Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt
Lets hope its just a minor tweak

Me too. The next time I tell you I should probably take a day off from deads, please beat the crap out of me if I deadlift. :blush

I'm pretty locked up today. Not as bad as i have hurt it in the past though. It feels more like I tore/strained a small muscle in the lower back than the disk stuff. My left leg didn't go weak or numb like the last time (yet). I'm hopin anyway. I may go to the docs and get some muscle relaxers or something to try and take some of the edge off. Made it in to work today, but I'm fairly immobile. Luckily my gripping has nothing to do with my back. :D

Me too. The next time I tell you I should probably take a day off from deads, please beat the crap out of me if I deadlift. :blush

I'm pretty locked up today. Not as bad as i have hurt it in the past though. It feels more like I tore/strained a small muscle in the lower back than the disk stuff. My left leg didn't go weak or numb like the last time (yet). I'm hopin anyway. I may go to the docs and get some muscle relaxers or something to try and take some of the edge off. Made it in to work today, but I'm fairly immobile. Luckily my gripping has nothing to do with my back. :D

Grrr!!! Why did you do it? You had two (three?) signs to not lift? Come on!

Ok, I'll quite. :) Please take a few days off and if it's not better by the second day, you might want to consult a doctor.

Ohh, guess what? My #2.5, #3 and chalk will be in today! ;)

Get better bud. You can't let me catch up to you on the grippers.

Michael

Grrr!!! Why did you do it? You had two (three?) signs to not lift? Come on!

Ok, I'll quite. :) Please take a few days off and if it's not better by the second day, you might want to consult a doctor.

Ohh, guess what? My #2.5, #3 and chalk will be in today! ;)

Get better bud. You can't let me catch up to you on the grippers.

Michael

Michael,

Looking forward to seeing how you do with the #2.5 and the #3, your T, #1 and #2 closes all looked very strong and they were all basically TNS as well! I'm very impressed.

Michael,

Looking forward to seeing how you do with the #2.5 and the #3, your T, #1 and #2 closes all looked very strong and they were all basically TNS as well! I'm very impressed.

Thanks. I'm thinking I MIGHT close the#2.5 (scared of it) and I'm not even going to open the #3. (Unless I close the #2.5. ;P)

Get better bullitt, I'm on my way to catch up with you.

Michael

Guest Bullitt
Michael,

Thanks. I'm thinking I MIGHT close the#2.5 (scared of it) and I'm not even going to open the #3. (Unless I close the #2.5. ;P)

Michael

I have no doubt you will bro. Luckily for me, I don't grip with me back, so i should be able to hold you off for a while. hehehehehehe

That #2.5 is in trouble. You will smash it. Especially if you can figure out some way to get a bit of a set. Even without, I think it will go down quickly. You are progressing very fast. Keep it up bro. :rock

Michael,

Michael

I have no doubt you will bro. Luckily for me, I don't grip with me back, so i should be able to hold you off for a while. hehehehehehe

That #2.5 is in trouble. You will smash it. Especially if you can figure out some way to get a bit of a set. Even without, I think it will go down quickly. You are progressing very fast. Keep it up bro. :rock

I hope so and I'm about to find out! It's in!!!

Michael

My 3.5 will be here Monday. That is the next goal.

I might have to buy the #3.5 today! (Doubt it! haha)

Michael

Guest Bullitt

Gripper Work:

Righty

Warmups with HG200, HG250, & 2.5

3X1 with COC #3

2X3 inverted closes with HG250

Lefty

Warmups with HG200

3X1 with COC #2.5

2X3 inverted closes with HG250

Guest Bullitt

Injury update:

Went to the doctor yesterday for my back.

Today's condition: Stoned :whacked:upsidedwn

Should be OK to train again on Monday. No deads for a while though. May have to buy a trap bar to do my deads with.

Injury update:

Went to the doctor yesterday for my back.

Today's condition: Stoned :whacked:upsidedwn

Should be OK to train again on Monday. No deads for a while though. May have to buy a trap bar to do my deads with.

I'm glad you went. Remember to read the signs....

You'll get back up and running soon.

Michael

Guest Bullitt

My wife tells me that apparently whenever I see a roadside sign I translate it to, "Drive Fast & Take Chances!" I have no idea what she is talking about. ;)

You have to let that back heal up, buddy. Once you're all squared away we need to get together for some grippin'! :rock

Guest Bullitt
You have to let that back heal up, buddy. Once you're all squared away we need to get together for some grippin'! :rock

Absolutely! As soon as I'm mobile, I'm in! Just glad to find someone in the Baltimore/DC area. I thought I was the lone gripper out here. :laugh

Absolutely! As soon as I'm mobile, I'm in! Just glad to find someone in the Baltimore/DC area. I thought I was the lone gripper out here. :laugh

Shaddup! I'm all alone! :( *tears up*

I noticed there was a guy here on GB in the Jackson area. i sent a M, but no response. :|

Michael

Guest Bullitt

Messed around with the grippers again today. I can't leave them alone. They whisper to me. Pretty lackluster effort as i am fairly doped up on muscle relaxers and pain killers. Was able to get a few solid closes on the #3 with my strong hand. I am really trying to work on holding my hand steady. I got denied on my MM0 cert because of my poor videography and the fact that my hand shakes too much when I'm crushing the #3. These were a bit more stable. Just have to keep working on it and I will eventually get the MM0.

tried a #3 penny hold after my closes, but my grip is fried from too many days training and like i said, loopy doesn't lend itself to maximum effort. :laugh

Lefty: Some really horrible attempts at the 2.5. By this time I had lost interest. Drugs are bad kids.

After that I went back to my day job. :sleep

Gonna chill over the weekend and hit them fresh on Monday.

have a great weekend everyone.

Guest Bullitt

Solid day of gripper work. I need to oil my 2.5. It is getting harder than my #3. Seems like it is binding up at 1/4 inch mark. Will oil it tomorrow.

Several good closes on my #3. Got some good video as well. Can't wait until 3.5 gets here this week.

After the #3 I did some 2.5 speed closes. But like I said, it was tough driving through that last 1/4". Very sticky.

Lefty:

Bunch of closes with HG250

Did some attempts on 2.5 but couldn't get it closed. Again, very squeaky and sticky.

Guest Bullitt

Best day of off hand grip training ever. I decided to just concentrate on my left hand today. I've been doing a lot of closes on my #3 with my right hand and i wanted to rest it for the 3.5 when it gets here.

Warmed up on HG200 & 250.

Did 3 reps with COC 2.5, only pausing long enough to reset. (PR)

Then gave the #3 a run. Closest attempt was about 1/4" which was the best I have done on the #3.

I then did 3 more singles with the 2.5.

Still felt good so I did some inverted closes with HG250.

Hopefully #3.5 will be here by tomorrow.

Guest Bullitt

3.5 just got in the mail yesterday. Probably won't have it until Wednesday or Thursday. :(

Edited by Bullitt

3.5 just got in the mail yesterday. Probably won't have it until Wednesday or Thursday. :(

Boo!

Eh, you don't need it. I gotta catch up with you. ;)

Michael