Guest Bullitt

Bullitt's Journal

Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Ah, now it makes sense. So hell yeah, nice lifts!

Haha thanks!

Was gonna try and throw a 405 squat in, but I was too pooped to pot.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

Mike Rinderle

Had one goal entering the shed this morning: 400lb SSB Box Squat in wraps.  Felt strong enough that I never had to add the wraps.  Good day.

Ssb box squats

Bar x 10, 155 x 5, 205 x 3, 245 x 2, 305 x 1, 335 x 1, 370 x 1, 405 x 1 (PR)

• Like 2

EricMilfeld

Now we’re talkin’! 

Great progress, especially with the weight loss. 

• Thanks 1

Mike Rinderle
10 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

Now we’re talkin’! 

Great progress, especially with the weight loss. 

Thanks buddy!

• Like 1

Mike Rinderle

Short n sweet today.  Mrs. Rindo had loads of yardwork planned for me.

BP: worked up to 225 x 12

Then band: rows, pull downs, upright rows, press downs, & curls.

• Like 2

Mike Rinderle

Been doing this walk in the woods every day with the family all week.  Also spending a lot of time running along with the 4yo while he learns to ride his new big boy bike.

Screenshot_20200416-182642_MapMyRun.jpg

Screenshot_20200416-182708_MapMyRun.jpg

• Like 2

EricMilfeld

Making good memories. 

• Like 1

Mike Rinderle
17 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Making good memories. 

20200416_173946.jpg

• Like 3

EricMilfeld

Nice young man you got there, Mike.  And beautiful country!

• Thanks 1

Mike Rinderle
20 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

Nice young man you got there, Mike.  And beautiful country!

I'm a lucky guy Eric.

• Like 1

Mike Rinderle

Did the My Corona Virtual Pl Meet in the shed today.  Was planning on 400/300/500 for 1200 lbs.  Knew I had at least 550 in me for the DL, so was pretty confident I wouldn't have any trouble getting my total.

SSB Squat: 385.  Knee felt a little weird, so didn't try any more than that.

Bench Press: Nice controlled 300 with a little comp timing pause.  Was very happy with that so didn't try any more.

DL:  Only needed 515, which felt really light.  Thought seriously about slapping on another 50 lbs for a 1250 total, but that would have been a big pull given that I had squatted earlier.  Plus Mrs. Rindo had lunch ready.  So I was happy to walk away with my planned 1200.

• Like 2

EricMilfeld

Hell of a performance, Mike!

• Thanks 1

Mike Rinderle
4 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Hell of a performance, Mike!

I'm no Eric Milfeld, but I was pretty darn happy I could still get 1200.  Lol

Thanks buddy!

• Haha 1

EricMilfeld
3 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I'm no Eric Milfeld, but I was pretty darn happy I could still get 1200.  Lol

Thanks buddy!

My wife  would get institutionalized if there was another one of me, so...

And you didn't waste any time working your way back up to big numbers.  Well done!

Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)

Stroll down memory lane today.  Went through some of the stuff my grandma had saved over the years  I'm pretty sure @Hubgeezer and @climber511 probably had some doubts on whether I really high jumped 6'4" as a Senior. I didn't find anything on that, but I did come across a newspaper clipping that mentions me getting 6'2" as a junior.  Then just some other stuff to validate that I was once thin and athletic.  Haha. Couldn't find my all-state stuff, but did find a shirt the Cincinnati Post gave me for all-city.  Looking back, it appears I peaked in High School physically.   Bwahahaha

One thing is for sure, I'll never fit in them skimpy cross country shorts again. 😥

BTW, the guy that edged me out for first in the League Championship High Jump was Vinnie Clark who starred at Ohio State and played in the NFL.  Bastard couldn't give me my one moment.  Lol

20200421_145253.jpg

20200421_145903.jpg

20200421_145339.jpg

20200421_145613.jpg

20200421_150148.jpg

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 4

climber511

Mike - cool old find!  I never doubted you for a moment.  One of the fallacies of lifting weights is that it always makes us "better athletes" - which is true and not true at the same time.  Depending on sport - gaining weight, even muscular weight can hurt as much as help.  Many sports are simply strength to weight ratio sports.  Track and field comes to mind here - if you get bigger you need to get stronger by more than the size change to improve.   I was stronger at a much lighter BW back in the day - as many of us were.  Maybe not in pure weight lifting numbers but in the ways that mattered for those sports.  Most of us would be better off if we could return to the BW we had back then.  LOL 

• Like 1

Mike Rinderle
2 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Mike - cool old find!  I never doubted you for a moment.  One of the fallacies of lifting weights is that it always makes us "better athletes" - which is true and not true at the same time.  Depending on sport - gaining weight, even muscular weight can hurt as much as help.  Many sports are simply strength to weight ratio sports.  Track and field comes to mind here - if you get bigger you need to get stronger by more than the size change to improve.   I was stronger at a much lighter BW back in the day - as many of us were.  Maybe not in pure weight lifting numbers but in the ways that mattered for those sports.  Most of us would be better off if we could return to the BW we had back then.  LOL 

170 lean mean pounds.  Lol

climber511
8 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

170 lean mean pounds.  Lol

At my best pole vault and running size I was about the same (at 6' 2")   Best climbing size was 175 to 178# I'd guess but I would have been better at 155 or 160#.

• Like 1

Hubgeezer

I looked up in one of Dale Harder’s books, my best Mile time my senior year versus your best High Jump.You beat me by 13 seconds...That would have made you a very good T & F man.

For the record, Bernie Sanders’ best mile his senior year was 3 seconds faster than mine. That’s the best thing I can say about Bernie... And, according to Harder’s tables, my Mile converted to a 6’0” High Jump.

• Like 2

Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

I looked up in one of Dale Harder’s books, my best Mile time my senior year versus your best High Jump.You beat me by 13 seconds...That would have made you a very good T & F man.

For the record, Bernie Sanders’ best mile his senior year was 3 seconds faster than mine. That’s the best thing I can say about Bernie... And, according to Harder’s tables, my Mile converted to a 6’0” High Jump.

I'm out of likes, but you get one when I get some more.  That's awesome Mike.  I was average at best in anything over a 400.  My best 400 was 53 something.   Don't remember what I ran, but had a solid 200 time.  My 100 was pitiful.  Took too long to get those long limbs going at 6'4".  I always wished it was a 120 'cause I was always closing at the end.  Haha

Edited by Mike Rinderle

Mike Rinderle
23 minutes ago, climber511 said:

At my best pole vault and running size I was about the same (at 6' 2")   Best climbing size was 175 to 178# I'd guess but I would have been better at 155 or 160#.

Yea, at 6'4" I ranged from 165 - 175 through high school.  I'd take 205 today.  Lol.

If you read the paragraph after the high jump mention you will also discover I was a huge physics nerd too.  🤓🤓🤓

EricMilfeld

Yes, very cool find, Mike!  And most impressive track stats!  My running peaked in 7th grade, and then I started lifting. I was always better at distance running: 40 minute 10 second 10k at age 13.  Never had the fast twitch fibers for sprinting or jumping.

• Like 3

Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Yes, very cool find, Mike!  And most impressive track stats!  My running peaked in 7th grade, and then I started lifting. I was always better at distance running: 40 minute 10 second 10k at age 13.  Never had the fast twitch fibers for sprinting or jumping.

That's a really quick 10k at 13.  I usually ran 17 -19 minute 5ks but never had the gas for a 10k.  I think my best ever 5k was under 17 minutes, but it would have taken me another 30 minutes to run a second one.  Haha

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

Mike Rinderle

Another interesting factoid in the track article.  It mentions that our coach (also the HS physics teacher) was a semifinalist for the Teacher Space Shuttle Program.  He was the last cut before Christa McAuliffe for the Challenger flight.   @climber511 @Hubgeezer

• Like 1

climber511
2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Another interesting factoid in the track article.  It mentions that our coach (also the HS physics teacher) was a semifinalist for the Teacher Space Shuttle Program.  He was the last cut before Christa McAuliffe for the Challenger flight.   @climber511 @Hubgeezer

Oh to be young again :)