Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

4 minutes ago, mfin77 said:

190 on the titan.. do u use chalk or sand it down? That is a lot on that. Good lift 

I put a light coat of flat paint on it so it would hold a little chalk.  Still slippery but not as bad as the enamel coating they use.

Although I will say, when the humidity was just right, you could get a grip on the enamel with no chalk.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I put a light coat of flat paint on it so it would hold a little chalk.  Still slippery but not as bad as the enamel coating they use.

Although I will say, when the humidity was just right, you could get a grip on the enamel with no chalk.  

That’s sounds like a good idea.  Because I am always so sweaty when I use this handle it’s hard to get a good grip. Thanks 

• 2 months later...

Just messing around.  Bodyweight down 31 lbs since November 1st to 249 today, so most happy with that.  Breaking 200 is the only goal I care about right now.  I plan on being one of those old guys on the beach with my extra skin flapping in the breeze over my speedo.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

245 lbs.

Have not smoked for a week.

That's all.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

245 lbs.

Have not smoked for a week.

That's all.

Excellent!

• Like 1

So glad to hear you’re on a healthier path, Mike!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

So glad to hear you’re on a healthier path, Mike!

Well.... from my bench session 2 days ago and my dl session today...

Apparently strength does not accompany quick weight loss.  I feel like a weak old man right now.  Extremely depressed. 

But....

I'm going to see this through. I'll worry about getting stronger on the other side of getting healthy. 

I always quit when I see the numbers go down.  This time I'm going to be mentally strong enough to not care what I am lifting.  My 4yo son could give a shit what daddy's dl is at.  By the way... it's embarrassing. 🤣

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Weight loss plan is working well. Keep it up!

Dude... I am so weak right now.  It was a really bad dl session today.   I was so embarrassed.  But you know what?  Literally nobody but me gives a shit about how much I can dl. Lol

I just want to be able to play with my son.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shoggoth said:

Excellent!

If u would come back down, we'd walk so much we would lose weight eating 5000 calories a day.   1700 bites ass.

38 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

If u would come back down, we'd walk so much we would lose weight eating 5000 calories a day.   1700 bites ass.

I should definitely come down again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Well.... from my bench session 2 days ago and my dl session today...

Apparently strength does not accompany quick weight loss.  I feel like a weak old man right now.  Extremely depressed. 

But....

I'm going to see this through. I'll worry about getting stronger on the other side of getting healthy. 

I always quit when I see the numbers go down.  This time I'm going to be mentally strong enough to not care what I am lifting.  My 4yo son could give a shit what daddy's dl is at.  By the way... it's embarrassing. 🤣

I know exactly where you’re coming from. I had that same internal struggle when I would slim down as a result of jiu jitsu. I could only take it for a year at a time then I’d have to go back to my first love. Fortunately I feel healthy even at 235, which is huge for me. Just wish my joints would follow the script. 

And yeah, all the people that ever cared what I could lift or bend were  make-believe friends. 😆

Try and think of it in terms of how strong you are for a given body weight. That helped me not to lose my mind. 🤪

Your Son will think you’re Superman regardless! Well... as long as you can always pull 4 plates. 🧐

Edited by EricMilfeld
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

I know exactly where you’re coming from. I had that same internal struggle when I would slim down as a result of jiu jitsu. I could only take it for a year at a time then I’d have to go back to my first love. Fortunately I feel healthy even at 235, which is huge for me. Just wish my joints would follow the script. 

And yeah, all the people that ever cared what I could lift or bend were  make-believe friends. 😆

Try and think of it in terms of how strong you are for a given body weight. That helped me not to lose my mind. 🤪

Your Son will think you’re Superman regardless! Well... as long as you can always pull 4 plates. 🧐

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Weight 244

SSB Squats: 

Too embarrassing to say for 5X5

Farmers DLs:

220 X 10

400 X 5

• Like 2

SSB Westside Style Box Squats to parallel:

202 for 5 sets of 3.

Super strict Barbell rows:

135 for 3 sets of 10.

• Like 2

Yesterday:

First real pressing session since elbow tendon tear.  Light, density/volume training.

Bench:  Josh Bryant Density routine.  135 lbs X 40 in 12:30.  Will bump by 5 lbs each session until I can't get 40 done in 15 minutes  (no more than 5 reps in a set). 

OHP:  95 lbs 3 X 10 reps

IYTs: 1 set 10 reps

Elbow hurt a little but didn't feel like anyone was stabbing me in the elbow and lower tricep.  So I got that going for me.  Lost a lot of strength in the right arm, but I'm guessing that will come back quickly.

• Like 4

Today:

Farmers carries:  220 x 20 yards X 14 in 10 minutes.

• Like 3

JB Density Bench: 145 X 40 in 13:40 (may have done 43 lol)

Barbell Curls:  just bar.  15 seconds rest:  10, 15, 15, 10.  Gotta start somewhere.   

Elbow ok.  Not great, but ok.  Tricep felt much better on bench today.

• Like 4

All done with175 lbs on SSB bar:

Squats: X 3, 5, 7, 7, 5, 3

Upper back good mornings: X 1 minute, 1 min.

Good mornings: X 8

This Titan SSB V2 is so much better than the V1 I had.  

• Like 3

JB Density Bench: 155 X 40 in 14:54.  

Seated French Press:  65 X 10, 10

Triceps Pushdowns (my homemade setup): 70 X 8 (hurt elbow too much), 55 X 10, 10

Seated IYTs with 5 lb plate in each hand: 10 reps.

That's it for the 10 lb jumps on bench.  Will bump 5 lbs next time I do the density routine next week.  I'm going to throw in some heavier slingshot work for second bench workout this week I think.

Westside Style SSB Box Squats:

155 X 10, 205 X 5, 245 X 3, 265 X 3, 275 X 1, 245 X 5, 205 X 10

Banded DLs.  80 -100 lbs at top is best guess.  They were speed pulls until the last set:

135 X 3, 185 X 3, 225 X 3, 275 X 3, 315 X 3 (ran out of steam and they were slow so I tapped out after these)

Weight is hovering in mid 240s.  I always seem to stick here.  So starting yesterday, I lowered calories and upped workload.  Keeping calories at 2000 or less this week.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 3

Busy last 3 days so tried to fit as much as possible in today.  Whole workout was 1 hour including warmups and setup for squat and bench.  Bench was a double every minute for 10 minutes.  Just enough time to stand up, shake my arms, sit back down, set up, and go again.  

SSB Sq: 205 3X5 reps
Bench: 165 11X2 9:50
Barbell rows: 135 3X15 reps
EZ bar: Curls: 65 X 5,5,5,5,10
IYTs: 5 lbs per hand 1 X 10

Weights weren't very big but I'm thrashed.  Feel like I just ran 5 miles.  Lol

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 3

Also, another trick to speed up metabolism is a 10 minute walk right after you eat. Eat, stand up, set a timer for 5 minutes and take off walking. When the timer goes off, turn around and walk back.

• Like 1