Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

5 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

Congratulations to you and Melissa!

13 years!

• Like 4

Just trying some new things out on bench.  Still not going to push the weight up too high with my bum shoulders.  Did some pin presses today.  Watched a Josh Bryant vid where he talks about making them singles.  No storing the energy from the descent.   Says even with a long pause you are getting the benefit of 40 - 50% of the stretch reflex.  So I reset on all three reps.  Let go of bar.  Let my tightness go.  Then got tight again and performed the rep.  Actually did make it much harder.  Pins were about 2" above my chest, which is where he recommended for guys with long arms. Used a mid width grip, which seems to be easiest on my shoulders.  Pinkies just inside rings.  Actually felt better on shoulders than regular bench.  Only 255 X 3, but I want to track my progress on these.  Then press downs, some light lbh and dubhub.  Nothing more til Living Legends.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2

Just catching up here, Mike. Lots of great stuff!

Also seeing the cigarette smoke in your most recent video and realizing the dubhub will make a hell of an ashtray come November.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 4:13 PM, Anthony C. said:

Just catching up here, Mike. Lots of great stuff!

Also seeing the cigarette smoke in your most recent video and realizing the dubhub will make a hell of an ashtray come November.

Thanks Anthony!  It's a loaner.  Lol

On 9/2/2019 at 7:06 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

The pre-contest feed has begun for Living Legends.  Anniversary dinner with my wife tonight.  28oz ribeye (rare), baked tater, and sweet tater mash. Not often a steak makes me look like a middleweight.  Gotta be good for a PR or two.  That, or a myocardial infarction. 

0 0 0 IMG_60521.jpg

0 0 0 IMG_60531.jpg

You look like a 90s Tank Abbott in these shots. Were you a pit fighter in Huntington Beach Cali  in your former life? 

11 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

You look like a 90s Tank Abbott in these shots. Were you a pit fighter in Huntington Beach Cali  in your former life? 

If by pit, you mean dozens of bars in Cincinnati and Detroit, then yes lol.

Tank was fun to watch but I would have loved to throw hands with him closer to both of our primes.  One of us would have got ktfo for sure.  No decisions. 

6 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

If by pit, you mean dozens of bars in Cincinnati and Detroit, then yes lol.

Tank was fun to watch but I would have loved to throw hands with him closer to both of our primes.  One of us would have got ktfo for sure.  No decisions. 

He was my favorite one to watch when UFC was no rules and fun to watch. He was one BRUTAL SOB. I’m sure you would have held your own in your prime, though. 

12 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

He was my favorite one to watch when UFC was no rules and fun to watch. He was one BRUTAL SOB. I’m sure you would have held your own in your prime, though. 

Either way, would have been a blast.  Unless he took me down.  People forget that Tank's background was wrestling.  He would have tore me up on the ground back then.

My two worst events in the books at Living Legends and I didn't bomb out, which was my only goal.  😁 

Tomorrow the goal is to have my back hold up.  The old man is stiff and sore from that drive.  

Grippers: got 140, which is what I figured.  Don't train em.  Got what I deserved.  I believe Aaron took this event with 180 or so.

Double Hammer Slim Lever: Got the opening weight of 20lbs, which turned out to be pretty solid with the very tough setup.  3 people in Legends class did not get the minimum opener and about half the field was out after 20.  Jedd and Luke tied for the win with 27.5.  Very tough.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

My two worst events in the books at Living Legends and I didn't bomb out, which was my only goal.  😁 

Tomorrow the goal is to have my back hold up.  The old man is stiff and sore from that drive.  

Grippers: got 140, which is what I figured.  Don't train em.  Got what I deserved.  I believe Aaron took this event with 180 or so.

Double Hammer Slim Lever: Got the opening weight of 20lbs, which turned out to be pretty solid with the very tough setup.  3 people in Legends class did not get the minimum opener and about half the field was out after 20.  Jedd and Luke tied for the win with 27.5.  Very tough.

Gonna tell you like I told joe. 

Imagine this being said By mickey goldmill. Stop  messing around. 

29 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Gonna tell you like I told joe. 

Imagine this being said By mickey goldmill. Stop  messing around. 

You got heart, but you fight like a god-damn ape. The only thing special about you is ya never got your nose busted - well, leave it that way, nice and pretty, and what's left of your mind.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

You got heart, but you fight like a god-damn ape. The only thing special about you is ya never got your nose busted - well, leave it that way, nice and pretty, and what's left of your mind.

Yas! 

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of thick bar yesterday. 

Lots of pinch today.

Then a bunch of these lefty.  Would love to lift this with both the right and left.

• Like 2

Not far away at all with that off-hand!

My best to date is still knee level. Lots of times it doesn’t see air, though. I’ll get that booger eventually. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ran through the KK events today to see where I was at and figure out my attempts: 

2.5" Titan Handle: Got 190 really easy.  Very comparable to a Crusher.  All the Inch work has helped.  Hoping for something between 190 and 200.

1HP on 50mm Pinch Block: Got 104.2 twice.  I'm usually good for 8-12 lbs more on the flask.  It has much sharper edges and I'm stronger at 2.25" than 2".  Probably open around this weight.

LBH: Got 215.  Such a crap shoot with this thing.  I could end up with anywhere from 190 - 230.  I'll come in conservative and see how it feels.

Shallow Dubhub: Got 70 and shut it down.  Same as LBH.  One day I'm good for a ton, the next I struggle mightily with 65.  I'll be happy with anything around 70, but could end up with a lot less or a LOT more.

• Like 3

That’s a crazy lift on that Titan handle, I need to buy one! 

How do you think it compares to the Trilobite? 

How many more lbs could you get on a seasoned crusher? 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FrankSobotka said:

That’s a crazy lift on that Titan handle, I need to buy one! 

How do you think it compares to the Trilobite? 

How many more lbs could you get on a seasoned crusher? 

I think this is pretty close to a crusher.  Maybe a couple pounds harder. 

I've never tried a trilobite, but from the videos I've seen, the Titan handle is probably easier.  The trilobite seems to spin the most freely of any handle on the market.

CEO, Awesome pull! IMO, Titan handles are the most difficult  due to slick surface. Trilobite handles are 3-5 lbs harder than Crusher due much better spin and higher lift requirement.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Looking strong dude! If we both have a good comp our relative placing in the master's division will depend on where others fill in. I'm sweating...

You've got me on my best day buddy.  You'll kill me on the crusher and lbh.  We're close on dubhub and I might sneak out a win over you on flask.  Masters is stacked.  Could have 6 or 7 members of Team AARP in the top 30.  I'll be happy with 5th - 7th masters and a top 40 overall.   Arto, Laine, and Chad will be tough, but you've definitely got a shot at a podium spot.

I've trained for this contest like no other, and I'm still not going to have a shot at top 4.  Lol.  

My predictions:

Chad, Arto, Laine (is he competing), Steve Millard, Mike Thomas, Steven Falke, Rindo.

I think the top 4 could finish in any order depending on local conditions, especially if someone messes up. Same with 5 - 7.  

Plus, we might all get surprised. I'm not sure if any grip monsters turned 50 since last year.  Definitely the most stacked masters field in KK history.

But anyway it goes, I should not even be on your radar.  

Of course, a couple guys decide not to compete, and you might win it all.  

Edited by Mike Rinderle

35 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

You've got me on my best day buddy.  You'll kill me on the crusher and lbh.  We're close on dubhub and I might sneak out a win over you on flask.  Masters is stacked.  Could have 6 or 7 members of Team AARP in the top 30.  I'll be happy with 5th - 7th masters and a top 40 overall.   Arto, Laine, and Chad will be tough, but you've definitely got a shot at a podium spot.

I've trained for this contest like no other, and I'm still not going to have a shot at top 4.  Lol.  

My predictions:

Chad, Arto, Laine (is he competing), Steve Millard, Mike Thomas, Steven Falke, Rindo.

I think the top 4 could finish in any order depending on local conditions, especially if someone messes up. Same with 5 - 7.  

Plus, we might all get surprised. I'm not sure if any grip monsters turned 50 since last year.  Definitely the most stacked masters field in KK history.

But anyway it goes, I should not even be on your radar.  

Of course, a couple guys decide not to compete, and you might win it all.  

sanbaggers.jpg.d5c7d0382184c528a84b11e239dc6907.jpg

• Haha 1

Mike(Sandbagger), you have an excellent chance at top 3!! I will finish last of those older men you mentioned.

3 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

I'm most curious about Chad. I've seen him walk with the pinched Yorks , a stone ring lift and his axle from Mighty Mitts but nothing on the LBH and Crusher. Is he lifting at Jedd's?

Yea.  He's done over 300 on the old RT.  

3 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Hey! Chad and his 9" hands are not yet 50.

I thought he was in his 50s for sure, but I guess he’s 45? Learn something new every day!

13 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Hey! Chad and his 9" hands are not yet 50.

Sweet!  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Mike(Sandbagger), you have an excellent chance at top 3!! I will finish last of those older men you mentioned.

Barring someone bombing in an event, which is something I would never want to happen, there is no reality where I beat Arto, Laine, or Steve.  I'm totes ok with that.  No shame finishing behind any of you guys.  I just love the fact that so many of us are still competitive.  

• Like 1