Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

17 minutes ago, FrankSobotka said:

@Mike RinderleHow do you do rows with the NN? Just stand the same way and row it instead of a deadlift? 

Yea.  Just bent over rows with NN instead of a barbell.  Same stance with feet.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Yea.  Just bent over rows with NN instead of a barbell.  Same stance with feet.

I’ve been thinking about hitching it on a barbell and doing landmine rows with it.

Wonder if Luke would make a parallel handle for the rollers like the Country Crush 

Ran through NAGS events up to approximate openers.  No SB.  Hurts my bad shoulders too bad and I'm fighting a lil tennis elbow.  Then I almost got a 25kg and 45 lb plate with off hand.  Right thumb skin is still too tender.

2hp: 180

2 3/8 NN: 365

2.5" SLUG: 220

Then:

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 4:52 PM, FrankSobotka said:

I’ve been thinking about hitching it on a barbell and doing landmine rows with it.

Wonder if Luke would make a parallel handle for the rollers like the Country Crush 

Edited by Guest

Just general grip trainging last few days.  Still haven't touched any grippers to train for silver bullet.  My shoulders hurt for days after setting big grippers and I've been battling some tennis elbow on my right side, so I'll probably just grese the groove with a couple #3 holds 3 or 4 days out.

Wife talked me into going to get an artery scan the local hospital does for free.  Some good news.  Some not great.

BP was 144 / 100 but, while it is normally on the high side (why I take meds), I always panic a little right before they take it for some crazy reason.  So it may have been a little raised from that.  It's usually in the 135 /90 range at home.

Aorta was clear as a bell.

Leg arteries and veins were good as well

30-40% blockage of both carotid arteries with plaque build-up, which is considered mild but concerning.  Probably have another 5 - 10 years in me unless A) something breaks off and I stroke out or B) the arteries around my heart are worse.  It isn't super uncommon in guys over 50.  Especially those that hit the quadfecta like me (overweight, smoke, have high BP, family history of heart attacks and strokes).  Hey, at least I don't have high cholesterol.  :laugh 

I did learn that the BP meds may not be working as well as they could because of the very high amount of Naproxin I take to get through the day (880mg).  Apparently NSAIDs counteract a lot of blood pressure meds, including mine.  Maybe I'll switch to heroin or Oxycontin.  That should also lower my BP.  :sleeping:

All in all, I'll take it.  I haven't treated the old body very well.  Lots of hard mileage.  I'm just glad they didn't say, "we're scheduling you for a quadruple bypass.  HAHAHA

I'll get the full report from my doctor in the next couple weeks and have him tell me to quit smoking, eat better, lose weight, and start doing cardio like he does every time I go to see him.  After KK, I may strip 60 lbs off.  Probably stop smoking too and just chew more. 

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 4

I’d like to see ya go another 30, Mike. You could always do like me and smoke a pack a year. That way you stay healthy and get a really fun buzz and start talking nonsense a mile a minute. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, EricMilfeld said:

I’d like to see ya go another 30, Mike. You could always do like me and smoke a pack a year. That way you stay healthy and get a really fun buzz and start talking nonsense a mile a minute. 

80 ain't happening, but 66 would set a new Rindo record.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

80 ain't happening, but 66 would set a new Rindo record.  

Bust that record!

Last heavy workout before NAGS.

2 3/8 NN: Up to 370 and then did my max from last years comp (329) for a set of 8.

Axle Curls: first curls since biceps Rhabdomyolysis almost a year ago.  Worked up to 120 for a 2X2.  It's a start.

Wrist curls with the thumb blaster.

• Like 2

Great progress from last year’s NAGS!

• Thanks 1

Another Awesome day yesterday at NAGS.  Other than I just can't figure out 2HP to save my life.  🤷‍♂️

Silver Bullet: Got about 1.5 seconds with a 205 lb #4, which I think was 2nd overall.  Distant second, as Jedd held it over 30 seconds. Short hold with the 4 was the goal going in.  Didn't train it so very happy.

2 3/8" NN: Got 360, which was a new Masters WR.  I left a little on the table here.  Had hit 372 in training so I jumped to 370.  Nope.  365 woulda gone.  Brand new implement and handles.  That fresh paint made the spin quite a bit faster than my rusty NN at home.  31 lb contest PR so happy after event 2 for sure.  Eric won the event with around 440.  He went for a new world record on his last attempt but couldn't quite get it.

2HP: I just suck at this event in contests.  Have been consistently pulling 210-215 at home.  Everything felt great.  192 went up so easy, I had visions of 220.  Jumped to 202 for my second attempt and missed it 3 times. 🤦‍♂️ lol.  I am right around 110 both right and left, but my brain just can't figure how to put it together. Jedd, of course, won.

2.5" Jug: Hit 233 easy.  Should have taken a 5 lb jump, but Arto's masters WR was 242.51, so I jumped to 243.9 so I'd have two attempts at it. Nope.  Air both times but not to be.  Still a 14 lb contest PR, so cant be upset with that. Luke, missing skin on his pinky won this event.

Medley:  Was a blast.  Got 18 out of a possible 20 points.  Jedd, Eric, Justin, and Luke got 20 for the win.

Final standings:

Jedd, Eric, Luke, Justin, Joe, Me.  All 5 of those guys are beasts and all beat me on my best day 99% of the time, so I finished right where I should have.  

I got masters #1.

Vinnie won most inspirational lifter.

USA topped Canada to take the cup until next year.

Awesome seeing everyone and congrats to Jedd!

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Great job Mike! Hopefully I can make it next year and you'll have figured out the euro by then 🤔

5 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

Great job Mike! Hopefully I can make it next year and you'll have figured out the euro by then 🤔

You were missed buddy!  Doubtful on Euro.  It's been 10 years now.  Lol

4 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Another Awesome day yesterday at NAGS.  Other than I just can't figure out 2HP to save my life.  🤷‍♂️

Silver Bullet: Got about 1.5 seconds with a 205 lb #4, which I think was 2nd overall.  Distant second, as Jedd held it over 30 seconds. Short hold with the 4 was the goal going in.  Didn't train it so very happy.

2 3/8" NN: Got 360, which was a new Masters WR.  I left a little on the table here.  Had hit 372 in training so I jumped to 370.  Nope.  365 woulda gone.  Brand new implement and handles.  That fresh paint made the spin quite a bit faster than my rusty NN at home.  31 lb contest PR so happy after event 2 for sure.  Eric won the event with around 440.  He went for a new world record on his last attempt but couldn't quite get it.

2HP: I just suck at this event in contests.  Have been consistently pulling 210-215 at home.  Everything felt great.  192 went up so easy, I had visions of 220.  Jumped to 202 for my second attempt and missed it 3 times. 🤦‍♂️ lol.  I am right around 110 both right and left, but my brain just can't figure how to put it together. Jedd, of course, won.

2.5" Jug: Hit 233 easy.  Should have taken a 5 lb jump, but Arto's masters WR was 242.51, so I jumped to 243.9 so I'd have two attempts at it. Nope.  Air both times but not to be.  Still a 14 lb contest PR, so cant be upset with that. Luke, missing skin on his pinky won this event.

Medley:  Was a blast.  Got 18 out of a possible 20 points.  Jedd, Eric, Justin, and Luke got 20 for the win.

Final standings:

Jedd, Eric, Luke, Justin, Joe, Me.  All 5 of those guys are beasts and all beat me on my best day 99% of the time, so I finished right where I should have.  

I got masters #1.

Vinnie won most inspirational lifter.

USA topped Canada to take the cup until next year.

Awesome seeing everyone and congrats to Jedd!

Glad I checked this section.... didn’t see this in the trip reports. Nice write up, Miguel!

Btw: weighed in at a svelte 283, which was another big PR for me.  😁

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Broke out the 2" NN today.  Rep PR with 400.  Followed up with 300 x 10 NN Rows, but had a camera blooper.  Ya can hear the last 7.  Lol

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

@Boulderbrew

Good job Mike! I wish I could make that doorknob grip work for me. Just feels way too awkward...its clearly the best way though

9 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

Good job Mike! I wish I could make that doorknob grip work for me. Just feels way too awkward...its clearly the best way though

Same, I was psyched at first and hoped it would give a nice boost but my doorknob lift is like 10% lower than regular. Such a weird device. 

11 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

Thanks Tanner.  Took me awhile to figure it out.  Biggest problem with this grip is skin tears.

1 minute ago, Climber028 said:

Same, I was psyched at first and hoped it would give a nice boost but my doorknob lift is like 10% lower than regular. Such a weird device. 

My regular hub is so bad that I really had no choice.  So I just kept messing with the doorknob grip til I figured it out.

9 hours ago, WestSlope said:

Woah! Dude, you are killing the shallow hub.

Thanks man.  Just trying not to finish 87th in this lift like I did on the moon drop last year. 😂

I think this is the first time I've done more than 360 on an actual 2" axle.  Got it on a 1.9" pipe axle before.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Shoggoth said:

NOICE!!!

Thank you kind sir!