Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

47 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

But very close. A little contest adrenaline may give it to you!

Hope so.  If Silver bullet beforehand doesn't cripple me.  Lol

• Like 1

Broke out the Titan 2.5" rotating handle yesterday.  My thumbs have been feeling like crap, so I worked up to a couple thumbless PRs.  160 lefty and 168 righty.

Wife and son have been sick with the crud for a week.  Thought I escaped it this time around.  Nope.  Woke up feeling like death this morning.  Hopefully I can get over it by next Saturday.

• Like 1

Ok, pinch is back.  Took some Mucinex for the cold and headed to the shed for final heavy pinch work before contest next Saturday. 

Worked up to a PR single with 96.2 on the BB clone and had 97.5 slip out about half way up.  

• Like 2

Doubt this will get approved.  But literally no idea why.  Lol

Anyway.  Best of strength boys.

Rindo out.

000000000000000101.jpg

Just when you thought it was safe... I'm out of purgatory.  LOL. 

Pretty much going to take it easy for the next few days leading up to The St. valentine's day Masacre and hope this cold runs its course by then.  I've put a lot of time and effort training for this one, so I hope I'm at 100% when the bell rings.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Just when you thought it was safe... I'm out of purgatory.  LOL. 

Pretty much going to take it easy for the next few days leading up to The St. valentine's day Masacre and hope this cold runs its course by then.  I've put a lot of time and effort training for this one, so I hope I'm at 100% when the bell rings.

I’m thinking of throwing my hat in the ring, regardless of my injury. Not sandbagging here.... just will feel like crap if I miss it.

Just now, Joseph Sullivan said:

I’m thinking of throwing my hat in the ring, regardless of my injury. Not sandbagging here.... just will feel like crap if I miss it.

It will be less fun without you. 

Just chilling until the contest Saturday.  Hoping this cold runs its course before then.  I've really focused on Blockbuster and Napalm's Nightmare the last few months, so those are the only two events I really have a goal for. 

Blockbuster:

• Stretch goal: 100 lbs
  • Happy with: 95 lbs
  • Will be disappointed with anything under 90.

Nightmare:

• Stretch goal: 440
  • Happy with 430
  • Diasappointed with anything under 420.

The rest of the events:

Silver Bullet: Who knows?  Only ever touched it 4 times and I don't train grippers.  Depending on how hard the #4 is that they send and how much I fumble around with the bullet, I'm hoping for 1 second with that.

1H NN:  No idea.  Never touched one.  Somewhere between 160 and 190???

LBH:  Only tried one once a year ago.  Thinking somewhere between 160 and 190???

Edited by Mike Rinderle

51 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Just chilling until the contest Saturday.  Hoping this cold runs its course before then.  I've really focused on Blockbuster and Napalm's Nightmare the last few months, so those are the only two events I really have a goal for. 

Blockbuster:

• Stretch goal: 100 lbs
  • Happy with: 95 lbs
  • Will be disappointed with anything under 90.

Nightmare:

• Stretch goal: 440
  • Happy with 430
  • Diasappointed with anything under 420.

The rest of the events:

Silver Bullet: Who knows?  Only ever touched it 4 times and I don't train grippers.  Depending on how hard the #4 is that they send and how much I fumble around with the bullet, I'm hoping for 1 second with that.

1H NN:  No idea.  Never touched one.  Somewhere between 160 and 190???

LBH:  Only tried one once a year ago.  Thinking somewhere between 160 and 190???

I predict 200 for the one hand nightmare and 185 for LBH for you!  430-450 depending on order of it for NN  and I predict a #4 hold of 2 seconds for you and 98 on BB

Edited by Guest

Fun contest.  For once I was in it 'til the end.  Was actually beating Luke until the last event.  Unfortunately for me, that event was the LBH.  Luke set a new world record.  3rd place overall.

Will give a full write up tomorrow.  Been up since 3am.  😴

• Like 3

Good day yesterday.   Feeling it today.  It was really fun to be actually competing with Jedd and Luke on the lifts.  Usually I'm done with my attempts before they start warming up.  Lol.  Guess training really does pay off.  🤷‍♂️

On the road at 4:15 AM for the 5 hour drive.

Silver Bullet: The #4 IM sent was just a little too much for me.  Couldn't quite get it locked down for a micro hold.  Settled with 12.35 seconds on a 3.5.  Points wise, I believe 3 of us tied for 2nd.  Jedd was the only one that was able to get the 4.  I think he did 22.  Contest PR for me since I had never done it before. Lol

One Hand Nightmare: Jedd and Luke rate this 2 3/8 spinning handle as easier than 2.5 crusher but harder than an RT.  So I was really happy to get 195.63.  Missed 201.  Tied for 2nd with Luke behind Jedd.  Contest PR as I had never touched 1.  Lol

IM Blockbuster: This was the event I had focused on in my training and it really paid off.  The one second hold at the top was really hard and threw me off a little, but I was still able to tie Jedd and Luke for 1st with a 92.85 lb lift.  Contest PR as that's the first time I've actually touched a real Blockbuster.  I was getting 96 in training, but that was without the 1 second pause at lockout before the down signal.

2" Napalm's Nightmare: Old man was getting tired by this point.  Lol.  Still did pretty well though.  Was able to get 420.12, which was good for 2nd place behind Jedd.  He killed it with 490.  That's a 38 lb PR over last year.  16 below my best training number fresh, so was really happy.

LBH: Coming into this event, I was in 2nd place and beating Luke by a little.  Unfortunately for me, LBH is Luke's Jam.  He set a new World record with I think 244.80???  Incredible lift.  I ended up with 191.19, which was a 21 lb contest PR.  Ilifted 201 to lockout on my 3rd and 4th attempts, but couldn't get a full second pause at lockout.  They pretty much came straight up and straight back down.  Lol

Home about 10:30 PM.

It was a fun contest but long.  There was some complaining by a competitor about the tight judging and delays associated with that on almost every event, which definitely took some of the fun away from the rest of the competitors.  

I weighed in at 119.75 kg.  Had I been smart, I would have left my sweats on for weigh in and competed as a 120+ to win my division. But honestly, I wanted to go head to head with Jedd in the same weight class for our Blockbuster battle.   Couldn't beat the master, but I was able to tie him.  Of course he beat me on everything else.  Jedd's the man!

It was great seeing everyone again.  That's the real fun of these things.  I always look forward to seeing Chris and Ace Andrade.  And meeting up with Frank Snyder once a year is always a hoot.  Guy is a mutant.  Doesn't train but always does well.  It was cool to see how well the NY crew did and Jedd's young athletes did awesome.  Mike @Climber028 did great as usual.  Blast from the past seeing Eli again after about a decade.  Dude is just stupid strong. Lots of new faces that I hope to see compete at many more contests in the future.  Always great hanging with my boys Jedd and Luke.  I wish we all lived closer to each other.  The tips those two have given me over the years have been invaluable. I was just glad I finally put it all together for a day.

In the end, I got 3rd overall, 2nd in 120 kg class, and 1st in Masters (because I was the only one over 50) haha.  

Rindo out.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 8

21 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Good day yesterday.   Feeling it today.  It was really fun to be actually competing with Jedd and Luke on the lifts.  Usually I'm done with my attempts before they start warming up.  Lol.  Guess training really does pay off.  🤷‍♂️

On the road at 4:15 AM for the 5 hour drive.

Silver Bullet: The #4 IM sent was just a little too much for me.  Couldn't quite get it locked down for a micro hold.  Settled with 12.35 seconds on a 3.5.  Points wise, I believe 3 of us tied for 2nd.  Jedd was the only one that was able to get the 4.  I think he did 22.  Contest PR for me since I had never done it before. Lol

One Hand Nightmare: Jedd and Luke rate this 2 3/8 spinning handle as easier than 2.5 crusher but harder than an RT.  So I was really happy to get 195.63.  Missed 201.  Tied for 2nd with Luke behind Jedd.  Contest PR as I had never touched 1.  Lol

IM Blockbuster: This was the event I had focused on in my training and it really paid off.  The one second hold at the top was really hard and threw me off a little, but I was still able to tie Jedd and Luke for 1st with a 92.85 lb lift.  Contest PR as that's the first time I've actually touched a real Blockbuster.  I was getting 96 in training, but that was without the 1 second pause at lockout before the down signal.

2" Napalm's Nightmare: Old man was getting tired by this point.  Lol.  Still did pretty well though.  Was able to get 420.12, which was good for 2nd place behind Jedd.  He killed it with 490.  That's a 38 lb PR over last year.  16 below my best training number fresh, so was really happy.

LBH: Coming into this event, I was in 2nd place and beating Luke by a little.  Unfortunately for me, LBH is Luke's Jam.  He set a new World record with I think 244.80???  Incredible lift.  I ended up with 191.19, which was a 21 lb contest PR.  Ilifted 201 to lockout on my 3rd and 4th attempts, but couldn't get a full second pause at lockout.  They pretty much came straight up and straight back down.  Lol

Home about 10:30 PM.

It was a fun contest but long.  There was some complaining by a competitor about the tight judging and delays associated with that on almost every event, which definitely took some of the fun away from the rest of the competitors.  

I weighed in at 119.75 kg.  Had I been smart, I would have left my sweats on for weigh in and competed as a 120+ to win my division. But honestly, I wanted to go head to head with Jedd in the same weight class for our Blockbuster battle.   Couldn't beat the master, but I was able to tie him.  Of course he beat me on everything else.  Jedd's the man!

It was great seeing everyone again.  That's the real fun of these things.  I always look forward to seeing Chris and Ace Andrade.  And meeting up with Frank Snyder once a year is always a hoot.  Guy is a mutant.  Doesn't train but always does well.  It was cool to see how well the NY crew did and Jedd's young athletes did awesome.  Mike @Climber028 did great as usual.  Blast from the past seeing Eli again after about a decade.  Dude is just stupid strong. Lots of new faces that I hope to see compete at many more contests in the future.  Always great hanging with my boys Jedd and Luke.  I wish we all lived closer to each other.  The tips those two have given me over the years have been invaluable. I was just glad I finally put it all together for a day.

In the end, I got 3rd overall, 2nd in 120 kg class, and 1st in Masters (because I was the only one over 50) haha.  

Rindo out.

Wish I could have been there, bro! Sounds like it would have been a BATTLE!!! Awesome job!  I’m proud and IMPRESSED with how far you’ve come this year. Im assuming Rhabdo was your secret? Sign me up for the boost of the century!! 👊

Heck of a performance, Mike! Strong and well-balanced. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Heck of a performance, Mike! Strong and well-balanced. 

Thanks Eric!  Apparently training hard for a year makes a real difference.  Who would have guessed that?  Haha

1st overall podium finish at a Gripsport contest.  Made it all worthwhile.  

• Like 1

Great performance yesterday Mike and great meeting you - thanks again for the LBH help - look forward to seeing you again at another comp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestSlope said:

Congratulations on a great comp! Holding the 3.5 for 12 sec after hitting the 4 is impressive. 191 on the LBH without training it...wth? Please don't train it for King Kong.

Thanks!  Don't have one so everyone is safe.  Haha

Edited by Mike Rinderle

1 hour ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Great performance yesterday Mike and great meeting you - thanks again for the LBH help - look forward to seeing you again at another comp

You did great buddy.  I was impressed with the whole NY crew.  Can't wait to compete with you guys again!

• Like 1

Crazy performance,  thamks again for the reminders to slow down.  So easy to get carried away and rush things for no reason.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Crazy performance,  thamks again for the reminders to slow down.  So easy to get carried away and rush things for no reason.

You killed it again yesterday Mike.  Easy to get wrapped up in the excitement and rush.  That's what us old fogie vets are there for.  If they are giving you 60 seconds... use it. 😁

Edited by Mike Rinderle

7 hours ago, WestSlope said:

Congratulations on a great comp! Holding the 3.5 for 12 sec after hitting the 4 is impressive. 191 on the LBH without training it...wth? Please don't train it for King Kong.

Although, just lifting to a cross bar, I'm good for 200+.  Having to hold it for a full second at the top killed me.  Lol

• Like 1

Got a shallow hub from Luke to train for KK.  Have no idea what a good or bad number is on it.  Pretty sure this is the first time I've touched one unless they had one in a contest that I can't remember.  I think I've only ever done hub lifts in Medleys, so no real experience.   

Went with Shallow Hub Any Way.  Hate the lil finger tip lifts.  Decent or embarrassing: 

• Like 2

Bunch of hub n pinch work.  Then 300 X 8.9 DOT on the axle.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Bunch of hub n pinch work.  Then 300 X 8.9 DOT on the axle.

Very impressive buddy!

• Thanks 1