Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

I wonder how much a good set would help me. I could probably kill the #2 if I did that. I'm after the MM0 cert too. I figure within 4 months or so. hopefully anyways..

Michael

I've been racking my brain wondering how you would get a good set. Did you try the PVC trick they suggested? Even without a set, I have confidence the #2 will go down for you. You looked very solid on the 1.5.

I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet, I'll look into it this week. I'd definitely like to get a good set in to see how it feels. I think I could really kill the #2 then. Thanks. Hopefully the #2 doesn't kill me! hahahah

Michael

Guest Bullitt

The AC went out in my condo so I just did a quick workout:

Bench:

1 X 3 with 255lb. Needed a small nudge through that same dang sticking point on third rep.

1 X 11 with 205 lbs (almost got number 12, but ran out of juice)

Pullups:

1 X 9 body weight (244)

Chinups: ( 1 minute after pullups)

1 X 7 body weight

1 arm rows:

1 X 8 each arm with 60lb kettlebell.

Did some pinch grip work that I didn't even mean to do. My daughter broke a big lead glass mirror over the weekend and I carried it down to the dumpster. Very thin & very heavy. Killed my thumbs. lol

resting everything tomorrow and going for the MM0 cert video on Thursday if the hand feels good. Wish me luck y'all.

Guest Bullitt

Bad day of gripping :angry:

My hands still felt pretty sore, but I wanted to try the MM0 cert video today because I am starting a heavy deadlifting program tonight and I'm sure my grip will be fried for awhile. Long story short. I gave 5 max efforts on #3 and not one of them touched. Very disapointed. Set was bad. Hand felt bad. Nothing was right. I will have to regroup and try again next week. I'm going to buy some chalk before the next go around.

What doesn't make sense, was that right after the attempts, I was able to get a 13 second penny hold with my 2.5. Go figure. :blink

Did a couple of those.

Did some 2.5 attempts with left hand. It felt great (probably because i haven't been doing marathon penny holds with it all week. :whacked ) Got extremely close to closing 2.5. By far the closest I have come. 1 or 2 mm away. Should go down soon.

I may lay off the grippers for a few days. Let them rest up and give it another shot on Monday.

Tonight I start my Deads & Milk 6 week journey. Hammy and I are replacing the squats with deads on the old squats and milk program. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Bad day of gripping :angry:

My hands still felt pretty sore, but I wanted to try the MM0 cert video today because I am starting a heavy deadlifting program tonight and I'm sure my grip will be fried for awhile. Long story short. I gave 5 max efforts on #3 and not one of them touched. Very disapointed. Set was bad. Hand felt bad. Nothing was right. I will have to regroup and try again next week. I'm going to buy some chalk before the next go around.

What doesn't make sense, was that right after the attempts, I was able to get a 13 second penny hold with my 2.5. Go figure. :blink

Did a couple of those.

Did some 2.5 attempts with left hand. It felt great (probably because i haven't been doing marathon penny holds with it all week. :whacked ) Got extremely close to closing 2.5. By far the closest I have come. 1 or 2 mm away. Should go down soon.

I may lay off the grippers for a few days. Let them rest up and give it another shot on Monday.

Tonight I start my Deads & Milk 6 week journey. Hammy and I are replacing the squats with deads on the old squats and milk program. I will let everyone know how it goes.

that MM0 will fall soon.

Guest Bullitt

Thanks bro. Very dissapointing. gave it a couple more tries a few minutes ago but no go. Gonna stop now before I hurt myself, plus I have the deads tonight.

Thanks bro. Very dissapointing. gave it a couple more tries a few minutes ago but no go. Gonna stop now before I hurt myself, plus I have the deads tonight.

I just did a couple warmups with the HG200. I think the deads fatigued my grip even more than initially estimated

Guest Bullitt

Along with Hammy, I'm doing Deads and Milk. Just replacing Squats with Deads from the old super squats program.

This evenings workout:

Dead lifts:

1 warm up set with 135lbs

1 set of 20 reps with 185lbs - goal is to increase weight by 5lbs every workout.

Pullovers:

The deads were followed immediately by breathing pullovers.

1 X 20 with 10lb plate (supposed to go light on thes but 10lbs seemed too light to give me a good stretch. May use 25 next time)

Bench:

1 X 10 with 135lbs

1 X 10 with 205lbs (I must have still been dizzy from squats because i thought I put 225 on the bar. :blush)

1 X 6 with 225lbs

1 X 5 with 225lbs

Bent over barbell rows:

1 X 10 overhand grip with 155lbs

1 X 10 underhand grip with 155lbs

Lateral raises:

2 X 10 with 10lb plate in each hand

Guest Bullitt

Deads & Milk day 2

Deads:

Warmup -

1X8 with 60 lb kettlebell (sumo style)

1X8 with 135lbs.

Working set -

1X20 with 190lbs

Pullovers

1X20 with 20lb kettlebell:

Bench Press:

1X8 with 135

1X8 with 225

1X7 with 225

Pullups:

1X8 bodyweight

Chinups:

1X7 bodyweight

Upright Rows:

2X8 with 95lbs.

Deads & Milk day 2

Deads:

Warmup -

1X8 with 60 lb kettlebell (sumo style)

1X8 with 135lbs.

Working set -

1X20 with 190lbs

Pullovers

1X20 with 20lb kettlebell:

Bench Press:

1X8 with 135

1X8 with 225

1X7 with 225

Pullups:

1X8 bodyweight

Chinups:

1X7 bodyweight

Upright Rows:

2X8 with 95lbs.

Doing work!

Guest Bullitt

Wow, who woulda thought that resting for a few days would help the grip? lol

best day of gripping ever! :D:D:D:D

3 solid closes on my #3!!!!! All were caught on video. No chalk. Slightly wider than MMS. Once I go home and upload them, I will take a look and send the best one off for my MM0 cert. They look like they were all captured pretty well, but you never know until they get blown up on the big screen. They all closed. Wow, that felt good. Once they are judged, I'll post one or more of them.

After that, I also set my PR for the penny hold with my 2.5. I got 25 seconds on video. Once I upload that tonight I will post it. What a day!

Still tantalizingly close on the 2.5 with my left hand. Did some partials and some closes on my HG250.

:mosher

Wow, who woulda thought that resting for a few days would help the grip? lol

best day of gripping ever! :D:D:D:D

3 solid closes on my #3!!!!! All were caught on video. No chalk. Slightly wider than MMS. Once I go home and upload them, I will take a look and send the best one off for my MM0 cert. They look like they were all captured pretty well, but you never know until they get blown up on the big screen. They all closed. Wow, that felt good. Once they are judged, I'll post one or more of them.

After that, I also set my PR for the penny hold with my 2.5. I got 25 seconds on video. Once I upload that tonight I will post it. What a day!

Still tantalizingly close on the 2.5 with my left hand. Did some partials and some closes on my HG250.

:mosher

A day that will go down in history

Guest Bullitt

Deads & Milk: Day III

What a day:

Deadlifts:

Warm up sets:

1X10 with 60lb kettlebell sumo style

1X10 with 135lbs

Working set:

1X20 with 195lb

Then the best part...

New Bench Press PR:

1x10 with 135lb

1X1 with 205lb

1X1 with 270lbs (New PR) Actually very easy. Hit the post on way up, brought it down and repressed. Probably had 275 or 280 in me. Strongest day of my life. 3 video closes on #3, 25 second penny hold on 2.5, and a new bench press PR. I stopped right there and quit while I was ahead. :laugh

By the way, here is the 25 second penny hold on my 2.5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvio_qsvTKQ

Guest Bullitt

Too dark and a bit too far away to get the cert. I need to borrow someone's video camera at work and get a clear video. These are on my wife's camera in video mode. Thought I would still post them anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWFD_kw4lSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCS6r4SlfUg

The originals were much clearer. I took a still from the video that was very clear and showed them touching too. I will get a good video and get certed in the next couple weeks. Still a great day!

Too dark and a bit too far away to get the cert. I need to borrow someone's video camera at work and get a clear video. These are on my wife's camera in video mode. Thought I would still post them anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWFD_kw4lSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCS6r4SlfUg

The originals were much clearer. I took a still from the video that was very clear and showed them touching too. I will get a good video and get certed in the next couple weeks. Still a great day!

Looked good to me! Keep it up.

Michael

Looked good to me! Keep it up.

Michael

Thanks bro. I will get a better video so there are no doubts. :rock

U mashed it for sure Bullitt. That still you sent me shows it for sure. Get a better vid and they will make it official. WE know you got it!

Guest Bullitt
U mashed it for sure Bullitt. That still you sent me shows it for sure. Get a better vid and they will make it official. WE know you got it!

Thanks Bruddah. My videography skill set is a little weak. I will keep working on that end and we will see how it goes. may need to get an actual video camera. The cert will come eventually. Until then, I'll just keep crushing and moving weight. My 3.5 should be here in a couple days.

I've put on 4lbs since last Thursday doing the Deads n Milk program. Plus, gripper and bench press PRs. I think we are on to something there. :happy

Guest Bullitt

Another very good gripper day:

Righty:

6 X 1 closes with COC #3 Video taped them. Hopefully the quality on these is better. Tried to get closer and went to a room with more light.

After that I got a 7 second penny hold on #3. Videotaped as well.

I'll upload them tonight and see if any are worth submitting for my MM0 cert.

Lefty:

1st close of COC #2.5

Then did 3 partial closes with it. Started getting some pain in my left elbow so i called it a day.

:rock

Another very good gripper day:

Righty:

6 X 1 closes with COC #3 Video taped them. Hopefully the quality on these is better. Tried to get closer and went to a room with more light.

After that I got a 7 second penny hold on #3. Videotaped as well.

I'll upload them tonight and see if any are worth submitting for my MM0 cert.

Lefty:

1st close of COC #2.5

Then did 3 partial closes with it. Started getting some pain in my left elbow so i called it a day.

:rock

That's some hard core gripping right there :angry:

Here's the 7 second penny hold with my #3. Sorry it is so dark. Youtube seems to make everything twice as dark. It was very clear and bright in original video. Anybody know a site you can upload your videos to so people can see the originals?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuNdM_r-VmY...feature=channel

Nice display of true Ogre aggression :cool

Guest Bullitt

Man did I mess up. I wasn't going to do deads today, because my posterior chain felt pretty tired yesterday. I had disk surgery 18 months ago for a severe herniation, so I'm very careful. Today i felt good and thought why not. I felt a twinge when I was putting on my workout clothes, but it went away. I felt another twinge when I was doing my warmup with the 60lb kettlebell. At any one of those points, I should have stopped. Of course, being the idiot that I am, I didn't. I did belt up for my warmup set for extra stability. Didn't help. Third rep with only 135lbs, something went pop! My back is now messed up and it doesn't look like I will be doing deads for a while. :(:cry:whacked:(:angry::cry

After that I did a workout that avoided the lower back. Figured i should get it in while i could. Usually when this happens, I'm locked up for days.

New PR for reps on bench with 235, so there was one positive.

Deads:

Crash, Bam, Pow, Snap, Crackle, Pop!

Bench

Warmup: 1X10 with 135lbs

Work sets:

1X7 with 235lbs (new PR)

1X5 with 235lbs

Inverted Rows on perfect pullup bar(these don't put any strain on my lower back and I left the belt on for support)

3X10 with bodyweight (2 double OH grip, 1 double underhand grip)

Face pulls:

2X10 with bodyweight

3 sets of curls:

reverse grip

regular

hammer

I am such an idiot!!!!! :angry: