Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Sunday Funday.  Finally some nice weather. 

2 3/8" NN Near miss with 370 and got 333 to height thumbless.

Then I went to work on the blobs.

Worked up to a few high pulls on the fatman.  Couldn't quite get it high enough to flip it over for a clean.  Got a 3 finger lift and got big air with 2 fingers.

• Like 3

Yesterday: worked up to 3 one second SB holds with 210 lb #4.  Then my crepe paper skin tore. 

• Like 2

Hands were pretty beat up from grippers yesterday but I got a new toy from @Lucasraymond so I had to give it a go.

60mm Cannon.  Hopefully, training with this will get me something decent on the Jug at NAGS.  

• Like 2

On 3/26/2019 at 5:54 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

Yesterday: worked up to 3 one second SB holds with 210 lb #4.  Then my crepe paper skin tore. 

Great hold!  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Hands were pretty beat up from grippers yesterday but I got a new toy from @Lucasraymond so I had to give it a go.

60mm Cannon.  Hopefully, training with this will get me something decent on the Jug at NAGS.  

I find zero Difference in the difficulty between the two and three eights inch and the 2.5 inch jug. Exactly the same, in fact I actually thought I did better with a 2.5 inch jug than the 2 3/8 inch canon

Edited by Guest
Voice command spelling

4 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I find zero Difference in the difficulty between the two and three eights inch and the 2.5 inch jug. Exactly the same, in fact I actually thought I did better with a 2.5 inch jug than the 2 3/8 inch canon

Cool.  Hopefully I won't embarrass myself at NAGS then.  Lol

25 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Cool.  Hopefully I won't embarrass myself at NAGS then.  Lol

Nope, 100% you won’t. I don’t know if I’m doing nationals this year. We shall see. But I can tell you, the 2.5 actually felt better to me than the 2 3/8. I got over 250 with it at KK... can’t remember the exact number 

Brutalized myself at Jason Otto's place Saturday.  Still hurting today.  Plus I'm missing a chit ton of skin.  So I just worked up to a couple easy sets of 5 with the AASS Cannon and called it a day.  

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 4:54 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

Strong crush, Mike!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Strong crush, Mike!

Thanks buddy! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

115, 200, 77, 235

2 3/8 NN: Worked up to 371

LBH: A good number

3" pinch up to 101 with left hand

The height marker is at 7" so I'm pretty sure the 371 would have hit the 6" crossbar. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

2 3/8 NN: Worked up to 371

LBH: A good number

3" pinch up to 101 with left hand

The height marker is at 7" so I'm pretty sure the 371 would have hit the 6" crossbar. 

Solid!!! You’re still on 🔥 

Almost got these 45s with my weak hand.  Up to 100 with it on 3" pinch block.  Goal is 115 on flask lefty at KK so I keep right fresh for the other 3 events.  Hopefully don't have to pull out my right hand on the flask at all.  6 months to go.

These weigh 92 lbs and are slightly mismatched.  2.5" wide.  After 3" pinch.

• Like 2

2 3/8 NN: 375 popped out of my left hand at the top

2HP Euro: worked up to 210. 220 was stapled.  I suck

2 3/8 Cannon: lil air with 243 but no dice. 

Shallow Dubhub: worked up to 60 and stopped to protect my skin.

Planning on taking few days to a couple weeks off.  Appears I have agravated the Slap tear in my left shoulder to go along with the one that always hurts on my right.  Was high pulling about 10 bags of groceries to the counter the other day and boom.  Ancient hockey injury rearing its ugly head. Sucks, because I'm not able to sleep much because now I can't lay on either side.  Plus I'm a little overtrained I think.  Just don't feel strong on anything.  Maybe a week or two of my favorite PEDS (McDs and Krispy Kreme) will help me heal and recover.  Hopefully everything will be in tip top shape for NAGS.  Plenty of time to get my mojo back.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

2 3/8 NN: 375 popped out of my left hand at the top

2HP Euro: worked up to 210. 220 was stapled.  I suck

2 3/8 Cannon: lil air with 243 but no dice. 

Shallow Dubhub: worked up to 60 and stopped to protect my skin.

Planning on taking few days to a couple weeks off.  Appears I have agravated the Slap tear in my left shoulder to go along with the one that always hurts on my right.  Was high pulling about 10 bags of groceries to the counter the other day and boom.  Ancient hockey injury rearing its ugly head. Sucks, because I'm not able to sleep much because now I can't lay on either side.  Plus I'm a little overtrained I think.  Just don't feel strong on anything.  Maybe a week or two of my favorite PEDS (McDs and Krispy Kreme) will help me heal and recover.  Hopefully everything will be in tip top shape for NAGS.  Plenty of time to get my mojo back.

Strong workout Pinchmonster Mike! 375 NN 2 3/8” is large. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Strong workout Pinchmonster Mike! 375 NN 2 3/8” is large. 

Had I finished it...  lol

Close but no Lewinsky 

No doubt you’ll be fit as a fiddle before NAGS!

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently God's just going to keep letting me mess up my hands until I'm competing with stumps at NAGS.  Going to definitely lose that nail.  Was doing pinch holds / negatives lefty, at the end of my workout with two 25kg plates.  They started slipping and I followed em down.  One bounced back and smoked my nail.  Reason 319 why I hate the metric system.  

20190517_133809.jpg

20190517_134132.jpg

• Sad 2

Been 6 days since I shredded the skin on my right thumb.  Tested it out today with no bandaids:

2 3/8" NN: Rows up to 300 X 3.  Then 3 traditional singles at 360.

2.5" Slug: Up to an easy single with 243.8.  Felt like I had 5 - 10 more in me, but the fresh skin was getting hot and I shut it down there.

• Like 5