Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Form is getting better. Stil need to tweak some stuff though. We need to get together, I could help you much better if I am right there working with you. You need to get your hips up more at the start, but still have the ramp like back and drive with the feet. Right now your hips are a little too low. Hard to explain.

Keep at it.

Congratulations on the new PR! :D

I just have one question about your deadlift form.

Why do you lower the bar so slowly?

Guest Bullitt

Thanks! The slow negative is because I have a guy who lives in the apartment below our townhouse that gets a little upset when i bang the weights. :whistel

Rick, I would love to get up there and train DL with you. Hopefully Jedd will have people up soon, or I could head up your way one weekend.

Edited by Bullitt

Thanks! The slow negative is because I have a guy who lives in the apartment below our townhouse that gets a little upset when i bang the weights. :whistel

Lolz :D

You could head up my way if you want. I train in the local pit though so we would have to deal with other "regulars" who like to watch and ask dumb questions. Jedds would be much cooler.

Come on Jedd....have a get together already! LOL!!!! :unsure

You could head up my way if you want. I train in the local pit though so we would have to deal with other "regulars" who like to watch and ask dumb questions. Jedds would be much cooler.

Yes and Yes :cool

Guest Bullitt

Yes and Yes :cool

Name the time and I'm up at Jedd's. :rock

No workout yesterday except the 100 yd farmer's carry to the car from Play it Again Sports in the rain, holding my new 45's by my fingertips under the thin rim. I'm actually feeling that in my forearms today. Weird! :whacked

Guest Bullitt

Axle and 2HP last night:

1 arm axle DL:

B/H: 110 X 8

R/H: 160 X 5, L/H: 160 X 3

R/H: 175 X 3, L/H: 175 X miss (got lots of air)

R/H: 200 X miss, miss, miss (Lost all three just below knee level.

2HP: Using Chris Rice's 54mm 2HP block

102.7 X 5

147.7 X 3

172.7 X 1

192.7 X miss, miss

187.7 X 1 (PR)

Edited by Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Haven't been doing much benching and this workout showed it. I've decided that 300 on the bench is going to have to wait until after Gripmas. Just going to hit this and seated presses enough so that I don't lose everything. Used these as a warmup for a hard RRBT workout. Just started peaking phase. Hoping this gets me ready for MM2.

Bench:

barx20

135X10

225X10 (this was 2 below my PR of 12)

205X10

185X12

RRBT peaking workout. Lots of heavy gripper closes, near misses, negs and overcrushes.

Edited by Bullitt

Haven't been doing much benching and this workout showed it. I've decided that 300 on the bench is going to have to wait until after Gripmas. Just going to hit this and seated presses enough so that I don't lose everything. Used these as a warmup for a hard RRBT workout. Just started peaking phase. Hoping this gets me ready for MM2.

Bench:

barx20

135X10

205X10

185X12

RRBT peaking workout. Lots of heavy gripper closes, near misses, negs and overcrushes.

Finally got around to reading your workout log Mike, good stuff! Just going in to the KTA peak myself this weekend I think. An opportunity to train deads with Rick; that's golden!

Guest Bullitt

Bench:

barx20

135X10

205X10

185X12

Thanks bro. I'm really looking forward to getting my DL numbers up and Rick really knows his stuff. At Nationals, my pulling ability seemed to limit me more than my grip on the axle pulls. It would be nice if I could pull like you Jason, then my only worry would be holding on to the dang bar. :D

Finally got around to reading your workout log Mike, good stuff! Just going in to the KTA peak myself this weekend I think. An opportunity to train deads with Rick; that's golden!

Guest Bullitt

Lots of grippers today for my RRBT peaking phase. Not very happy with the worjout. Not where I want to be yet for the upcoming MM2.

Singles, BFNs, and overcrushes. Did some dynamic thumb work with the tough pony clamp Goody gave me.

Maybe that workout was not that bad just because it didn't deliver the results you expected on that day ! You'll kill that MM2 with much anger next time!:angry:

Guest Bullitt

Something about squats and 40oz of black coffee that make the grippers click.

I have no way to do regular squats in my house, so i unrack from the top pins on my bench and do box squats down to the bench, which gets me just around parallel.

Warmup: sumo deads with 60 lb kettlebell 1 X 20

Squats:

135X10

205X8

275X5

315X3 (as sad as it is to say, I think that is my PR :blush )

Then I had the best gripper workout I have had in a while. It is the peaking phase for RRBT so I can't go into detail, but I closed my adjustable BBE set at around 164 - 165 for several singles (all done with a slight pause in the set to simulate the MM2 cert). After that I came within 1/8" of closing my 3.5. Other stuff too, but those were the highlights. Good to feel strong on the grippers again. Had the Scottish judge giving me a ruling on each close and as she is brutally honest (sometimes downright mean :tongue ), I know they all touched except for one attempt where i had a bad set.

I have no way to do regular squats in my house, so i unrack from the top pins on my bench and do box squats down to the bench, which gets me just around parallel.

Squats:

135X10

205X8

275X5

Then I had the best gripper workout I have had in a while. It is the peaking phase for RRBT so I can't go into detail, but I closed my adjustable BBE set at around 164 - 165 for several singles (all done with a slight pause in the set to simulate the MM2 cert). After that I came within 1/8" of closing my 3.5. Other stuff too, but those were the highlights. Good to feel strong on the grippers again. Had the Scottish judge giving me a ruling on each close and as she is brutally honest (sometimes downright mean :tongue ), I know they all touched except for one attempt where i had a bad set.

Good stuff Mike! I think the same comment goes here as for your deads; if you had a cage and a place where you could bang-and-clang and fart away without scaring you r neighbours I think your numbers would pile up man. Have you ever done zercher squats with your thick bar?

Guest Bullitt

Squats:

135X10

205X8

275X5

Good stuff Mike! I think the same comment goes here as for your deads; if you had a cage and a place where you could bang-and-clang and fart away without scaring you r neighbours I think your numbers would pile up man. Have you ever done zercher squats with your thick bar?

Now that's a great idea. I've done them with my oly bar, but man those hurt like heck when the weight goes up. The axle would be a heck of a lot less painful. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks bro. I will definitely give them a try.

Guest Bullitt

Got stuck in the Columbus airport and didn't get home until after 10PM last night, but had a good RRBT peak gripper workout. I'm closing my adjustable BBE set in the mid 160's pretty much every time I get a good set. By the time I get to my 3.5 in this workout I'm pretty fried, but have been getting that down to about 1/8 as well. I'm thinking the 3.5 is around 170 - 174. I need to get that thing calibrated.

The MM2 would be right at the top of my strength curve right now I think. I'm a little worried after Franky's report on his attempt, but I will give it my all and let the chips fall where they may. Hopefully I keep getting stronger through this peaking phase. I figure the cert adrenaline, a Starbucks black eye, and a couple sets of squats ought to be good for 2-3 pounds of extra crush at least. :mosher

Turn the music on, invite a nice grioup of cheerleaders and you'll gain another 2 or 3. :laugh

Turn the music on, invite a nice grioup of cheerleaders and you'll gain another 2 or 3. :laugh

What he said! :tongue

Strong stuff buddy. You'll get the MM2!