Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

This mut of my boys is eating everything we have worked hard for. I just don't know what to do but keep him leashed in the house

Rico

Guest Bullitt

This mut of my boys is eating everything we have worked hard for. I just don't know what to do but keep him leashed in the house

Rico

When she was a puppy, our baby ate anything made of wood. Tobasco sauce did wonders. :whistel

So did mine. I remember a few years back when we had the lunar eclipse I went outside for about 10 minutes to watch. When I came back inside Marty dug a hole straight through my lazy-boy. He's much better now thankfully.

Guest Bullitt

Got a breath of air with Rick Walker's fatman blob today. :mosher

Bunch of blob work:

32.5 pounder both ways both hands

42.5 pounder both ways both hands

Jedd's 50lb York both hands.

Rick Walker's 50+ fatman blob for a few attempts each hand. Actually got it about a cm off the mat with my right hand.

Then I did about 20 sets of two (each hand) with the fatman slightly deloaded. I used one of Chris Dutton's bands to take a pound or two off to get it started, nothing at the top, and a little help to lower it gently. I figure I'm about 2 lbs away from getting real air with this beast. That's the first time in a while my blob work has felt really good. I'm going to bust my ass and lift this thing before the end of March.

Here was the last of the deload sets:

Nice pinchin' Mike! No doubt you'll be lifting it by March.

Guest Bullitt

Nice pinchin' Mike! No doubt you'll be lifting it by March.

Hope so. Rick says this one weighs 53.3# so if I can get it, there shouldn't be too many out there I can't lift.

Do it and take a trip to Sorinex and lift the original buddy.

Got a breath of air with Rick Walker's fatman blob today. :mosher

Bunch of blob work:

32.5 pounder both ways both hands

42.5 pounder both ways both hands

Jedd's 50lb York both hands.

Rick Walker's 50+ fatman blob for a few attempts each hand. Actually got it about a cm off the mat with my right hand.

Then I did about 20 sets of two (each hand) with the fatman slightly deloaded. I used one of Chris Dutton's bands to take a pound or two off to get it started, nothing at the top, and a little help to lower it gently. I figure I'm about 2 lbs away from getting real air with this beast. That's the first time in a while my blob work has felt really good. I'm going to bust my ass and lift this thing before the end of March.

Here was the last of the deload sets:

Now why didn't I think of that!? Awesome idea bro!

I spoke of the "DeLoad Brown" system back in March of 2004. Probably before most of you were even into grip! It helped me lift 3-25s to full lockout with each hand and worked with the inch dumbbell as well.

I knew it would help Mike out...he is right there.

Guest Bullitt

Thanks for the idea Rick. I couldn't figure out how i would do it with my setup, and then I saw Chris's bands sitting there and eureka! :laugh I like this a lot because it allows you to only give it as much help as you need at each point in the lift. For the first few sets, it was only a tiny tug to get it started and a little help to ease it back down.

Thanks Hammy! That's the goal bro. March for the fatman!

Guest Bullitt

Going to take some time off doing anything with my right arm. I hurt my elbow over the weekend and trying to ignore it and doing all the blob work Sunday and deads last night was not smart. Woke up this morning and it hurts like hell. I'm going to get some cissus and take some time off until it feels right. I'll do some stuff with the lefty to bring it up. So much for building on this gripper peak and closing the MM3 this month. :angry:

On a positive note, my new oly shoes came today. And since you don't need a good elbow to squat, I plan to do quite a bit. May go tonight if the lower back feels up to it. Missing twice at 450 DO last night on the deads really taxed it. I should probably wait, but it will be hard not to go try these bad boys out. If i do go, it will be low volume. I'm scheduled for an ME day, but we'll see how I feel.

Mike if you have what I had last summer, you won't even be able to squat, I had to quit every thing for the whole summer and just do cardio so I wouldn't go crazy. I purchased one of those tens units but I'm not sure if that helped or not. Dig up that old thread from last summer it was about tendonitus. What ever you do no thick bar or grippers, but that's just my opinion, you can take it with a grain of salt. Deep masages feel good although painfull when u touch that bone, correct? Even a finger tap sent me through the roof.

Rico

I've been fighting that same elbow crap on my left one for over 3 months. If you figure out something that works (besides complete rest) let me know. Have tried contrast baths, ice massage, heat, herbals, 2 bottles of cissus, fish oil, deep tissue massage, myofacial release, accupuncture, up to 2 weeks rest, ball rotations, foam roller, band work, extensor work, advil + tylenol, etc. and its still irritated. Havent tried TENS yet but I could. My next try was gonna be epson salt contrast baths combined with deep tissue trigger point work.

- Aaron

Aaron, I did all that stuff too till I got sick of it. In hind site. I would stick with the foam roller and masage the tendon that connects there... Or mold playdough if that don't hurt but it will. See the pics I put up in my gallery they are from my nursing A&P book, for names. But seriously anything will only make it worse. Even squats make it hurt. Like I said 8 months and you'll feel like it was just a bad dream. And if you can't sit still that long, any squeezing should only be done in the anatomical position or when your arms hang limp in a natural standing position that way your tendons do not cross wile squeezing. And gring on the injured one.

Rico

Guest Bullitt

Mike if you have what I had last summer, you won't even be able to squat, I had to quit every thing for the whole summer and just do cardio so I wouldn't go crazy. I purchased one of those tens units but I'm not sure if that helped or not. Dig up that old thread from last summer it was about tendonitus. What ever you do no thick bar or grippers, but that's just my opinion, you can take it with a grain of salt. Deep masages feel good although painfull when u touch that bone, correct? Even a finger tap sent me through the roof.

Rico

Hope not Rico. I injured it and know how I did it, but it seems to be getting worse, so it very well could be (or turn into) tendonitis. Didn't seem to bother me last night when i was doing some light good mornings to warm up. Hopefully I can at least squat, or all that pretty cardio equipment may actually get some use from me. Ugh.

I've been fighting that same elbow crap on my left one for over 3 months. If you figure out something that works (besides complete rest) let me know. Have tried contrast baths, ice massage, heat, herbals, 2 bottles of cissus, fish oil, deep tissue massage, myofacial release, accupuncture, up to 2 weeks rest, ball rotations, foam roller, band work, extensor work, advil + tylenol, etc. and its still irritated. Havent tried TENS yet but I could. My next try was gonna be epson salt contrast baths combined with deep tissue trigger point work.

- Aaron

Will do Aaron. I wish i would have iced and rested it right from the start. Now it's just inflamed and sore as hell. Going to try rest, cissus, and some very light tricep extension work to keep the blood flowing. No grippers, pinch, or axle for a while. I did axle deads and 2 pretty heavy sets of axle rows Friday after work. Then hurt it that night wrestling the covers out from under my shepherd. But I may have actually strained it working out (even though I didn't feel it at the time) and just aggravated it while fighting for warmth in the middle of the night. Either way, this is no fun.

Was it the outside of the elbow for both of you? Usually if I get pain in my elbows it is on the inside, but this is right where it attaches to the bone on the outside of the elbow.

Yep outside of the elbow where it attaches to the bone for me too. I'm pretty sure I aggravated mine doing high volume 1H axle Negs. Right side could handle the volume apparently but left one couldn't.

- Aaron

Outside on left arm and inside on right arm within the last 2 years. 8mth s healing each offense.

Rico

Guest Bullitt

I'll cut it off and go bionic before 2 months is up. No rules against bionics in grip comps is there?

"Mike Rinderle, gripster; a man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Mike Rinderle will be that man. We can make him better than he was before. Better 2HP, stronger axle deadlift, more massive crush."

You youngsters may not get the above, but anyone growing up in the 70s will. :D

steve-austin-bionic-arm1.jpg

sixmilliondollarman.jpg

That would put me at 2nd grade and I'm almost 40....

Here is the best episode reminds me of the good ol days da naa naa naa!

Rico

BIGFOOT

The fembots with their faces off gave me nightmares for years.

Rest is the best...unfortunately !

Do you guys speak about "outside" where muscles extending your arm are fixed and "inside" where the muscles involved in pinching and gripping are fixed ? Am I right ? So we speak about epicondylitis and epitrochleitis respectively I think.

I have once suffered from an epitrochleitis (inside) in my left arm (I'am right handed). I suspect it happend after using heavy grippers and especially while setting the gripper in my right hand. Despite, I continue training with weights but always felt unconfortable until pain was unbearable. I took a six months rest and then it fully recovered. I now train harder then before! But it takes time to heal. My doctor said it's because a tendinitis is like a bone fracture so it takes time to heal. Fortunately enough, it was my left hand, so I trained my right hand TNS with grippers. I also did hip belt squats because like Rico said, squatting was not possible (and I don't like leg presses). Other lifting movements involving both hands were impossible.

I know how it can be frustrating to slow down training. :angry:

I wish you a full and fast recovery Mike.

Mike,

I had elbow problems for years. They used to hurt so bad when I would rack a bench press I would sit up and just fight back tears from the deep ache.

Nothing helped them, but the doc said they wouldnt get any worse, so I pushed through and it eventually went away.

Today my elbows are good.