Jump to content
Guest Bullitt

Bullitt's Journal

Recommended Posts

Shoggoth
4 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Bunch of hub n pinch work.  Then 300 X 8.9 DOT on the axle.

 

Very impressive buddy!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan

Nice job, dude!! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
16 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

Very impressive buddy!

Cardio... must... work... on... it...

😰

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
12 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Nice job, dude!! 

Thanks Joseph.  Child's play for you big guy.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Thanks Joseph.  Child's play for you big guy.

You are up there too, Mike! Was just with Jedd and Luke tonight! Were your ears ringing? I was telling them how proud I am of your recent performance with all the hard work you are putting in after Rhabdo! I was truly worried last year that it was over for you for the most part. Way to hang in there and come out stronger than most of the people here!! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🔥🔥🔥

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoggoth
5 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Cardio... must... work... on... it...

😰

Might be the intra-workout cigarette.... maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
6 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

Might be the intra-workout cigarette.... maybe

Pshaw!  Bite your tongue!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoggoth
13 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Pshaw!  Bite your tongue!

Or the Kodiak...

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Worked up to 366 on the 2 3/8 NN for a 6 lb pr.  Then decided it was probably time to start training 2hp.  Worked up to a couple singles with 205 on the 2" pinch block from Luke.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan

You are on FIRE! Don’t want to get too close... I may get.... BURNED!!! 🔥 🔥 🔥 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Yesterday:

DO rack pulls on 27mm dl bar:  worked up to a very shaky 500 lbs.

Tried for about 45 minutes to hub lift a standard 45 with a very shallow, wide hub.  Out of about 30 tries with each hand, I was only able to hop it a smidge twice.  I really suck at fingertip lifts like hubs, stubs, and moondrops.  I know I need to get better at them since they are the core of any good strength program...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
14 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Yesterday:

DO rack pulls on 27mm dl bar:  worked up to a very shaky 500 lbs.

Tried for about 45 minutes to hub lift a standard 45 with a very shallow, wide hub.  Out of about 30 tries with each hand, I was only able to hop it a smidge twice.  I really suck at fingertip lifts like hubs, stubs, and moondrops.  I know I need to get better at them since they are the core of any good strength program...

Yes “the core”.... those finger tip lifts bring up everything!! Haha that was classic. Those that don’t know you may think that was a serious statement and not in jest. 😆

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)

Yesterday:

LBH: up to 200.6 with about 3" of air on 210.  Stopped there because my skin felt like it might tear again.  I'm very close on 210.

Arm Assassin Shallow Hubble: Up to 58 lbs lefty and 61.1 lbs righty.  Got decent air on 63.6 but again, stopped because of skin.  I'm guessing this shallow hub is a little easier than the shallow Dubhub because it attaches with a caribiner and no matter how much you try to keep it perfectly even, it will not be quite as hard as one firmly attached to the pin.

Now that I've gotten to play a little bit with these two implements for the first time, I'm ready to set some goals for this year's KK:

One hand Flask: 110 - 115 lbs (last year 105.8)

2.5" Crusher: 190 - 195 (I think 188 last year?)

Shallow DubHub: 65ish lbs

LBH: 220 - 230.

Hoping those numbers can get me a top 20 overall and top 3 masters.  The Moondrop killed me last year.  87th place on that wonderful device.  lol.  Since I seem to be pretty decent on the shallow hub right from the start, I'm looking forward to being competitive in all 4 events.   If I can get a top 20, I'll probably drop the mic and walk off into the sunset.  Just show up to a random contest here and there without training, like I did for the 6 years before i started training grip again a year or so ago. 

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
10 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Yesterday:

LBH: up to 200.6 with about 3" of air on 210.  Stopped there because my skin felt like it might tear again.  I'm very close on 210.

Arm Assassin Shallow Hubble: Up to 58 lbs lefty and 61.1 lbs righty.  Got decent air on 63.6 but again, stopped because of skin.  I'm guessing this shallow hub is a little easier than the shallow Dubhub because it attaches with a caribiner and no matter how much you try to keep it perfectly even, it will not be quite as hard as one firmly attached to the pin.

Now that I've gotten to play a little bit with these two implements for the first time, I'm ready to set some goals for this year's KK:

One hand Flask: 110 - 115 lbs (last year 105.8)

2.5" Crusher: 190 - 195 (I think 188 last year?)

Shallow DubHub: 65ish lbs

LBH: 220 - 230.

Hoping those numbers can get me a top 20 overall and top 3 masters.  The Moondrop killed me last year.  87th place on that wonderful device.  lol.  Since I seem to be pretty decent on the shallow hub right from the start, I'm looking forward to being competitive in all 4 events.   If I can get a top 20, I'll probably drop the mic and walk off into the sunset.  Just show up to a random contest here and there without training, like I did for the 6 years before i started training grip again a year or so ago. 

Love it 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Axle: worked up to a miss at the knees with 370.

Wrist Wrench Replica: worked up to a single with 96, then finished off the workout with a WW Grip Rush.  Got 17 reps with 76.4 lbs in 2 minutes.  Gonna feel that in the morning. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrankSobotka
1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Axle: worked up to a miss at the knees with 370.

Wrist Wrench Replica: worked up to a single with 96, then finished off the workout with a WW Grip Rush.  Got 17 reps with 76.4 lbs in 2 minutes.  Gonna feel that in the morning. 

 

@Mike Rinderle what’s a WW grip rush? Just pick a weight and get as many reps in a set time? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
51 minutes ago, FrankSobotka said:

@Mike Rinderle what’s a WW grip rush? Just pick a weight and get as many reps in a set time? 

Yes sir.  Usually a minute.  I went 2 for this one.  Great workout finisher.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

LBH:  I can't lift more than @Lucasraymond on the LBH, but I can lift Lucas Raymond on the LBH.  Got 93kg today for a 4lb pr.

Then did 24 second hold with Dumbzilla for a 6 second PR..  1/2 a 130 iron dumbbell.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Worked up to 175 on 2.5" rotating handle. 

Bunch of Blobzilla Attempts.  Basically isos.  Lol

Then worked up to 90.4 on the AASS Hub.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

208.7 on IM LBH

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

208.7 on IM LBH

 

Huge weight BIG MAN! Scaring the shizzle out of a nizzle!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrankD

Awesome lifting all around Mike! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
4 minutes ago, FrankD said:

Awesome lifting all around Mike! 

Thanks Frank!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EricMilfeld

Steerong! You and the LBH share a beautiful relationship. I’m not even on speaking terms with that lift. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
6 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Steerong! You and the LBH share a beautiful relationship. I’m not even on speaking terms with that lift. 

Extremely rare that I find a lift that agrees with me.  KK 19 has 3 of them.  Now I just need to not screw it up.  Lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.