Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Well, the way today went, I should downgrade all numbers by 20%. Man!!! :angry: Felt good, but just couldn't make anything work. Guess I'm expecting too much this soon into my comeback. :blush

I'll just say:

160 + gripper

200 2HP

?

?

400 + on the plateau thingy.

BS. take a little time off. get into the gym on the day. you'll walk past your estimated numbers no problem.

myself, I started my psyche up last night so I can deal with you on the 16th.

Didn't want to tax the CNS at all today so I tried some new stuff instead of going for a max on everything. Contest in 8 days.

Grippers:

4 X 1 with filed 2.5 using 1" block

1 X 1 with easy #3 using 1" block

All very easy.

2HP on Climber block at 54mm:

60 1 X 2

105 X 1

140 X 1

165 X 1

Swings to eye level with 50 lbs 1 X 10 (first one real easy, last one getting tough)

Unbraced Barehand:

1" X 3/16" X 10" DU: Fail

Braced Barehand:

5/8 X 28" killed in 84 seconds. Vid in braced section.

Last grip workout before Nats:

Grippers: felt strong

169 w/ 20mm block: two vvvvvvn misses. Hopefully with contest adrenaline this one goes.

2HP on 54mm climber block:

Crappy! Thumbs need a break. Got 180 twice but not strong.

Pipe Axle from floor: 2 big PRs!:

360lb DO and 450lb alt grip. The 450 felt relatively easy, I think I have 475 in me but didn't want to push it.

Here's how close the closes were:

35closes.png

Edited by Mike Rinderle

• 2 weeks later...

Light day yesterday, just trying to recover from the contest:

DS5 shoe bend

worked up to 320 lbs on the Napalm's Nightmare.

Light day yesterday, just trying to recover from the contest:

DS5 shoe bend

worked up to 320 lbs on the Napalm's Nightmare.

Ya nothing's says recovery like bending DS5 shoes :rolleyes

Everything's relative big guy. You warm up with my max on squats. :mosher

Wednesday:

- Pulled: worked up to a max attempt at 500lbs. Stalled at my knees, which is a PR of sorts, but dang I thought I had this. Either I was still drained from the comp, or this is mental. I know I'm good for 500. It will go up soon. Can't start any diet until it is successfully lifted.

- 1" Vbar: worked up to 350, which I hopped twice but nowhere near 2". This should go in the next month or so. Left hand is way down right now. It is way more finicky than my right hand. Some days it feels real solid but then the next day 250 feels like 315.

Today:

- half coin keypinch: Made my own by drilling a hole in a quarter. First time ever trying this and it is tough. Worked up to 29 lbs righty but could only manage a full pull with 22 lbs lefty.

- Swings with Napalm's Nightmare: Worked up to 3 sets of 6 with 101 lbs.

-2HP technique work: Hands were pretty fried, but I only wanted to work on form anyway. Worked up to 3 singles with 162.5 lb to full lockouts. Then my thumb skin started hurting pretty bad so i shut it down.

Tomorrow: grippers and a barehand bend.

Saturday: 500 goes up.

Sunday: DS5 cert attempt

I would really like to do some braced bending, but money is extremely tight. We are looking at moving to a nicer condo next month and I just have no money for steel. I'll just keep working on getting stronger until I do.

Hips and Grip:

SUMO DO Axle Pulls:

110: 2 X 5

200: 2 X 3

270: 1 X 1

320: 1 X 1

370: 1 X miss about halfway up

360: WTF? Had an extra 25 on one side. :lol: :lol: :lol: Quite the blooper...

360: 1 X 1

300: 1 X 4 dead stop reps

2HP - climber block:

Worked up to 170 for a single and then did swings with 75 lbs

Griptopz: Hit the stub and half coin I made pretty hard. Then I loaded 15lbs on the half coin and did swings. Those were fun.

Two fat slick 45s 2HP for time.

That's it and that's all.

Hit some unbraced today:

Reverse:

6 X 5/16 HRS in IMPs - One hit to 50 degrees

5.5 X 5/16 HRS in IMPs - Two hits to 55 degrees (tough because I had no room for my dang hands!)

DO:

BKOAB in 1.5" wraps - From 9 degrees to 13 degrees in 4 hits

730 lb KOAB in the same wraps, just slid them on loose - 2 - 3 degree wobble in 2 hits

Not too shabby for not training DO. It should all come back quickly when I start ramping up for next year's Championships. In the meantime, I plan on continuing to improve on braced and shoes.

Pulled today:

Bar X 10

135 X 5

225 X 3

295 X 2

365 X 1

440 X 1

510 X 1 (10 lb PR)

231 KG / 510 lb pull:

http://youtu.be/Uqk0IAXHi-Q

Congrats on moving up with your pull buddy.

Thanks Jason! Our race is motivating me like I hoped it would. 550 this year. :mosher

Promised Jedd i would submit a video for all the challenges but I should have skipped the cards. I'm just terrible at them. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out the technique. So I muscle through and mangle them. Takes forever.

Anyway, bent a deck of non Bikes, but it took 2 or 3 minutes. Then I went for a deck of Bikes, which I was successfully able to tear after a several minute long battle. :blush That's the good news.

The bad news is that i lost skin on both thumbs where I pinch and I'm probably screwed for the 2HP this weekend at WSH. :cry

Promised Jedd i would submit a video for all the challenges but I should have skipped the cards. I'm just terrible at them. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out the technique. So I muscle through and mangle them. Takes forever.

Anyway, bent a deck of non Bikes, but it took 2 or 3 minutes. Then I went for a deck of Bikes, which I was successfully able to tear after a several minute long battle. :blush That's the good news.

The bad news is that i lost skin on both thumbs where I pinch and I'm probably screwed for the 2HP this weekend at WSH. :cry

I don't even understand how that happens tearing a deck.

Which goes a long way to explaining why I can't tear one.

Way to gut it out Mike! I bet you'll pull a good 2HP even with your skin tears. My thumbs end up the same as yours. Even when I was tearing a lot of decks.

So, since my hands were already torn up, and tomorrow's WSH is pretty much a wash, I decided to train anyway today.

Deck of Bikes: Failed to quarter

18" X 5/8": froze on me at 65 degrees

Tweaked my shoulder and bicep tendon a bit. Oh well, tomorrow is just for fun anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Hope things get better, when I work up to tearing decks, I'll be careful as well

• 7 years later...

Just found my original workout log on here from almost a decade ago.  Talk about a Throwback Thursday.  Yes, I was (and am) a huge Steve McQueen fan.  HAHA

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Maybe I'll revive it.

Yes! Also Bullitt is one of the all time greats!

35 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

Yes! Also Bullitt is one of the all time greats!

Chalmers: Frank, we must all compromise.

Bullitt: Bullshit

😎