Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Thankfully this years Gripmas doesn't have many "heavy" lifts like some contests have had. Two hand pinch may end up weighing the most but sometimes the one hand stuff is harder on the back. You can wear a belt on any of the lifts of course and a couple 8 hour Tylenol might help too. I have some back issues as well and the chiro has sometimes offered "instant" relief and other times not so instant - but I have had good luck overall with them. Massage therapy can also work well to relax those muscles that tighten up to protect you after the injury. My experience with the Inversion tables has been better at prehab than actually fixing me after I get hurt.

Guest Bullitt

Thankfully this years Gripmas doesn't have many "heavy" lifts like some contests have had. Two hand pinch may end up weighing the most but sometimes the one hand stuff is harder on the back. You can wear a belt on any of the lifts of course and a couple 8 hour Tylenol might help too. I have some back issues as well and the chiro has sometimes offered "instant" relief and other times not so instant - but I have had good luck overall with them. Massage therapy can also work well to relax those muscles that tighten up to protect you after the injury. My experience with the Inversion tables has been better at prehab than actually fixing me after I get hurt.

Going to give a chiroprator a shot for the first time ever on Thursday. Ordered the table today, but it probably won't be here in time to do me much good anyway. Now I have numbness and tingling down left leg. Always a good sign. HAHA

Yea, I think I may have hurt it doing one hand axle work with lighter weight. Oh well. I'll be there... even if i have to compete in a wheelchair. :mosher

Yep, what they said. :) To heck with lifting(!), but you have to be able to just walk across the room in 5 years too. Hopefully the inversion table and chiro will help along with more downtime.

Going to give a chiroprator a shot for the first time ever on Thursday. Ordered the table today, but it probably won't be here in time to do me much good anyway. Now I have numbness and tingling down left leg. Always a good sign. HAHA

Yea, I think I may have hurt it doing one hand axle work with lighter weight. Oh well. I'll be there... even if i have to compete in a wheelchair. :mosher

Just try not to let Melissa beat you - you'll never hear the end of it!

Guest Bullitt

Just try not to let Melissa beat you - you'll never hear the end of it!

:laugh Hopefully I can get a big enough lead on grippers that i can hold her off. :help

Guest Bullitt

Just hit the grippers tonight and some dynamic thumb work.

Warmup: 3 30 second planks. These actually seemed to make my back feel better.

Lefty: Worked up to some near misses on wide set #3 closes.

Righty: Worked up to 5 very good attempts on my new 178# 3.5. First 3 were down to an 1/8th or less. After that, I did 2 tns near misses on my easy #3. Finished it off with some BFNs on Barbe's 170# RB300.

Finished it all off with some dynamic thumb work on pony clamp.

That's the last non-choked workout before Gripmas.

Guest Bullitt

Back was starting to feel better and I got my new belt, so I did some light squats before my grippers and sledge work. Back felt fine, but I was very slow and controlled and concentrated on form like I never have before. All the squats were deep.

Warmup:

Mobility exercises

Body weight lunges

Good mornings with just bar

Zerchers with axle:

axleX10

110X10

180X5

Back Squats:

BarX10

135X8

205X2X2X2

Grippers:

178# 3.5 choked to parallel: X1,X1,X1,X1,X1,X1,X nearmiss with overcrush.

Sledge lever:

8#X5 each hand at 31"

8#X2 each hand at 33"

17# X1,X1 right hand.

Guest Bullitt

back felt so good after the Chiro today I had one last killer workout for Gripmas. Now it's time to relax and just get technique down pat on chokers.

Warmup:

Mobility exercises

Good mornings with axle

DO axle deads:

110X5

180X3

250X1

300X11

345X1 (PR)

350X miss (just above knee)

2HP:

102X1

137X1

172X1

202.7Xhover, Xhover, Xhover Almost had first one high enough, but not quite.

1" vbar:

97X1

167X1

257X1

277X1 right, Xhover left

339Xmaybe. It got off the ground, but not sure if it got 2". Would have been a PR.

50 lb blob:

4 singles with left hand.

Stretching.

Take good care of your injury Mike...I know from myself that it feels very bad when you start having good progress and a bloody injury comes and stops everything, but as we want to lift as big as we can we must live with that.

Like the other guys said give it a little rest or drop the poundages for a while. We must be wise enough to understand that we must take a step back if we want to take two steps forward.

Be strong my friend! :rock

Guest Bullitt

Much better bench workout tonight. :) I wore my new belt for these. I concentrated on staying tight and really creating that internal pressure on each rep. First time the bench has felt right in a couple months or more. I even got a little arch! :blink

Mobility exercises.

Shoulder prehab

Bench:

barX20

95X10

135X10

230X5

230X5

230X5

230X5

230X5

Bent over barbell rows:

135X10

205X8

255X5

300X3 PR

60 sec. front plank (going to alternate these with side planks every other day)

Mobility exercises

stretching

Homemade tuna caserole. MMMMM, she's a keeper! :D

Edited by Bullitt

I'am really happy to read that you're feeling better.

Take care of you!

Edited by Joefrey

Guest Bullitt

Messed around with a few things yesterday in between the girls events:

3 extremely near misses with the 178# 3.5. The 3rd one was within a hair of touching.

Got some decent air with 202.7 on the 2HP block

Pulled 180 a couple times on the 1 arm deadlift.

1" vbar worked up to 342# and pulled that to just under 2"

Lifted the blob a couple times, hubbed 45 + 6.5#, Bunch of reps with 8# sledge and got the 17# once too.

Good work bro, your getting strong! Feelin better? That didn't look like a break to me.

Rico

Guest Bullitt

Good work bro, your getting strong! Feelin better? That didn't look like a break to me.

Rico

Thanks man! Yea, I really wasn't planning on doing much yesterday, but all the toys were out and I just couldn't resist. :whistel Back is still sore, but the chiro is helping a lot and my inversion table gets here today. Doing absolutely nothing the rest of the week except for one more choked gripper workout tomorrow and maybe some sledge work. Grip feels stronger than it ever has. If the back holds up, I can hopefully finish out of the basement. :blush

Since my grippers are really peaking, I'm thinking about going for my IM #3 cert after Gripmas. Then a lot of powerlifting and bending for a couple months.

Lugged Jedd's inch to my car and closed a few grippers last night. No workouts of any kind planned for rest of week..

Lugging the Inch very far is a workout all by itself!

Guest Bullitt

Back at it. Squats and grippers.

Warmup:

mobility work

bodyweight lunges

good mornings with bar

goblet squats with 60lb kettlebell

Squats:

BarX10

135X10

205X5

255X2

255X2

300X1 Couldn't get deep so stopped after first rep

135X20

Grippers:

warmup then...

New #4 by ridiculous miss. Not even sure it got past parallel. This thing is a beast

3.5 (just got this back from Jedd. About 174 or so I would guess) Xvvn, X1, X1, X1 with 15 second negative (kept it within a 1/4" the whole time)

#4 choked (couldn't even get the dang thing choked to parallel :blink )X miss, X miss (none got very far inside 1/2 inch if at all)

All in all, I was pleased with the workout. Especially 3 days after Gripmas. My CNS was still a bit fried. I can always tell because my hands shake like crazy on my gripper closes. Was really happy to get the 3.5 closed. Didn't think I would. Attempts 2 & 3 were very solid closes. Here's close #3 with the negative:

Bunch of triples with filed 2.5 for my left hand.

Mike, I'm amazed you are back training already after such a great performance at Gripmas; my CNS is still reeling.

It was great to meet you and hope to see you at GGC or another contest and of course at Gripmas in 2010.

Guest Bullitt

Mike, I'm amazed you are back training already after such a great performance at Gripmas; my CNS is still reeling.

It was great to meet you and hope to see you at GGC or another contest and of course at Gripmas in 2010.

Thanks Bob. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. :blush I really was going to lay off for a while, but the #4 came and was calling my name all day. :D

It was great finally meeting you too Bob. Let's make sure we meet up again next year for sure!!!

Mike I didn't know you were up to 450 good work. You'll get it next week if you want to. But your vid isint there yet. Wait till you can view it before you post, sometime there's a big lag from uploading to actually viewing.

Rico

Back at it. Squats and grippers.

Warmup:

mobility work

bodyweight lunges

good mornings with bar

goblet squats with 60lb kettlebell

Squats:

BarX10

135X10

205X5

255X2

255X2

300X1 Couldn't get deep so stopped after first rep

135X20

Grippers:

warmup then...

New #4 by ridiculous miss. Not even sure it got past parallel. This thing is a beast

3.5 (just got this back from Jedd. About 174 or so I would guess) Xvvn, X1, X1, X1 with 15 second negative (kept it within a 1/4" the whole time)

#4 choked (couldn't even get the dang thing choked to parallel :blink )X miss, X miss (none got very far inside 1/2 inch if at all)

All in all, I was pleased with the workout. Especially 3 days after Gripmas. My CNS was still a bit fried. I can always tell because my hands shake like crazy on my gripper closes. Was really happy to get the 3.5 closed. Didn't think I would. Attempts 2 & 3 were very solid closes. Here's close #3 with the negative:

Bunch of triples with filed 2.5 for my left hand.

Your crushing strength has gone through the roof man! #3.5 is nothing to sneeze about man!! Must be the new Five finger death punch album!!! :mosher I love that album, not as heavy as The way of the Fist, but still very good!

DO Deadlifts tonight:

warmup:

mobility exercises

bodyweight lunges

goodmornings with empty bar

DO Deadlifts:

135X10

225X5

295X2

365X1

425X1 (PR) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOB4ch62Ok0

450Xmiss

1" vbar: Just did some pulls up to 302. Trying to get the skin tough again after the blister.

Awesome dude!! Sportin the high socks for the bleeding shins eh? I've done that plenty of times! Nothing like scraping the bar on 'em though especially on a PR!!

Just saw the vid. Dude did you hold your breath like 2 sec. before you started to do the lift? You better watch you don't vagal out and loose consiousness. Maby I'm mistaken just seemed your last breath was way earlier than when you actually pulled. Any way strong lift for ya!!!!! I did some DO last night to. I only went up to 315 then used alternet grip after that. I should have seen how much I could do. Ill try next time

Rico