Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

There are masters weight classes for record purposes but they typically aren't contested at individual competitions.

36 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Great vid of your son doing work!! Weight loss very impressive and remember you can still be in Masters and 105kg class at KK if you stayed at current weight

Too late. Already 238.  Bwahaha

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Gonna call you the invisible man! 

Dude, look at the pic.  15lbs up in 7 days.  Haha

Good day today at KK.  Will discuss after results come out, but I was extremely pleased.  Apparently the old man had one good day left in the tank.

Afterwards, I finally lifted the Fatman and followed it up with a double.  Fatman in left hand.  Next Gen York 50 in right.  I was missing a lot of thumb skin so the double fatman will have to wait.  Fatman is in my off hand for both of these.

Owning the Fatman

Double

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Good day today at KK.  Will discuss after results come out, but I was extremely pleased.  Apparently the old man had one good day left in the tank.

Afterwards, I finally lifted the Fatman and followed it up with a double.  Fatman in left hand.  Next Gen York 50 in right.  I was missing a lot of thumb skin so the double fatman will have to wait.  Fatman is in my off hand for both of these.

Owning the Fatman

Double

You did awesome, considering you lost a good amount of skin on the flask dude! You and @Lucasraymond got fileted pretty good!

3 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

You did awesome, considering you lost a good amount of skin on the flask dude! You and @Lucasraymond got fileted pretty good!

Fact!

Very fun day Saturday.  Did well on everything but the moon drop.  

Flask 1hp: 105.8 lbs - masters 120lb WR. I've really worked my pinch like crazy this past year and it paid off.  I think that's 8 lb better than last year. Only the 2nd time touching a flask.

2.5" crusher: 187.35 lbs - PR.  Using the Titan super slick handle to train really helped.  I had gotten 184 on that one and having a handle with texture was nice.  Only 2nd time I'd ever used a crusher.   Crusher

Moon Drop: 87th place.  Never figured out how to grip it.

2.5" Jug: 219.8 lbs. Ran out of steam. Tried to jump to 230 and missed it 3x, so I left a little on the table here, but not much.  I was whipped by this point and missing quite a bit of skin on my thumb.  Pretty happy with the result though, since I had never tried a 2.5" vertical anything before.  Plus, I haven't really trained much vertical bar lately because it aggravates my shoulder tear.

All in all, a good day with a great bunch of friends.  And that's what it's all about.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2

Just been chillaxing since KK.  I was pretty physically crushed after that one.  Doing Dan Cenidoza's Old School Grip comp on my birthday (Nov. 17) this month. 

• Two hand grip machine
  • Blobs
  • Sledge lever
  • Bar hang for time
  • HG Ring 1 arm dl

Will need to work a little on my sledge levers.  They go up quick, but I lose almost everything pretty quick too and I haven't hit a sledge in a while.  Messed around with my 10 pounder this morning and it felt heavy as crap, so i have a little work to do.  With my torn rotator cuff, it hurts like heck to hang, so I may skip that event or just hang the minimum amount I need to finish on the podium for the contest.

After that, I am going to focus almost exclusively on thick bar.  I had 3 goals when I got back into grip seriously this past year:

• Pinch two 45s -  Done
  • Lift the Fatman Blob - Done
  • Lift the Inch - I'm close, but won't be satisfied until I can get it.
  • Like 2

Prepping for the old school grip comp I'm in on the 17th.  

Several sledge lever triples with each hand using my 10lb sledge

Don't have a grip machine, so I improvised using the Napalm's Nightmare and a barbell in my half rack.  Worked up to 300 X 10.

300 X 10 NN Grip Machine

• Like 4

Broke out the 16 lb sledge.  Did lots of choked work with both hands front and back.  Best lever was righty; choked up about 3 inches.  

Then I did a bunch of block weight work. Finished the workout with a 12 second hold with Dumbzilla.  It's half of a 130lb Iron Grip dumbbell that weighs 65.4 lbs. It's 4.5" in diameter. Big chunk of iron.  

Dumbzilla for Time

• Like 1

Back has been hurting for awhile now.  Found out why.  Passed a wopper of a kidney stone yesterday.  Probably should disallow all my lifts at KK.  Competing with kidney stones had to have given me an unfair advantage. 

• Haha 2

Just some sledge work today with the 16.  My rotator cuff injury is killing me on these.  May have to go lefty.  Heck, I may just go lefty for everything.  We'll see how it feels the day of.

Haven't gotten a clean rep without dipping my arm a bit yet.  Hope it comes back before the 17th.  If I have to go lefty, I'll just do a 12 and call it a win.  Not much lefty sledge work in the past.  I can do my 10 pretty easy with my weak arm, but I have to check up a few inches to get the 16.

• Like 1

After not doing sledge work for years my strength has sure dropped with these. 

19 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

After not doing sledge work for years my strength has sure dropped with these. 

It completely disappears.  Quickly too.  But usually it comes back quick.

• Like 1

Yesterday: more prep for the Old School Comp on the 17th.

Some reps with the 10 lb sledge lefty in case my torn up right shoulder forces me to go lefty on the sledge lever.

Worked up to 350 X 1 on my ghetto grip machine:  350 X 1 on NN Grip Machine

Then I thought I'd see if my shoulder would allow me to hang from a bar.  Hurt like heck, but was able to gut it out for 1:12.  Plenty of grip left, but my shoulder was screaming no mas.  Big Boy Bar Hang

My plan is to be far enough ahead by the bar hang that I can do it true OLD SCHOOL like Vince.

1179515.jpg

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Haha 1

Last hevy pinch day before contest.

Finally cleaned dumbzilla.  Half a 130 lb iron grip dumbbell.  Got it, but phone camera malfunctioned. Tried again and ripped thumb skin.  Went inside.  Got mad.  Went back out and got it.  Uglier on second one but camera worked. 

Salty language Dumbzilla clean

Before that I got 91.6 on the thumb blaster with each hand.  157.8 on the tips blaster.

After that I did some lefty sledge work because my right shoulder is hurting so bad I'll probably have to do my comp next week entirely with my left hand. Never gotten a 16 lefty before.  Ugly, but it went.  Stamped 16.  Total weight is 18.8 lbs.  

16 pounder lefty

• Like 1

Decent 51st b-day at the old school grip comp.

Grip machine: 280 - 2nd

Blobs: half a hundy - 2nd

Sledge: 16 lb - 1st.  All I needed for win so didn't even touch the 20

Bar hang: suprised myself with 1:58.  I believe that was 4th

Ring deadlift: 360.  2nd.  Hands had pretty much stopped working after that hang.  Tore my skin bad in 3 places on the 360 and John looked unbeatable on this event, so I called it quits right there.

For a bunch of events I don't specialize in, I was pretty happy, although I would have been happier had I won.  Lol

Great time meeting new friends.

Now it's time for a long break!

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 6

Congrats and happy birthday

• Thanks 1

Mike Rinderle is still my hero in grip!

• Haha 1