Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Back to the grind after blowing the MM2 cert. Deadlifts and axle rows tonight. Tried some rest pause stuff after watching Smitty's video on Diesel Crew site and mixed sumo with conventional on the pulls.

Warmup:

KB swings w/ 20 lb KB X 20

Bodyweight lunges: 1X10 each leg.

Good mornings with oly bar: 1X10

Deadlifts:

135 X 10

205 X 6

275 X 6

300 X 10 had to rest pause to get these in. Wanted to go for 20, but my form was starting to go and I didn't want to risk it.

Axle rows:

110X10

200X20 rest pause to finish them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VocMKlbOitY

Guest Bullitt

Brent Barbe lent me his RB300 to train with until Gripmas. Very nice gripper that calibrated at 171# I think.

Mobility exercises to warm up.

HG250: 2X3

Filed 2.5: 3X2

RB300: 5Xmiss. All were about 1/8" or so. On my 5th attempt, I thought I had it, but video showed that it didn't touch. Felt like I might have pinched my fat hand skin between the handles.

Here's the 5th attempt:

And a still:

gallery_16387_1092_3599.jpg

Then did some bench, but it felt horrible. Everything felt heavy as crap. Did 3 triples with 245 and scrapped it.

Then I took my bench frustration out on my 1" vbar:

97X2 each hand

177X1 each hand

257X1 each hand

277X1 each hand (PR for left hand)

334X1 Right hand (new PR!!!)

Ha! Your kids won't have any prob in math class as long as they use your weight set :)

Great lift and super adding skills!

Rico

Guest Bullitt

Ha! Your kids won't have any prob in math class as long as they use your weight set :)

Great lift and super adding skills!

Rico

Yea, it's a bit of mix n match. :blush But they all seem to obey the law of gravity the same, dangit.

Guest Bullitt

Heck yeah, great pull Mike!!! Also great attempt on that RB300! 171 is a beast. What's the spread on it?

Thanks bro. 2 11/16" on the spread. Brent has the exact calibration numbers at home, but said it was 170.something or 171.something. This felt very similar to my 3.5.

Heck yeah, great pull Mike!!! Also great attempt on that RB300! 171 is a beast. What's the spread on it?

Thanks bro. 2 11/16" on the spread. Brent has the exact calibration numbers at home, but said it was 170.something or 171.something. This felt very similar to my 3.5.

I got all caught up in grouting last night and forgot to send Mike the number. I'll do that tonight because, there is no way in hell I'm working on the bathroom until saturday.

Guest Bullitt

Just got to the hotel room in Cincy after 9 1/2 hours in the car. Over here to see my 3 kids. Put Barbe's RB300 in a choker (parallel) before we left and got 5 solid closes on it. Felt very weird. Need to get more comfortable with the chokers before Gripmas.

according to chris rice's calibration set up. keep in mind, you might have already played with it more than I did before it got calibrated. I expect that if we recal it at gripmas the number will come down a little.

Guest Bullitt

In Cincy this weekend. Saw my son's team win two hockey teams and he played great. Scored a goal and had 3 assists. My favorite part though was seeing him get knocked on his can at the beginning of one of his shifts and then proceeded to land 4 clean, angry, devastating hits over the next 40 seconds. It was awesome!

back in the hotel now. Brought some grippers with me. No chalk, but had to hit them.

Some closes with HG200 and filed 2.5 for left hand and to warm up right hand.

Then 5 solid closes of Brent's 170# RB300 choked to parallel. Starting to get used to the choker and they felt better than yesterday's closes even without the chalk. Then did a 30 second overcrush with my filed 2.5.

Gave 2 tries at the RB300 with my left hand and actually moved it a little. Best attempt was probably halfway between parallel and closed.

Another hilight was my son doing a triple with his HG100 that i gave him. I'm thinking trainer and #1 for Christmas.

Guest Bullitt

Thanks Manthos. Yea, I have great kids. He's a real chip off the old block.

Hit the hotel gym this morning. They had a lat pull machine, a vertical bench press machine and dumbells up to 40lbs. Made the most of it.

After warming up, I did 3 sets of a 4 exercise superset:

Wide grip pull down with stack X10

Narrow grip pull down with stack X10

bench press with stack X10

Lateral raises with 25's X10

Then I did a couple sets of curls and hammer curls with the 40s and called it a morning. Great fast workout to get the blood going this morning.

Guest Bullitt

Great session today.

Started out with squats. Still just working on form. Keeping weights light and going deep until I get my groove. Big improvement. As some of you may know, when I went back to squatting, I couldn't get 135 all the way in the dirt without leaning way forward. Big improvement over the last couple weeks.

Warmup:

Hip and back mobility exercises.

Overhead squats with just bar

Goblet squats with 60lb kettlebell

Squats:

135X10

185X5

205X3

Grippers:

RB300 (170.14#)X1,X1X 3second penny hold (all PRs)

One Arm Axle DL (1.9" pipe axle):

110X1 Both Hands

160X1 Both Hands

175X1 Both Hands (Left hand PR)

200X1 Right Hand (PR)

2HP - 54mm pinch block

102.7 X1, X1

162.7 X1, X1

187.7 X1, X1

200 X1 (PR)

Sledge levering and sledge DLs to finish up.

Edited by Bullitt

Great session today.

Started out with squats. Still just working on form. Keeping weights light and going deep until I get my groove. Big improvement. As some of you may know, when I went back to squatting, I couldn't get 135 all the way in the dirt without leaning way forward. Big improvement over the last couple weeks.

Warmup:

Hip and back mobility exercises.

Overhead squats with just bar

Goblet squats with 60lb kettlebell

Squats:

135X10

185X5

205X3

Grippers:

RB300 (170.14#)X1,X1X 3second penny hold (all PRs)

One Arm Axle DL (1.9" pipe axle):

110X1 Both Hands

160X1 Both Hands

175X1 Both Hands (Left hand PR)

200X1 Right Hand (PR)

2HP - 54mm pinch block

102.7 X1, X1

162.7 X1, X1

187.7 X1, X1

200 X1 (PR)

Sledge levering and sledge DLs to finish up.

Nice workout Mike! Strong on the 1 handed pulls on that bar man!!

-Chris

Guest Bullitt

Thanks guys! One of the best workouts I have had in a long time. Unfortunately, my old man back is feeling it this morning. I just need it to hold up until Gripmas. :unsure

Great workout, Mikey! You're killing it, bro!