Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

5 hours ago, Shoggoth said:

I don't think mine are much better. Remember I took a year away from standard benching due to my shoulder as well lol

We should go down to Texas, get  @EricMilfeld drunk, and steal his.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I like the get me drunk part.

• Like 1

And also the you guys coming down to Texas part.

• Like 2

Fun day.  Jedd and I met halfway at Paul Linn's gym in Harrisburg PA.

Since I hadn't touched a 2 3/8 axle in over 10 years and had never touched a saxon bar or an fbbc anvil, it was nice to play with them and get some experience.   I think I got 310 on the axle (300 thumbless), 245 on 2.5" saxon (stopped there because my thumb skin started to tear slightly)(Jedd got 285), and 231 on fbbc anvil.  Then we had a lift off with the shallow dubhub and tied with 70.7.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 5

Mighty fine liftin’!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Mighty fine liftin’!

Thank you sir!

• Like 1

Pretty beat up from yesterday's marathon training session with Jedd, but I had to try the new Inch trainer he lent me.  Put some tape on the loading pins to keep the plates from spinning freely.  Still doesn't have quite the rotation of a real Inch.  

I got 3 lifts all about 2/3 of the way up with 172.  As sore as my forearms were, I'll take it.  With a couple days rest, I think I'm good for this and maybe a few lbs more.

• Like 2

Benched 205 X 10 with 0 pain.  That was nice.

Then hit the Inch trainer.  Lots of Gorilla tape on loading pins keeps the plates from spinning.  Took me 30 minutes to get the plates on the damn bar.  Lol

Anyway got my first full lifts with 172.3. 

Then did some rows with it.  127.5 x 8 rt and 4 lft.

• Like 1

Fantastic news about the pain-free benchin’!

And very strong Inch work!

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Fantastic news about the pain-free benchin’!

And very strong Inch work!

Thanks buddy!  Thatwas the best part about theworkout.

• Like 1

Back day.  Was disappointed with the rows, but I was pretty torched from the axle deads.

• Like 3

Wow! Strong workout! 530💪🏻

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EricMilfeld said:

Wow! Strong workout! 530💪🏻

Thanks bruddah man!

• Like 1

Haven't done anything for several days.  Wife had a bit of a medical emergency so was at hospital most of the time since Saturday.  She's back home now, so will get back at it in the next day or two.  Guess I wasn't eating much.  Lost about 8 lbs.  Whatcha gonna do....

• Sad 1

Glad she’s doing better and back home. 

• Thanks 1

My gym (or the rest if my life) is certainly no example of tidyness but looks like your shed could use a recycling bin😉

• Haha 1

Finally got a chance to get out in the gym.  Horrible grip workout.  But 80% humidity and 8 or 9 days off probably don't help.

Did test my max strict curl afterwards.  Pretty happy with a new PR.  My goal has always been 150 on these.  I suck at curls so I will take this as a huge victory. 

• Like 2

Shoulders felt decent so I benched a little.   I haven't done any heavy singles in ages (and still haven't 😂) but I did work up to a single with 275.  I wasn't thrilled with the speed, but it did go up fairly smooth without any stalls.  That's the first time I've tried anything over 225 in ages, so I'll take it.  Not a ton of pain but feeling it this evening a bit.

Shoulder prehab.

Bench: Bar X 20, 95 X 10, 135 X 8, 185 X 3, 225 X 3, 250 X 1, 275 X 1, 185 X 12

2.5" Titan Handle up to 186 righty PR and 161 lefty.

Dumbzilla holds.

YARDIO

• Like 2

That’s really impressive benching for never getting to really train it!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

That’s really impressive benching for never getting to really train it!

Thanks buddy, but let's keep this in perspective.  That's my bodyweight and you could do it for a set of 15!  😂

Nope. 275 I can only do 10 times. 😆 So my compliment stands. 

• Haha 1

Bench: Shoulders were hurting today and just wouldn't let up, so I only worked up to an easy triple with 255.  Had a couple in the tank.

Then I did some shallow dubhub holds.  Worked up to 3 x 4-5 seconds with 65 lbs.

Less humid than it has been, so I hit the 1H Thumb Blaster.  PRd left and right.  Left 98.  Rt 101.  Definitely more in the tank righty, but my thumb skin was screaming.   

• Like 4

The pre-contest feed has begun for Living Legends.  Anniversary dinner with my wife tonight.  28oz ribeye (rare), baked tater, and sweet tater mash. Not often a steak makes me look like a middleweight.  Gotta be good for a PR or two.  That, or a myocardial infarction. 

0 0 0 IMG_60521.jpg

0 0 0 IMG_60531.jpg

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 7