Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Good job on the 300 milestone, I remember when I hit 300 my max bench increased by 40 pounds in a 6 month period. You turned that 300 bench into a smoke show.

Thanks Raymo! I think a lot of my problem was mental. Hopefully now that I've done it, I can move on quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Been awhile since I have been on the board. Don't do a ton of grip (although I can still close my 3.5 MMS), but I bent a few things since last time I was on. Glad to be back and hoping to reconnect with old friends.

CIMG05471.jpg

FBBC Insane Bastard:

FBBC Magnificent Bastard:

1st FBBC Big Sexy Bastard:

FBBC 5/16 X 7" Square:

21/64 X 7" 0-1 Drill Rod (485 lb) in IMPs:

6" Edgin:

FBBC Grand Shiny:

Red Nail Cert (have since asked to have my name taken off the roster, but I did it ;) )

Red Nail: Modified DU:

3/8 X 6" HRS in doubles:

7" X 5/16" HRS Barehand DU: http://youtu.be/BSxUW7KWQOE

Diamond Special 5 Horseshoe: http://youtu.be/yTXz-6zAJUc

Kerckhaert 8X22 SSP #2 Horseshoe: http://youtu.be/QxqKqQJ4kzU

22" X 5/8" HRS Braced: http://youtu.be/Cfw_q_JVt34

12" X 1/2" HRS Braced: http://youtu.be/j4ahAMeYvn8

In addition to those, I did a ton of IMP bends DO, Reverse, DU, Ostlund, Terminator, etc. for Battlefield certs.

Hopefully there will be more PRs to come that i can share with you guys.

Always impressive big guy. Just one of the would be a sweet milestone.

Good golly that is quite a pile of steel.

Very good to see you back Mike! You've built up one of the most impressive bending resumes around - in a relatively short time.:cool

Thanks guys! Now if I can get my grip to come around by Nationals... :unsure

Hi, Mike! You've been busy, I see... ;)

Great to see you back here, Mike! :rock

Thanks Sherry and Todd! Good to be back! :D

Mike,

If you don't mind my asking and it's not too personal... Why did you request your name to be removed from the Red Nail Roster?

Seth

Mike,

If you don't mind my asking and it's not too personal... Why did you request your name to be removed from the Red Nail Roster?

Seth

No big deal really. I took issue with the way I felt some of my friends were being treated and asked to have my name removed from the list. It's a nice milestone bend, and I was very proud of accomplishing it when I certed. Still am, just don't want my name associated with their list is all. Everyone that knows me, knows that I did it anyway, so it was more of a symbolic protest really. Just tilting at windmills as usual I guess. :rolleyes

Mike,

Seth

No big deal really. I took issue with the way I felt some of my friends were being treated and asked to have my name removed from the list. It's a nice milestone bend, and I was very proud of accomplishing it when I certed. Still am, just don't want my name associated with their list is all. Everyone that knows me, knows that I did it anyway, so it was more of a symbolic protest really. Just tilting at windmills as usual I guess. :rolleyes

Gotcha, hats off to you for opting out.

Are you no longer considering certing on the 3 this year then as well?

Nope. There are a couple gripper certs I plan to go after this year, but that won't be one of them. :)

Hey Mike ! Nice to see you back on Gripboard !!

Nice collection of bent iron ! :mosher

Keep up the hard work man !

Hey Mike ! Nice to see you back on Gripboard !!

Nice collection of bent iron ! :mosher

Keep up the hard work man !

Thanks Joefry! I missed ya brother!

I loved the vids all in one place, knowing the strength of the insane bastard bar and knowing one when I see one you are in my book an insanely strong bastard! Great Job My Friend!

I loved the vids all in one place, knowing the strength of the insane bastard bar and knowing one when I see one you are in my book an insanely strong bastard! Great Job My Friend!

Hahahaha Thanks Walter! Steel heading your way today buddy.

Was either tired from yesterday, or the SSP #1 shoe is quite a bit harder than the SSP #2. Probably a combination of the two. Kinked it, but that was about it.

Used that as my warmup and did my first pinch workout in about a year. It was pretty awful. Can still sorta pull the York 50 lb blob with my off hand, but my 2HP on the Climber Pinch Block was down about 35 lbs from my max. I will pull 200+ on the 2HP at this year's US Nationals.

Here's where I'm starting from:

http://youtu.be/zzlHwPbKf5I

Edited by Mike Rinderle

Well the SSP1 has the exact same width and thickness as an SSP2, but smaller. Carl once said that the SSP1 is the horseshoe equivalent of TNS closing a #3. I agree with him

Well the SSP1 has the exact same width and thickness as an SSP2, but smaller. Carl once said that the SSP1 is the horseshoe equivalent of TNS closing a #3. I agree with him

That explains a lot then. :laugh I will get one of these in the next few months, but it definitely surprised me.

That explains a lot then. :laugh I will get one of these in the next few months, but it definitely surprised me.

I trust you will bend it, now when the best in the east comp is over, you can give the horseshoe bending alot more time

Met up with EJ Livesley, ate a big ol burger and exchanged some horseshoes. I gave him a 5X-tra and a 000PL. He gave me a DS5, a Kerckhaert S 3, and a Delta 2.

Rushed straight home and tried all 3.

All work done on left side as last session was on right side for shoes.

- Went for the DS5 cert for Wiggy's shoe list in singles. Kinked fine, sweeped like butter, and then I just could not get it the last few degrees for the life of me.

- Then I wrapped the Kerckhart S3 up and hit that mother with everything I had in doubles. Wobbled it 5 - 10 degrees, but couldn't get it to kink.

- Then I was mad and went for the Delta 2 in doubles. Took it to 120 degrees or so and ran out of gas.

- Then I did some long bar sweep isos on the 3/4" X 37" HRS I had kinked to about 80 - 85 degrees. Both sides. No movement, but a lot of good hits. I needed to get it slightly farther to use the Wiggy chest sweep effectively, but I have a better feel for what I'm doing now.

- Now I'm really upset and I refuse to end on a miss. So I cut the last piece of 1/2" HRS to 11.75", wrap it and fight it for over 4 minutes and finish it. About 3/4" off center. Holy Jeebus my legs hurt. The crush was murder on that little sucker. Especially that far off center. Felt good to win at least one battle.

The braced bend doesn't improve me on David's braced bar cert list. Still 4th, but it puts me a little closer to Paul Knight in 3rd and a little further away from 5th. :D

Edited by Mike Rinderle

Did some sledge deadlifts to front and Weaver levers to the rear with the 8 pounder to warm up. Then I tried a Slim lever for the first time in a couple years. Went pretty easy with right and struggled but got it with the left. I then Gorilla taped two 2.5lb plates to the head of my 33.5", 8 lb sledge to make a 13lb sledge. Got the slim lever pretty easy with my right, but couldn't get it to go left. I think it's mostly a technique issue with my left as my wrists are fairly equal in that direction. Finished up by hitting some Weaver levers to the rear with 13lbs and called it a day.

Here's the 13lb Slim Lever: