Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Oh, tied for 2nd overall, but lost the tie breaker due to hand size.  So 3rd place.

Hand measured at 7 13/16".  My Trump hands weren't small enough.  😄

Starting on a thick bar 50/20.

Axle: 275 lbs X 30 in 12:30.  Thumb skin felt like it might tear so shut it down there.  Would not have gotten to 50.  I'm guessing around 40 or so in 20 minutes.

No accessory work.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Whoa thats really good repping on the axle!

Thanks man.  Gonna feel that one in the morning. 😄

45 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Starting on a thick bar 50/20.

Axle: 275 lbs X 30 in 12:30.  Thumb skin felt like it might tear so shut it down there.  Would not have gotten to 50.  I'm guessing around 40 or so in 20 minutes.

No accessory work.

Nice axle work. Another axle workout you could try that I do occasionally- pick a weight 75-85% and do a rep every minute for 30-45-60 minutes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Climber028 said:

That's a cool way to get in some volume, might have to try it out

High volume in a short amount of time with a pretty high percentage of your max.  Bit of cardio in there too.  

Holy crap my forearms hurt.  Don't think they've ever been this sore.  And to think, I did it all in 12 1/2 minutes.

• Haha 1

50/20 Training session 2:

Napalm's Nightmare 2 3/8" : 275 X 42 in 20 minutes. 80% of starting max.

First 25 were done in 9 minutes.  Last 17 were hell.  Not sure I could have done a 43rd rep if I had another 20 minutes.  Brutal.

Forearms were pretty sore from the 50/20 axle session Saturday.  Looking forward to a few days off before I hit that again.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2

Forearms still fried from the two 50/20 sessions earlier in the week.

Axle: Worked up to a single with 310.  Was supposed to do 3 singles, but my hands just weren't feeling it today so I stopped after the first.  Gotta get some heat in the shed.  That axle was COLD!

Wrist Wrench: Bunch of reps up n down between 60 and 80 lbs with each hand.  Surprisingly, my left was stronger than my right today.  That's a first.  

Two days off and then another 50/20 session with the axle.

• Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:11 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

Keto:

20181022_175134.jpg

20181022_180857.jpg

You should not weight yourself after such a diner !! When do you invite me ? Looks very good !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Joefrey said:

You should not weight yourself after such a diner !! When do you invite me ? Looks very good !

Gripsters are always welcome at casa Rindo!

Bodyweight 249.4 this morning. 

Worked out on empty stomach. 

50/20: Thumbless 2 3/8" Napalm's Nightmare at Bodyweight.

250 X 70 in 20 minutes

5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 2.......

Gonna leave a mark.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Bodyweight 249.4 this morning. 

Worked out on empty stomach. 

50/20: Thumbless 2 3/8" Napalm's Nightmare at Bodyweight.

250 X 70

5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 2.......

Gonna leave a mark.

Noice!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

Noice!!!

Thanks buddy.  Tried to go for a 3rd rep on last set with a few seconds to go to get 71.  Nope.  70 was a true max in 20 minutes.  Thanks for turning me on to the 50/20!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

Noice!!!

My secret: Smoked two Newports and drank a half a pot of coffee while doing this.  

35 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

My secret: Smoked two Newports and drank a half a pot of coffee while doing this.  

I can do the coffee

• Like 1

50/20 day on axle:

Got to 275 X 32 and thumb skin tore.

My thumb skin tears whether I go high reps or heavy weight.  I hate my thumbs.  I've never gotten through a contest without them ripping bad.  This only looks like the top layer so should be good quickly.

Think I'm going to stick to thumbless for the 50/20 stuff.  We'll see.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

50/20 day on axle:

Got to 275 X 32 and thumb skin tore.

My thumb skin tears whether I go high reps or heavy weight.  I hate my thumbs.  I've never gotten through a contest without them ripping bad.  This only looks like the top layer so should be good quickly.

Think I'm going to stick to thumbless for the 50/20 stuff.  We'll see.

Strong work, Mike!  I like that you're doing the Bryce Lane 50/20 with the Axle.  That is a great method, and I have used it several times for grip-related stuff - and of course for general strength training.  I used a reduced volume version of it (just 25/20) for 2" vbar back in 2009 and had good results with it over a short 4 week period leading up to a USAWA contest.  I probably would've gone back to it a bunch more times but you know how it is.  Injuries, other training, job, etc...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bencrush said:

Strong work, Mike!  I like that you're doing the Bryce Lane 50/20 with the Axle.  That is a great method, and I have used it several times for grip-related stuff - and of course for general strength training.  I used a reduced volume version of it (just 25/20) for 2" vbar back in 2009 and had good results with it over a short 4 week period leading up to a USAWA contest.  I probably would've gone back to it a bunch more times but you know how it is.  Injuries, other training, job, etc...

Sweet.  Great to hear someone has had success with grip on this program.  Thanks Ben!

• Like 1

Last 10 days:

175 reps with approximately 80% of my max on thick bar implements for a total of 49,160 lbs.  Another 20 days to go before I test.  This is either going to make my thick bar stronger or cripple me.  Jury is still out.  

Edited by Mike Rinderle
I'm an idiot that can't spell
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Last 10 days:

175 reps with approximately 80% of my max on thick bar implements for a total of 49,160 lbs.  Another 20 days to go before I test.  This is either going to make my thick bar stronger or cripple me.  Jury is still out.  

I am looking forward to hearing what it does for your thick bar max when you test!  I'm guessing if you get the recovery time just right it will give you a 5% increase.  Which is huge.

Thumbless day on the 2 3/8" Napalm's Nightmare: 

Worked up to a fairly easy thumbless single at 337

Then tried a 20/10 with heavier weight than normal cause I was short on time.

302 (90% estimated max) X 17 thumbless in 10 minutes.  Got 15 in the first 7 1/2 minutes.  Struggled to get the last two.

• Like 1

Good morning.  27° F in the shed of tears.

2 3/8" NN on taller loading pin

Worked up to a single with 350 and then got 275 X 50 in 12 minutes.  8,7,5,5.....

Then did a bunch of sledge and wide pinch work.  Put them together by lifting half a 130lb Iron Grip Dumbell while levering a 10 lb sledge.

Finished with some extreme angle levers where you try to get the handle as close to parallel.  Love these because they make regular levers with heavier sledges feel like partials.

• Like 3

Hit it hard yesterday but I was out working in the shed this morning and thought what the heck.  Slapped the 2" handles on the NN, did a few warmups and hit 410 lbs.  Easy 10 lb pr.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Hit it hard yesterday but I was out working in the shed this morning and thought what the heck.  Slapped the 2" handles on the NN, did a few warmups and hit 410 lbs.  Easy 10 lb pr.

Impressive PR!  Your hands must be looking forward to a rest of 24 hours at least:)

• Like 1