Jump to content
Guest Bullitt

Bullitt's Journal

Recommended Posts

Mike Rinderle
10 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

I notice he didn't take the easy way out on that log lift; he did it underhand!

Yea, he benches his toy barbell reverse grip too.  Apparently he's like his dad.  "May be harder this way, but it's how I do it so piss off!"  Haha

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld
6 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Yea, he benches his toy barbell reverse grip too.  Apparently he's like his dad.  "May be harder this way, but it's how I do it so piss off!"  Haha

Anthony Clark style!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Red SS BP:

225 x5
205 x 7
185 x 10
155 x 12
135 x 16

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld
3 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Red SS BP:

225 x5
205 x 7
185 x 10
155 x 12
135 x 16

Voluminous. Nice, Mike!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
30 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Voluminous. Nice, Mike!

So weak right now it's all I got.  Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld
14 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

So weak right now it's all I got.  Lol

That’s all I expect from you - all you got. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
11 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

That’s all I expect from you - all you got. 

Reasonable 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Squatted with a straight bar for the first time in a long time.  My shoulders didn't take long to remind me why I don't.   Was going to work up to reps with 300, but on first rep with that weight I got a real sharp twinge in the back of my right delt and stopped.

High bar squats: bar x 20, 135 x 10, 225 x 5, 275 x 3, 300 x 1 and stopped due to shoulder

Dimel Deads:

135 x 20 and 185 x 25 (had more in me but was losing the hip pop)

 

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WestSlope

SSB is all I'll use from here out unless I think I need to compete someday. I take a deadlift stance and let my gut stop the descent. So far I have no low back pain and no knee pain.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy J.
3 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Squatted with a straight bar for the first time in a long time.  My shoulders didn't take long to remind me why I don't.   Was going to work up to reps with 300, but on first rep with that weight I got a real sharp twinge in the back of my right delt and stopped.

High bar squats: bar x 20, 135 x 10, 225 x 5, 275 x 3, 300 x 1 and stopped due to shoulder

Dimel Deads:

135 x 20 and 185 x 25 (had more in me but was losing the hip pop)

 

Good set Mike!

 

we need to talk about those pants tho.. 🧐

you lookin like a sack of taters over here.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

Good set Mike!

 

we need to talk about those pants tho.. 🧐

you lookin like a sack of taters over here.

One of the great things about entering your 50s is you suddenly have 0 forks to give when it comes to social dress norms.  😂

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy J.
1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

One of the great things about entering your 50s is you suddenly have 0 forks to give when it comes to social dress norms.  😂

☝......🧐

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

okay i got nothing for that... 😆

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Bench with 20" cff red bands.  About 20lbs at bottom and 55-60 at top.  Did a set every 2 minutes.

185 + bands x 2 (too much for what I wanted to do today),  155 + bands x 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 5.

Band press downs x 100 with same bands: 35, 15, 14, 12, 12, 12

Supersetted those with band curls using the eliefts pro light orange band: 15, 15, 15, 10 (stopped there. Bis were burning and I still have the Rhabdo incident in my head when working biceps).

Felt pretty strong today compared to my first few sessions of this comeback.  We'll see if that continues.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

1.25 mile walk in the woods with Team Rindo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

SSB Squats with Pro Light Orange Bands.  About 90 at the top. Very little at the bottom. 

205 + bands x 2; 245 + bands x 1, 1, 1; 205 + bands x 3, 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Another walk in the woods with Team Rindo.  

 

Screenshot_20200223-171443_MapMyRun.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Had 15 minutes today for bench:

Bar x 20

95 x 10

135 x 5

185 x 1

225 2x2 (that's the most straight weight I've tried since the elbow tear)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Banded DLs with Elitefts average short bands.  0 at the bottom (engage about 3" off floor) and around 155-160 at top.

135 x 10, 135+b x 10, 185+b x 5, 225+b x 3, 275+b x 3, 295+b x 1, 275+b x 1

Dimel deads with 135 plus same bands (185ish bottom / 290 top) x 10

Seated leg curls with Efs pro light band 3 x 10 reps.

Little trouble walking to the house.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Paused Spoto Press: 185  5x3 reps

JM Press: nope.  Hurt elbow too much

Suicide set of band pressdowns and band curls.  Back and forth without rest doing max reps til my arms gave out.  Killa!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

I hate @EricMilfeld for putting the idea of 20 rep squats in my head.  No seriously. Fork you old man Milfeld!  

SSB Box Squats with Elitefts Pro Light Bands.  Add ~ 50 at bottom and 95 at top. All sets below had bands.

Bar x 10, 115 x 10, 155 x 20, 205 x 3, 3, 3, 5

Walking in quicksand after that.  Actually a great idea Eric.  I usually need to do what I hate.  Here's the 20 (~ 205 @ bottom & 250 @ top)

 

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WestSlope

Those last couple of reps reminded me that my dogs need to be pooped this morning. 😆 Seriously great work though. I guess I'll follow the Pied Piper as well with this evenings squats. What do you have to measure the load of the bands?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
1 minute ago, WestSlope said:

Those last couple of reps reminded me that my dogs need to be pooped this morning. 😆 Seriously great work though. I guess I'll follow the Pied Piper as well with this evenings squats. What do you have to measure the load of the bands?

I go by the chart on the Elitefts website, then measure the distance of the stretch at top and bottom..  Close enough for my use.  I'm sure they vary a little, but if my calculations are off 5 lbs one way or the other, I'm ok with that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld
2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I hate @EricMilfeld for putting the idea of 20 rep squats in my head.  No seriously. Fork you old man Milfeld!  

SSB Box Squats with Elitefts Pro Light Bands.  Add ~ 50 at bottom and 95 at top. All sets below had bands.

Bar x 10, 115 x 10, 155 x 20, 205 x 3, 3, 3, 5

Walking in quicksand after that.  Actually a great idea Eric.  I usually need to do what I hate.  Here's the 20 (~ 205 @ bottom & 250 @ top)

 

I’m not exactly enamored with @EricMilfeld Now I feel this pressure to follow through with the stupid idea. I got a bad feeling it’s gonna hurt. 

But nice squatting, Mike!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Something clicked today.  Pain was almost non-existent and had the first workout since before the injury where the weights felt lighter than they should.  Still pitiful numbers, but I feel like I'm ready to make a big leap forward.  Ride the wave dudes 🤙🏻

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Felt so good I forgot to post the workout.  Lol

BP: bar x 20, 95 x 10, 135 x 5, 185 x 1, 235 x 1 (post tear pr with no pain), then 185 5 x 5 (post tear pr)

Banded Tate Press X 20 with 20" red CFF bands. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.