Jump to content

Bullitt's Journal


Recommended Posts

Kluv#0
35 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

You've got me on my best day buddy.  You'll kill me on the crusher and lbh.  We're close on dubhub and I might sneak out a win over you on flask.  Masters is stacked.  Could have 6 or 7 members of Team AARP in the top 30.  I'll be happy with 5th - 7th masters and a top 40 overall.   Arto, Laine, and Chad will be tough, but you've definitely got a shot at a podium spot.

I've trained for this contest like no other, and I'm still not going to have a shot at top 4.  Lol.  

My predictions:

Chad, Arto, Laine (is he competing), Steve Millard, Mike Thomas, Steven Falke, Rindo.

I think the top 4 could finish in any order depending on local conditions, especially if someone messes up. Same with 5 - 7.  

Plus, we might all get surprised. I'm not sure if any grip monsters turned 50 since last year.  Definitely the most stacked masters field in KK history.

But anyway it goes, I should not even be on your radar.  

Of course, a couple guys decide not to compete, and you might win it all.  

 

sanbaggers.jpg.d5c7d0382184c528a84b11e239dc6907.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mike Rinderle

    392

  • Shoggoth

    71

  • EricMilfeld

    67

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good day yesterday.   Feeling it today.  It was really fun to be actually competing with Jedd and Luke on the lifts.  Usually I'm done with my attempts before they start warming up.  Lol.  Guess train

Another Awesome day yesterday at NAGS.  Other than I just can't figure out 2HP to save my life.  🤷‍♂️ Silver Bullet: Got about 1.5 seconds with a 205 lb #4, which I think was 2nd overall.  Distan

I hate @EricMilfeld for putting the idea of 20 rep squats in my head.  No seriously. Fork you old man Milfeld!   SSB Box Squats with Elitefts Pro Light Bands.  Add ~ 50 at bottom and 95 at top. A

Posted Images

Kluv#0

Mike(Sandbagger), you have an excellent chance at top 3!! I will finish last of those older men you mentioned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
WestSlope
4 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Chad, Arto, Laine (is he competing), Steve Millard, Mike Thomas, Steven Falke, Rindo.

I'm most curious about Chad. I've seen him walk with the pinched Yorks , a stone ring lift and his axle from Mighty Mitts but nothing on the LBH and Crusher. Is he lifting at Jedd's?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
3 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

I'm most curious about Chad. I've seen him walk with the pinched Yorks , a stone ring lift and his axle from Mighty Mitts but nothing on the LBH and Crusher. Is he lifting at Jedd's?

Yea.  He's done over 300 on the old RT.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
WestSlope
26 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Yea.  He's done over 300 on the old RT.  

Hey! Chad and his 9" hands are not yet 50.

Edited by WestSlope
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
13 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Hey! Chad and his 9" hands are not yet 50.

Sweet!  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
7 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Mike(Sandbagger), you have an excellent chance at top 3!! I will finish last of those older men you mentioned.

Barring someone bombing in an event, which is something I would never want to happen, there is no reality where I beat Arto, Laine, or Steve.  I'm totes ok with that.  No shame finishing behind any of you guys.  I just love the fact that so many of us are still competitive.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
4 minutes ago, mfin77 said:

190 on the titan.. do u use chalk or sand it down? That is a lot on that. Good lift 

I put a light coat of flat paint on it so it would hold a little chalk.  Still slippery but not as bad as the enamel coating they use.

Although I will say, when the humidity was just right, you could get a grip on the enamel with no chalk.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I put a light coat of flat paint on it so it would hold a little chalk.  Still slippery but not as bad as the enamel coating they use.

Although I will say, when the humidity was just right, you could get a grip on the enamel with no chalk.  

That’s sounds like a good idea.  Because I am always so sweaty when I use this handle it’s hard to get a good grip. Thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
Mike Rinderle

Just messing around.  Bodyweight down 31 lbs since November 1st to 249 today, so most happy with that.  Breaking 200 is the only goal I care about right now.  I plan on being one of those old guys on the beach with my extra skin flapping in the breeze over my speedo.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Mike Rinderle

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

245 lbs.

Have not smoked for a week.

That's all.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoggoth
16 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

245 lbs.

Have not smoked for a week.

That's all.

Excellent!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld

So glad to hear you’re on a healthier path, Mike!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

So glad to hear you’re on a healthier path, Mike!

Well.... from my bench session 2 days ago and my dl session today...

Apparently strength does not accompany quick weight loss.  I feel like a weak old man right now.  Extremely depressed. 

But....

I'm going to see this through. I'll worry about getting stronger on the other side of getting healthy. 

I always quit when I see the numbers go down.  This time I'm going to be mentally strong enough to not care what I am lifting.  My 4yo son could give a shit what daddy's dl is at.  By the way... it's embarrassing. 🤣

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
8 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Weight loss plan is working well. Keep it up!

Dude... I am so weak right now.  It was a really bad dl session today.   I was so embarrassed.  But you know what?  Literally nobody but me gives a shit about how much I can dl. Lol

I just want to be able to play with my son.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
5 hours ago, Shoggoth said:

Excellent!

If u would come back down, we'd walk so much we would lose weight eating 5000 calories a day.   1700 bites ass.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoggoth
38 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

If u would come back down, we'd walk so much we would lose weight eating 5000 calories a day.   1700 bites ass.

I should definitely come down again. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld
1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Well.... from my bench session 2 days ago and my dl session today...

Apparently strength does not accompany quick weight loss.  I feel like a weak old man right now.  Extremely depressed. 

But....

I'm going to see this through. I'll worry about getting stronger on the other side of getting healthy. 

I always quit when I see the numbers go down.  This time I'm going to be mentally strong enough to not care what I am lifting.  My 4yo son could give a shit what daddy's dl is at.  By the way... it's embarrassing. 🤣

I know exactly where you’re coming from. I had that same internal struggle when I would slim down as a result of jiu jitsu. I could only take it for a year at a time then I’d have to go back to my first love. Fortunately I feel healthy even at 235, which is huge for me. Just wish my joints would follow the script. 

And yeah, all the people that ever cared what I could lift or bend were  make-believe friends. 😆

Try and think of it in terms of how strong you are for a given body weight. That helped me not to lose my mind. 🤪

Your Son will think you’re Superman regardless! Well... as long as you can always pull 4 plates. 🧐

Edited by EricMilfeld
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy J.
59 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

I know exactly where you’re coming from. I had that same internal struggle when I would slim down as a result of jiu jitsu. I could only take it for a year at a time then I’d have to go back to my first love. Fortunately I feel healthy even at 235, which is huge for me. Just wish my joints would follow the script. 

And yeah, all the people that ever cared what I could lift or bend were  make-believe friends. 😆

Try and think of it in terms of how strong you are for a given body weight. That helped me not to lose my mind. 🤪

Your Son will think you’re Superman regardless! Well... as long as you can always pull 4 plates. 🧐

 

 

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
WestSlope
11 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Dude... I am so weak right now.  It was a really bad dl session today.   I was so embarrassed.  But you know what?  Literally nobody but me gives a shit about how much I can dl. Lol

I just want to be able to play with my son.

You are going to feel great at your goal weight. Go into the shed, put some light to moderate work in, and get out. You know strength will return once calories are set at maintenance.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Weight 244

SSB Squats: 

Too embarrassing to say for 5X5

Farmers DLs:

220 X 10

400 X 5

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.