Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Ok, let's get this rolling.  No training today.  Weighed in at 233.  All my grip lifts are above where they were when I weighed 275 a few months ago.  Apparently weight isn't the best way to create a grip formula.

Diet: Basically Keto with a 6 hour eating window.  Other than my bulletproof coffee every morning, I only eat between noon and 6pm.  I eat as much as I want during that period, but net carbs are under 20g per day.

I have a cheat day (or weekend) every two to three weeks.  My weight spikes between 9 and 12 lbs every time I cheat due to the muscle glycogen replenishment and the 3 grams of water every gram of glycogen pulls into the muscle with it.  Usually takes 4-6 days to drop that and then I lose another 3-5 lbs off my PR before cheating again.  Last cheat was a 36 hour cheat on a trip to Cincinnati.  During that period I had 16 cheese coneys from Skyline, two hotfudge sundaes from Graeter's, and a trip to Frisch's Big Boy for an all you can eat breakfast bar.  Was up 11.8 lbs the morning after.  Haha.  Lost it in 5 days and have lost 4 lbs more in the week since then.

Total strength is down when I'm glycogen depleted, but seems to bounce back nicely for 2-3 days after I cheat.  Being very careful to stay away from high rep stuff since the Rhabdomyolysis incident.

I hope to weigh in at 220 2-3 days out from KING KONG so I can eat my way to 231 on contest day.  After that, I'd like to try and get back to 205, which is what I weighed in college.

After that, who knows? Maybe I'll take a shot at 300 again.  Tried twice, but was never able to get passed 282ish. Lol

Oh... my beard weighs at least 2 lbs now.  😁

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Donc101 said:

That’s a hellava cheat weekend! 16 coneys is impressive!

I can eat my weight in Skyline cheese coneys.  Fact

• Like 1

Still nursing my torn shoulder.

CG Bench: worked up to 185 X 9

4" Pinch Lefty: worked up to a single with 88 lbs.  88 lbs - 4" AA Pinch Block  That's the second session I've gotten 88.  90.4 keeps slipping out about 2/3 of the way up.

One hand Highland Games Ring DLs.: worked up to 400 lbs.  400 lbs HG 1H DL

Tore a callous the other day on my palm so I went with it in my fingers.  Bout all I can get in that lil ring anyway with my wide palms.  Think I'm good for about 500 on a larger diameter ring, but this is a great grocery bag carrying exercise.  Lol

• Like 2

Wow, Big Mike that is some impressive workout!! 4" pinch block amazing and you smoked the heck out of highland ring 400lb! Thanks for your comments on my pinch, appreciate it. Great job on continued weight loss

• Like 1

Last night was date night with Mrs. Rinderle so I carbed up a lil at dinner in the hopes I might need the fuel.  Alas, I ended up using it for squats today.  Lol

Raw Box squats (belt n sleevesl:  worked up to a pretty solid 175 kg.  Felt like I could have gotten a second rep, but I wanted 185.  185 ended up testing the structural integrity of my half rack.  Lol.  Next time.

175kg BS

Then I did a bunch of narrow pinch and a couple sets of plate concentration curls with a 25 lb plate.  Nothing super impressive.  Hands were pretty fried from yesterday.  Concentration plate curls

Did find out that the ring I borrowed from Jedd is only 5.25 " outside diameter.  If I can find one 6" I think I can get my whole hand in there and bump that 400 lbs up by 50 or 100.  We'll see...

• Like 2

Squats squats and more squats  with 225 between every set of pinch.

Lots of 4" pinch lefty and 2" pinch righty.

Figuring out goals for KK:

1HP Pizza wedge: 100 lbs

2.5 Crusher: 170 - 180

2.5 jug: 230 - never touched one.

Moon top: at least the weight of the pin. - never touched a new version.  Suck at the old older version the few times I've touched one.  Figure somewhere between 30 - 40.  But no idea really.

• Like 1

Weight 232.

Nasty cold so I half arsed pretty much the whole workout. No rhyme or reason to any of it really.  Surprised myself on the rows as my hands were still pretty fried from the pinch yesterday.

Some axle OHP up to 120 X 7

Pullups: few sets of 5

Dragon flags: got my first ine starting from the bottom.   Lil sloppy, but decent

One arm rows with 2.5" rotating handle:  got 131 x 11 righty x 6 lefty.

Rows

Messed around with the HG ring.  Wore a work glove to save my skin.  Got 350 and just felt so nasty from the cold that I said heck with it and called it a day.

• Like 1

Felt a little better from the bronchitis/ walking pneumonia so did some benching yesterday.  Still babying the torn shoulder.

CG Bench: 6 sets X 8 reps with 135

Then I repeatedly attempted to clean dumbzilla until I was missing most of my thumb skin.  Dumbzilla is half of a 130 lb iron grip dumbbell that is 4.5" wide and weighs 65.4 lbs.  I'm pulling it high enough for most people to clean it, but I suck at dropping under weight.  Here is the hilarity:

Repeated futility

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

Have you tried perfecting the clean technique with a lighter weight first? Or even heavier weight but with a standard handle.

3 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Have you tried perfecting the clean technique with a lighter weight first? Or even heavier weight but with a standard handle.

Naw.  Not something I would ever use except to mess around with goofy feats like this.  

This is keto, right?

Quart of Friendly's ice cream, 6 mega stufs, 4 reese's, hot fudge.  KETO!

20181009_193457.jpg

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2

So, had the horrible chest cold, then we all came down with a stomach bug, and finally my wife had major surgery last Friday.  So needless to say, no training.  On a positive note, I haven't been eating much so I'm down below 105kg for the first time in several years.  Just feel like crap overall.  Mostly from worry and no sleep I guess.  Plan is still to go up to Jedd's for KK, but that will all depend on how Mrs. Rindo is feeling. 

20181014_154501.jpg

8 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Man your weight is dooowwwwnn

34 lbs since NAGS.  45 overall. I'm a shell of my former self.  

I fear a strong breeze. 

• Like 1

Hope you and your wife feel better! I just ate half of Marionberry pie- No elbow sleeves made me hungry:)

• Like 1

Finally got a workout in. 

1H Highland Games ring dl: up to 410 lbs.  Lost a big chunk of skin on my right pinky.

Then a bunch of work with the Titan slippery 2.5" rotating handle.  Worked up to a single I was pretty pleased with and then some triples.  Finished off with a grip rush with 150 on there.  Was pretty tired, but got 6 reps and 2 or 3 that weren't to height in one minute.

Lifted block weights lefty between each rep.

Grip Rush

• Like 2

I've been using the Titan slip n slide handle exclusively and am hoping it gets me a big pr on the real one at Kings. Bummer on the skin, hope you heal up quickly.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I've been using the Titan slip n slide handle exclusively and am hoping it gets me a big pr on the real one at Kings. Bummer on the skin, hope you heal up quickly.

Yea, I'm hoping this thing is the ticket. Seems to rotate just as freely as a crusher and that enamel coating is SLICK!  Then again, with everything going on lately, I just haven't had the time to train like I usually do before a contest.  We'll see. 

Did a little vbar.  A little moon top.  Horrible.

Then worked up to a nice single on the 3" pinch block.  Dropped back down and hit an easy double with 80.4.  May have had another in the tank, but my thumb skin felt like it was going to tear.

80 x 2 THREE INCH PINCH

• Like 1

Got down to 228 on the weight, then it dawned on me that there are no weight classes for masters.  So I am now in the process of eating my way to 240 for KK.  😃

Went out to the shed this weekend and this happened.  May be the single greatest, super wide pinch feat of all time.  I'll let you guys decide.

Best ever?

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Got down to 228 on the weight, then it dawned on me that there are no weight classes for masters.  So I am now in the process of eating my way to 240 for KK.  😃

Went out to the shed this weekend and this happened.  May be the single greatest, super wide pinch feat of all time.  I'll let you guys decide.

Best ever?

Great vid of your son doing work!! Weight loss very impressive and remember you can still be in Masters and 105kg class at KK if you stayed at current weight