Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Quick LBH workout.

Good up to 215.4 lbs

Got decent air with 220.6 before I lost it.

• Like 2

Today:

LBH: Not tellin 😉

Shallow Hub: Not tellin 😉

Wrist Wrench up to 90 + and then a bunch of reps with each hand.

30 minutes of blobzilla work. First air ever. Just a smidge.  But air nonetheless. 

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2

Blobzilla air is really impressive!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Blobzilla air is really impressive!

Thanks buddy.  Won't be long now.  That and the Inch are this year's goals.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Thanks buddy.  Won't be long now.  That and the Inch are this year's goals.

I see both of those going down easily!

My Inch should arrive this week. I really think I have a shot of lifting it  straight out of the box. With chalk, though. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

My Inch should arrive this week. I really think I have a shot of lifting it  straight out of the box. With chalk, though. 😂

That’d be freaking awesome! Video the unboxing for sure. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

You are cheating the feat!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Where did you buy the inch from? I was thinking about getting one and just staring at it for 3 years. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mike Rinderle said:

You are cheating the feat!

He will be in just his ginch though, or at least that's what I'd assume to do it right.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, FrankSobotka said:

Where did you buy the inch from? I was thinking about getting one and just staring at it for 3 years. 

It’s a Sahlaney Inch I bought through Fat Bastard Barbell. I have one of his 125 dumbbells and love it. Very high quality!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, FrankSobotka said:

Frank,

If you would like somebody to make sure it is liftable, I could hang onto it for a month or two for ya.  :D

Today:

LBH:  Worked up to 5 sets of two with 200.  The work begins...

• Like 2

Yesterday:  Blobzilla, wrist wrench, and a short lbh session. 

Today: 2" v-bar up to 270 X 3.

• Like 3

Still pretty wasted from my session up at York Barbell Saturday.

Short LBH session. 

Then worked up to a new PR on the AA Shallow Hub.  65.3 lbs.  Think I was good for a little more, but I'm trying to learn to stop before my skin tears.

• Like 2

First time ever training with an actual Euro. THANKS @Lucasraymond !

Worked up to 215 where, like every time I've touched a Euro or flask, my skin tore.  Technique definitely needs work and I need to toughen up the skin.  I've only ever done 2hp on a euro a few times, so hopefully I get some noob gains from technique improvements. Only ever used a block to train 2hp and not a ton of that.

Hoping to be at 230 by Nationals.

Bunch of blob work with left hand after that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

First time ever training with an actual Euro. THANKS @Lucasraymond !

Worked up to 215 where, like every time I've touched a Euro or flask, my skin tore.  Technique definitely needs work and I need to toughen up the skin.  I've only ever done 2hp on a euro a few times, so hopefully I get some noob gains from technique improvements. Only ever used a block to train 2hp and not a ton of that.

Hoping to be at 230 by Nationals.

Bunch of blob work with left hand after that.

That’s solid, man!!

2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That’s solid, man!!

Meh.  Given my 1hp with either hand, it should be a lot higher.  Just gotta put the work in to dial in my technique. 

12 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Meh.  Given my 1hp with either hand, it should be a lot higher.  Just gotta put the work in to dial in my technique. 

Doesn’t work that way. With the 2 hands equaling the sum of both 1 hand. Would be nice if it did l. Just like both our rolling thunder hands added won’t equal our axle. I should be well over 440 if that was the case for 2 inch axle 

21 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Doesn’t work that way. With the 2 hands equaling the sum of both 1 hand. Would be nice if it did l. Just like both our rolling thunder hands added won’t equal our axle. I should be well over 440 if that was the case for 2 inch axle 

Actually it does for 2hp.  Your 2hp should be more than twice your 1hp because you can torque into it.  Look at everyone's 2hp numbers vs their 1hp.  Totally different than thick bar.

1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Actually it does for 2hp.  Your 2hp should be more than twice your 1hp because you can torque into it.  Look at everyone's 2hp numbers vs their 1hp.  Totally different than thick bar.

Hmmmmm interesting 

3 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I’m still a new guy... I guess you are right , I can definitely see that for sure.

5 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Well Miguel... you TORQUED ME INTO IT! 🤡

4 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

This is definitely true for me. I can pretty consistently hit 180 on the flask two handed but only 85/75 on a good day one handed. I feel like the ability to torque into the implement makes it less of a friction lift which is why my two handed lifts are more consistent.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

This is definitely true for me. I can pretty consistently hit 180 on the flask two handed but only 85/75 on a good day one handed. I feel like the ability to torque into the implement makes it less of a friction lift which is why my two handed lifts are more consistent.

The counter torque increases the normal forces on each side of both hands, that's why most people can lift more than 2x their single hand. It's still the same coefficient of friction, it just simulates a higher clamping force in each hand. 

• Like 2

I'm one of the strange people where my combined 1HP (116 RH, 103 LH) is barely less than my 2HP (227)....hoping I can get that to change here in the next few months. 

• Like 1