did some bench and pullups to ease back in.

Bench:

Pyramid up for warmups.

Working sets:

255X4 (PR)

205X12

Pullups:

Bodyweight (244)X10 (PR)

Bodyweight X 7

Week off seemed to do me some good.

3.5 arrived. Let me just say that it is a BEAST. Gave it 3 good attempts. Best I could do was past parallel, but have a good 1/2" to go. Just to make sure I wasn't having a bad day, I did a couple 2 rep sets on the #3. It was the gripper. :laugh That thing is no joke. It will be a good goal gripper. Awesome for negatives. I am still on muscle relaxers for my back, but the #3 felt the same, so I have a very large challenge ahead of me. In fact, the #3 felt kinda easy after the 3.5. lol

After the attempts at the 3.5, I did the following: (no chalk. chalk should be in early next week)

Righty:

Lefty:

Warmups and then...

All in all, a good day. Would have been nice to close the 3.5, but I was really looking for a good goal gripper. It is that. :D

You'll have to get together with Goody soon and try my #3.5 he is borrowing and have him give your 3.5 a shot to see how nasty it is.

Guest Bullitt

Righty:

Lefty:

Warmups and then...

You'll have to get together with Goody soon and try my #3.5 he is borrowing and have him give your 3.5 a shot to see how nasty it is.

That's the plan. I'm hopin mine is REALLY nasty. :laugh That would make me feel better anyway. I noticed the handle to spring gap was smaller on the new 3.5 than on my #3. Don't know how much difference that makes. I will get there. Any suggestions on a good in between gripper? I was looking at the RB260.

I was just glad to find someone close by into gripping. We are trying to set up a weekend in early June. He's been a big help. Talked me into buying some chalk as i have never used it. It will be here next week and hopefully that will make a difference.

Righty:

Lefty:

Warmups and then...

That's the plan. I'm hopin mine is REALLY nasty. :laugh That would make me feel better anyway. I noticed the handle to spring gap was smaller on the new 3.5 than on my #3. Don't know how much difference that makes. I will get there. Any suggestions on a good in between gripper? I was looking at the RB260.

I was just glad to find someone close by into gripping. We are trying to set up a weekend in early June. He's been a big help. Talked me into buying some chalk as i have never used it. It will be here next week and hopefully that will make a difference.

Goody has really stepped up his game this year. He has learned by getting together with guys that are good at grip and paying attention to what they show him and by getting access to equipt. He has a couple of my lighter blobs that he worked with and it got him to lift the 50 lber.

My 3.5 isn't easy, but it's not super hard either. He should be able to tell how nasty your 3.5 and your #3 are. I would go with an Elite to bridge the gap.

HELL YEAH, BUDDY! You're more than welcome to train with me on Eaton's equipment! HAHA! I'm only this strong because of good friends on this board. I will very readily pay it forward.

Guest Bullitt

My hand was fried from yesterday's gripping, but I had to try the 3.5 again. No dice. I need to rest up.

Did a couple #3 penny holds afterwards. Only about 5 seconds each. Pretty lame attempts. Going to rest up until at least Sunday. maybe Monday. This is way too addictive.

I didn't even try with left hand. Forearm was hurting.

Guest Bullitt

OK, I lied :blush

My chalk came today and everybody told me how much it helped, so I had to try. Right? ;)

It really does help a ton. No slipping at all, which was always a problem.

Just warmed up and made some attempts at my goal gripper for each hand.

Lefty:

Got much closer on the #3 than I have been. I'll have to look at the video to be sure, but I think it was down to about 1/4 inch. I'll post it tonight if i get it uploaded. The warmup close with the 2.5 was the best ever. No slipping. Slammed it shut and clicked the handles.

3X1 partials with #3

Righty:

The set and sweep on the 3.5 was much easier with chalk. No slipping. The gripper (and this is wierd since I only got it yesterday) squeaked really bad and seemed to stick at around 1/2", or maybe a little less. I have applied a good coat of WD-40 and will let that soak over the weekend and give it a good go Monday after I have rested up.

3X1 partials with #3.5

I'm going to leave all grippers at the office so I am not tempted to pick them up over the weekend. :D

Hopefully my new BBE gets in next week.

And Finally:

How Bout Dem Red Wings!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Edited by Bullitt

OK, I lied :blush

My chalk came today and everybody told me how much it helped, so I had to try. Right? ;)

It really does help a ton. No slipping at all, which was always a problem.

Just warmed up and made some attempts at my goal gripper for each hand.

Lefty:

Got much closer on the #3 than I have been. I'll have to look at the video to be sure, but I think it was down to about 1/4 inch. I'll post it tonight if i get it uploaded. The warmup close with the 2.5 was the best ever. No slipping. Slammed it shut and clicked the handles.

3X1 partials with #3

Righty:

The set and sweep on the 3.5 was much easier with chalk. No slipping. The gripper (and this is wierd since I only got it yesterday) squeaked really bad and seemed to stick at around 1/2", or maybe a little less. I have applied a good coat of WD-40 and will let that soak over the weekend and give it a good go Monday after I have rested up.

3X1 partials with #3.5

I'm going to leave all grippers at the office so I am not tempted to pick them up over the weekend. :D

Hopefully my new BBE gets in next week.

And Finally:

How Bout Dem Red Wings!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Doing serious work!

Here's a video of my off hand progress with #3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYLCQun7DUQ

Goal is to get the close before end of summer.

It looks like when you get comfortable setting the gripper left-handed, it won't be long before closing it.

Guest Bullitt

It looks like when you get comfortable setting the gripper left-handed, it won't be long before closing it.

Thanks John. I hope so. The whole setting thing is pretty new to me. I'm getting more comfortable, but I have a ways to go. Especially on the left hand, as you can tell from the video. lol

My BBE got here this morning. I'm going to try to wait until Monday to give it a go. My hands are beat up.

Edited by Bullitt

Thanks John. I hope so. The whole setting thing is pretty new to me. I'm getting more comfortable, but I have a ways to go. Especially on the left hand, as you can tell from the video. lol

My BBE got here this morning. I'm going to try to wait until Monday to give it a go. My hands are beat up.

Seek and Destroy :D

Guest Bullitt

A good day on the bench:

Bench:

Working sets:

225X9 (PR)

225X7

Pullups:

Bodyweight X 10

Inverted Rows:

2X10 with Bodyweight (last set was superset with face pulls X10)

A good day on the bench:

Bench:

Working sets:

225X9 (PR)

225X7

Pullups:

Bodyweight X 10

Inverted Rows:

2X10 with Bodyweight (last set was superset with face pulls X10)

Gonna bust your 1RM max PR on monday!

Guest Bullitt

My hand was beat up and way tired. I wasn't even going to touch a gripper until at least Monday, but when the BBE got here today I had to give it a run. I think with a couple days rest I can get close to touching the handles. I will give it another go on Tuesday. As beat up as my hand was feeling, I'm actually really happy with both of these attempts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM80mDMDdqE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kP_Pzgcbpw...feature=channel

My hand was beat up and way tired. I wasn't even going to touch a gripper until at least Monday, but when the BBE got here today I had to give it a run. I think with a couple days rest I can get close to touching the handles. I will give it another go on Tuesday. As beat up as my hand was feeling, I'm actually really happy with both of these attempts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM80mDMDdqE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kP_Pzgcbpw...feature=channel

Good attempts. You'll crush that thing in no time when you're fresh!

Guest Bullitt

Day off didn't help too much. Made 3 runs at BBE and another 2 at the 3.5. No closer than Saturday. Also ripped the skin on my pinky. Time to take 2- 3 days off with no gripping at all. Dissapointing. Traveling on business next couple of days so it will at least force me to lay off them for a while.

After those attempts I got 2 reps and a close partial on my #3.

Lefty:

3 close attempts at #3. Once I get the lefty setting down, I think it will close.

Then did 2X3 with 2.5.

Time for a break boys.

The 3.5 was much smoother after oiling. Very similar to BBE now. Maybe a couple lbs heavier.

Yes, rest a LOT with grippers. I'm considering only doing gripper work two times a week and then going for the #3 once a week. After the rest to do the #2.5, I'm convinced the more rest, the better. :)

Michael

Day off didn't help too much. Made 3 runs at BBE and another 2 at the 3.5. No closer than Saturday. Also ripped the skin on my pinky. Time to take 2- 3 days off with no gripping at all. Dissapointing. Traveling on business next couple of days so it will at least force me to lay off them for a while.

Lefty:

3 close attempts at #3. Once I get the lefty setting down, I think it will close.

Then did 2X3 with 2.5.

Time for a break boys.

The 3.5 was much smoother after oiling. Very similar to BBE now. Maybe a couple lbs heavier.

Mike,

You need to get a tube of super glue and keep it in your gym bag. I have super glue stashed all over the place: with my grippers, in my gym bag, at the office. When I get a skin tear, I clean it out and just glue it shut. It works great, man.

I'm going to help you with your set when we get together. Don't worry - you'll be smashing those bigger grippers in no time.

Guest Bullitt

Lefty:

Then did 2X3 with 2.5.

Time for a break boys.

Mike,

You need to get a tube of super glue and keep it in your gym bag. I have super glue stashed all over the place: with my grippers, in my gym bag, at the office. When I get a skin tear, I clean it out and just glue it shut. It works great, man.

I'm going to help you with your set when we get together. Don't worry - you'll be smashing those bigger grippers in no time.

Thanks bro. I need all the help I can get. :blush This is a little different than the skin tears I have gotten in the past. Instead of just pulling the skin open, it actually ripped off a callous I had. Looks like a popped blister. Should be ok with a few days rest. I will definitely get some glue though.

Lefty:

Then did 2X3 with 2.5.

Time for a break boys.

Mike,

Thanks bro. I need all the help I can get. :blush This is a little different than the skin tears I have gotten in the past. Instead of just pulling the skin open, it actually ripped off a callous I had. Looks like a popped blister. Should be ok with a few days rest. I will definitely get some glue though.

GLUE IT BACK ON! Seriously. That skin under there is now raw and very, very tender. If you can't glue it back on definitely rest up and let it heal.

Guest Bullitt

Put some tape over the tear on my pinkie and did some grip work today.

Righty:

Warmups then:

BBE 2X1 partials

3.5 1X1 partial

#3 1X4 (last rep didn't touch and I'll need to speak to the Russian judge concerning 3rd rep :D )

2.5 2X3

2.5 inverted closes 1X3

Lefty:

Warmups then:

#3 3X1 partials

2.5 3X3

HG250 inverted closes 1X3

Did not feel any stronger after taking a couple days off. If anything, my BBE and 3.5 attempts were further away. :(

Will keep on plugging, but going to take another day or two off to let this pinkie get better.