Guest Bullitt

Bullitt's Journal

EricMilfeld

Nope. 275 I can only do 10 times. 😆 So my compliment stands. 

• Haha 1

Mike Rinderle

Bench: Shoulders were hurting today and just wouldn't let up, so I only worked up to an easy triple with 255.  Had a couple in the tank.

Then I did some shallow dubhub holds.  Worked up to 3 x 4-5 seconds with 65 lbs.

Less humid than it has been, so I hit the 1H Thumb Blaster.  PRd left and right.  Left 98.  Rt 101.  Definitely more in the tank righty, but my thumb skin was screaming.   

• Like 5

Mike Rinderle

The pre-contest feed has begun for Living Legends.  Anniversary dinner with my wife tonight.  28oz ribeye (rare), baked tater, and sweet tater mash. Not often a steak makes me look like a middleweight.  Gotta be good for a PR or two.  That, or a myocardial infarction. 

0 0 0 IMG_60521.jpg

0 0 0 IMG_60531.jpg

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 8

Shoggoth

Congratulations to you and Melissa!

• Like 1

Stephen Anderson

Congrats and Goodluck!

• Like 1

Mike Rinderle
5 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

Congratulations to you and Melissa!

13 years!

• Like 4

Mike Rinderle

Just trying some new things out on bench.  Still not going to push the weight up too high with my bum shoulders.  Did some pin presses today.  Watched a Josh Bryant vid where he talks about making them singles.  No storing the energy from the descent.   Says even with a long pause you are getting the benefit of 40 - 50% of the stretch reflex.  So I reset on all three reps.  Let go of bar.  Let my tightness go.  Then got tight again and performed the rep.  Actually did make it much harder.  Pins were about 2" above my chest, which is where he recommended for guys with long arms. Used a mid width grip, which seems to be easiest on my shoulders.  Pinkies just inside rings.  Actually felt better on shoulders than regular bench.  Only 255 X 3, but I want to track my progress on these.  Then press downs, some light lbh and dubhub.  Nothing more til Living Legends.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 3

Anthony C.

Just catching up here, Mike. Lots of great stuff!

Also seeing the cigarette smoke in your most recent video and realizing the dubhub will make a hell of an ashtray come November.

• Like 1

Mike Rinderle
On 9/3/2019 at 4:13 PM, Anthony C. said:

Just catching up here, Mike. Lots of great stuff!

Also seeing the cigarette smoke in your most recent video and realizing the dubhub will make a hell of an ashtray come November.

Thanks Anthony!  It's a loaner.  Lol

Joseph Sullivan
On 9/2/2019 at 7:06 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

The pre-contest feed has begun for Living Legends.  Anniversary dinner with my wife tonight.  28oz ribeye (rare), baked tater, and sweet tater mash. Not often a steak makes me look like a middleweight.  Gotta be good for a PR or two.  That, or a myocardial infarction. 

0 0 0 IMG_60521.jpg

0 0 0 IMG_60531.jpg

You look like a 90s Tank Abbott in these shots. Were you a pit fighter in Huntington Beach Cali  in your former life? 

Mike Rinderle
11 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

You look like a 90s Tank Abbott in these shots. Were you a pit fighter in Huntington Beach Cali  in your former life? 

If by pit, you mean dozens of bars in Cincinnati and Detroit, then yes lol.

Tank was fun to watch but I would have loved to throw hands with him closer to both of our primes.  One of us would have got ktfo for sure.  No decisions. 

• Like 1

Joseph Sullivan
6 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

If by pit, you mean dozens of bars in Cincinnati and Detroit, then yes lol.

Tank was fun to watch but I would have loved to throw hands with him closer to both of our primes.  One of us would have got ktfo for sure.  No decisions. 

He was my favorite one to watch when UFC was no rules and fun to watch. He was one BRUTAL SOB. I’m sure you would have held your own in your prime, though. 

Mike Rinderle
12 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

He was my favorite one to watch when UFC was no rules and fun to watch. He was one BRUTAL SOB. I’m sure you would have held your own in your prime, though. 

Either way, would have been a blast.  Unless he took me down.  People forget that Tank's background was wrestling.  He would have tore me up on the ground back then.

• Like 1

Mike Rinderle

My two worst events in the books at Living Legends and I didn't bomb out, which was my only goal.  😁 

Tomorrow the goal is to have my back hold up.  The old man is stiff and sore from that drive.  

Grippers: got 140, which is what I figured.  Don't train em.  Got what I deserved.  I believe Aaron took this event with 180 or so.

Double Hammer Slim Lever: Got the opening weight of 20lbs, which turned out to be pretty solid with the very tough setup.  3 people in Legends class did not get the minimum opener and about half the field was out after 20.  Jedd and Luke tied for the win with 27.5.  Very tough.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 7

KapMan
12 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

My two worst events in the books at Living Legends and I didn't bomb out, which was my only goal.  😁 

Tomorrow the goal is to have my back hold up.  The old man is stiff and sore from that drive.  

Grippers: got 140, which is what I figured.  Don't train em.  Got what I deserved.  I believe Aaron took this event with 180 or so.

Double Hammer Slim Lever: Got the opening weight of 20lbs, which turned out to be pretty solid with the very tough setup.  3 people in Legends class did not get the minimum opener and about half the field was out after 20.  Jedd and Luke tied for the win with 27.5.  Very tough.

Gonna tell you like I told joe. 

Imagine this being said By mickey goldmill. Stop  messing around. 

Mike Rinderle
29 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Gonna tell you like I told joe. 

Imagine this being said By mickey goldmill. Stop  messing around. 

You got heart, but you fight like a god-damn ape. The only thing special about you is ya never got your nose busted - well, leave it that way, nice and pretty, and what's left of your mind.

• Like 1

KapMan
50 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

You got heart, but you fight like a god-damn ape. The only thing special about you is ya never got your nose busted - well, leave it that way, nice and pretty, and what's left of your mind.

Yas!