Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

That's correct Mike! 90 lbs at the top each 45 at the bottom.... 180/90.

Ok, the 65 looked excellent bro!! The 95 I noticed your arm motion wasn't quite straight up and down. Now, I think it's the way your bench is set up, but maybe try moving up a bit? The 135 looked like HELL for you! haha..... Remember, we're trying to build speed here dude. They were great reps, but go back and watch the 65 and 95... Much quicker. Did excellent on your 1st band workout bro! The good thing is you'll get used to them quickly and be slamming that 135 quickly in no time!

And yes, doing it with just the bar is VERY tough to balance! That's what I do for shoulder rehab except with a pvc pipe :rock.... and lighter bands.

AWESOME JOB MIKE! I can smell a 315 bench next month! Keep doing those board presses too!! Those will get you accustomed to heavier weight and help your sticking point!

Yea, the 135 was tough. :laugh I noticed it really slowed down at that point. I was grinding out the 3rd rep of both sets. Thanks again man!

Doing biceps and triceps twice a week . You were doing the Men's Health workout for beach bodies frank? HAHAHAHAHAHAH

You caught me. ROFL!

Actually, if you think about it, biceps were getting hit 3x and triceps 4x a week. And yeah, pretty much every workout was to failure.

Ok, the 65 looked excellent bro!! The 95 I noticed your arm motion wasn't quite straight up and down. Now, I think it's the way your bench is set up, but maybe try moving up a bit? The 135 looked like HELL for you! haha..... Remember, we're trying to build speed here dude. They were great reps, but go back and watch the 65 and 95... Much quicker. Did excellent on your 1st band workout bro! The good thing is you'll get used to them quickly and be slamming that 135 quickly in no time!

And yes, doing it with just the bar is VERY tough to balance! That's what I do for shoulder rehab except with a pvc pipe :rock.... and lighter bands.

AWESOME JOB MIKE! I can smell a 315 bench next month! Keep doing those board presses too!! Those will get you accustomed to heavier weight and help your sticking point!

Yea, the 135 was tough. :laugh I noticed it really slowed down at that point. I was grinding out the 3rd rep of both sets. Thanks again man!

No problem dude! Glad you liked 'em! They will help a lot!

No problem dude! Glad you liked 'em! They will help a lot!

Raw Bench,

Where can I buy some bands/

Thanks

Marc

Marc, he said these were Iron Woody bands.

I used to take my iron woody bands to the gym wit me for about 2 years. they held up fine. they're just as good as the elite or jump stretch bands.

take my iron woody bands to the gym wit me for about 2 years

He used to take his bands wit him and use them at teh gym, dawg.

Are the resistance ratings on them the same for the elite bands? I can't seem to find any sort of chart on their site.

Guest Bullitt

Are the resistance ratings on them the same for the elite bands? I can't seem to find any sort of chart on their site.

I believe they have slightly more resistance. It said somewhere on there that they go from 50 to 120 on the greens, but you would have to stretch the heck out of them for 120. I would guess that is when they are stretched all the way for squats. I would guess just from using them yesterday that Chris was pretty close: about 80 - 90 lbs each at the top of a bench press.

edit: each page on this site has it's own rating.

the real problem with the iron woody to jumpstretch comparison is that the colors are different for the same size bands. for instance, the blue iron woody is equal to a purple jumpstretch. and I think that the elite bands are a different color scheme still.

I believe they have slightly more resistance. It said somewhere on there that they go from 50 to 120 on the greens, but you would have to stretch the heck out of them for 120. I would guess that is when they are stretched all the way for squats. I would guess just from using them yesterday that Chris was pretty close: about 80 - 90 lbs each at the top of a bench press.

edit: each page on this site has it's own rating. Here's the green: http://berrysbarbell.com/product/iron-woody-4-green-medium-band-50-120-lbs-1124.htm

Mike,

Those ratings are for the 40" bands, I believe I sent you the 20" bands which create a bit more in a shorter pull due to the smaller size. Perfect for benching, not so much for squatting. Speed pulls work for these also!

Chris

Guest Bullitt

edit: each page on this site has it's own rating. Here's the green: http://berrysbarbell.com/product/iron-woody-4-green-medium-band-50-120-lbs-1124.htm

Mike,

Those ratings are for the 40" bands, I believe I sent you the 20" bands which create a bit more in a shorter pull due to the smaller size. Perfect for benching, not so much for squatting. Speed pulls work for these also!

Chris

Gotcha! I was thinking there was no way those could stretch enough to do squats. HAHA Well, whatever they were, I freakin loved them.

Mike,

Chris

Gotcha! I was thinking there was no way those could stretch enough to do squats. HAHA Well, whatever they were, I freakin loved them.

You Band Junkie! HAHAHA

Chris (Raw Bench) sent me some green bands to bench with. I'll have to let him confirm, but I think he said they add about 160 - 180 at the top. The first thing I learned about bands is they are easier to control with more weight on the bar. The first three warmup sets with just the bands were worse than benching with a bamboo bar. :laugh I wrapped them around my axle, which i laid on the ground under my bench and stacked weights on. It worked perfectly. Did some vbar afterward, but nothing worth writing about. Here was the workout:

shoulder prehab and warmup

No bands:

barX20

135X5

Green bands added:

Bar X 3, 3, 3 Felt like i finally had it down

65 X 3, 3

95 X 3, 3

135 X 3, 3

THANKS CHRIS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c5B5vzyqow

I never used bands but they must deliver great results! Nice workout Mike!

Mike, I just found something and figured what you've been dooing wrong in your squats so here u go. Rico

Edited by rico300zx

Guest Bullitt

Mike, I just found something and figured what you've been dooing wrong in your squats so here u go. Rico

:laugh:laugh I've seen that before. Looks like an eventual trip to the hospital to me. If I tried that the ball would pop anyway. Also, when did James Carville start doing feats of strength? :laugh:laugh Good stuff Parris.

Guest Bullitt

Squats, axle deads, axle rows. Wanted to see if doing squats would help my thickbar like it does my grippers. They may have, but they wore out my lower back too much, so I didn't push it on the axle deads.

Warmup:

mobility

stretching

bodyweight lunges

good mornings with bar

yielding squats

drops

shoulder dislocation

Squats:

Bar X 10

95 X 10

135 X 10

185 X 10

185 X 10 I really need to work on my cardio. I was gassed!

Axle deads:

110 X 5

180 X 3

250 X 2

300 X 1 Stopped here. My lower back was really feeling it.

Axle Rows:

200# X 10

200# X 10

Now that I'm squatting more often I'm going to pull less often. Also going to work KB swings back into routine for cardio boost.

Squats, axle deads, axle rows. Wanted to see if doing squats would help my thickbar like it does my grippers. They may have, but they wore out my lower back too much, so I didn't push it on the axle deads.

Warmup:

mobility

stretching

bodyweight lunges

good mornings with bar

yielding squats

drops

shoulder dislocation

Squats:

Bar X 10

95 X 10

135 X 10

185 X 10

185 X 10 I really need to work on my cardio. I was gassed!

Axle deads:

110 X 5

180 X 3

250 X 2

300 X 1 Stopped here. My lower back was really feeling it.

Axle Rows:

200# X 10

200# X 10

Now that I'm squatting more often I'm going to pull less often. Also going to work KB swings back into routine for cardio boost.

Nice work brotha. Gonna call you "musk ox" from now on

Guest Bullitt

Thanks guys! I get through all that with no injury and then hurt my elbow wrestling the covers from the dog in the middle of the night. Not happy! :angry: Feels like the tendon on the outside of my elbow. Gonna give it a rest this weekend.

Thanks guys! I get through all that with no injury and then hurt my elbow wrestling the covers from the dog in the middle of the night. Not happy! :angry: Feels like the tendon on the outside of my elbow. Gonna give it a rest this weekend.

HAHA, our dogs do the same thing man! I'll wake up in the middle of the night with one leg hanging off the bed and the dogs laying sideways hogging the damn bed!

Mike id bet you may be getting some tennis elbow. Remember I had it fo 8 mts. Unless the dog bit u. It just went away when I did that 2.5 tns for your list. Don't do any grippers, if you try and it is unbareable then its what I had, and only time will heal it.. in under a year that is. Pray its not.

Rico

Guest Bullitt

Mike id bet you may be getting some tennis elbow. Remember I had it fo 8 mts. Unless the dog bit u. It just went away when I did that 2.5 tns for your list. Don't do any grippers, if you try and it is unbareable then its what I had, and only time will heal it.. in under a year that is. Pray its not.

Rico

I guess it could turn into tendonitis, but it's definitely an injury at this point. I yanked on the covers that my shepherd had aparently stolen in the night and I felt it go. It's the muscle and tendon that connects to the outside of your elbow. Hurts a little to squeeze, but not much. Hurts to extend my elbow. Shoveling snow wasn't much fun today.

Rico

I guess it could turn into tendonitis, but it's definitely an injury at this point. I yanked on the covers that my shepherd had aparently stolen in the night and I felt it go. It's the muscle and tendon that connects to the outside of your elbow. Hurts a little to squeeze, but not much. Hurts to extend my elbow. Shoveling snow wasn't much fun today.

No snow in Florida bro.... Just sayin ya know :whistel