Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Thanks everyone.

I'm going to do those little personal contests every couple of months I think Manthos (too weak to do a real PL comp :blush ). Even though there wasn't anybody else lifting, I set a total that my imaginary competition hit and it really motivated me to do my best on every lift so i could beat it.

You're not weak Mike.

Keep those personal contests running and I would love to participate in the future...I think you started something very good here...So 3 basic lifts, body weigth categories and video proof will motivate a lot of us, me for sure, for bigger lifts. Go ahead Mike and organize it...!!

Sounds good my friend! Let's do one in February. :mosher

Count me in!

Guest Bullitt

Jedd's yesterday. Forearms are sore and hands actually feel swollen. :cry

Got new neoprine knee sleeves and found a 2' X 3' section of hardwood in the attic, so I did some squats today. The knee sleeves made my knees feel so much better. I will never squat without them. Depth was much better.

Warmup:

mobility exercises

wall squats

goblet squats

overhead squats with broom stick

yielding squats with broom stick

shoulder dislocations with broom stick

Squats:

barX10

95X10

135X5

205X1

255X1 (much deeper than last time at this weight. Well below parallel.)

275X1 (PR) Looked to be right at parallel, but no lower. Felt very good though. I have 315 in me if i have a power rack for safety.

205X6

155X10

Nice bit of squatting Mike. I'm glad the sleeves are working for you.

Depth looked DEEP on that 255# squat. Keep box squatting Mike as that will help your hip strength(as the left went out a bit). 275# was good also! No reds on that lift! Great job!

Guest Bullitt

Thanks guys!

Just a little active recovery for the hands today. Pinch work.

Blobs and 2HP. Not much volume as my forearms and skin still hurt from Jedd's.

Guest Bullitt

usual warmup then:

Box squats (box about 3" below knees):

135X10

205X5

255X2X2

275X1 (PR)

DO Deads:

135X5

225X5

295X1

365X1

415X1, 1, 1

Back was pretty fried at this point so I quit and ate my second dinner of the night. mmmmmmmmmm :D

Squats AND deads...may the force be with you

Great pr, on the box squats, keep it up.

Rico

Guest Bullitt

Thanks guys! As long as my knees and back keep treating me well, I'm going to squat 3 times per week. Ordering my oly shoes today and I think that will help the form and depth even more. Really worked on keeping my chin up and the bar lower for the box squats and that helped a lot I think.

Thanks guys! As long as my knees and back keep treating me well, I'm going to squat 3 times per week. Ordering my oly shoes today and I think that will help the form and depth even more. Really worked on keeping my chin up and the bar lower for the box squats and that helped a lot I think.

When did you get the squat supports Rindo?

3 times p/week? :blink You're a crazy dude Mike!

Guest Bullitt

Jedd gave me those back in October.

One day will be ME, one day active recovery and form work, and one day volume. Piece of cake. :D If it turns out to be too much, I'll drop it down to 2/wk.

Jedd gave me those back in October.

One day will be ME, one day active recovery and form work, and one day volume. Piece of cake. :D If it turns out to be too much, I'll drop it down to 2/wk.

Hmm, maybe 1 speed day with the bands? :rock

Back in '09, I was doing this routine for a while (all heavy work, no light days):

Monday - biceps, chest

Tuesday - upper back, triceps

Wednesday - deadlifts

Thursday - biceps, shoulders

Friday - triceps, abs

Needless to say, it lasted about 2 or 3 weeks before I started losing weight and strength, despite eating a ton. Great plateau breaker for the first week, but that's about it.

Back in '09, I was doing this routine for a while (all heavy work, no light days):

Monday - biceps, chest

Wednesday - deadlifts

Friday - triceps, abs

Needless to say, it lasted about 2 or 3 weeks before I started losing weight and strength, despite eating a ton. Great plateau breaker for the first week, but that's about it.

Ahhh, the old push/pull workout! I did that too and went from 262 to 249 in 2 months and my body was SHOT!

It boils down to what works best for you.... I get excellent benefits from benching twice a week, where some people I know do it once every 2 weeks and still make gains

Guest Bullitt

Monday - biceps, chest

Wednesday - deadlifts

Friday - triceps, abs

See, there's your problem. You weren't squatting. Plus, I recover much better at 42 than you do at 18. :tongue

I don't do near the volume you do Frank. I rarely go to failure either. Just try to build a little on the last workout. Leave some in the tank for the next one. Plus, I'll take a day or two off if i start feeling run down.

Monday - biceps, chest

Wednesday - deadlifts

Friday - triceps, abs

Doing biceps and triceps twice a week . You were doing the Men's Health workout for beach bodies frank? HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Monday - biceps, chest

Wednesday - deadlifts

Friday - triceps, abs

Doing biceps and triceps twice a week . You were doing the Men's Health workout for beach bodies frank? HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Lmao!!! Beach Body!! I see nothing wrong with working tri's twice a week.... I personally do it, but never work biceps.

Guest Bullitt

Chris (Raw Bench) sent me some green bands to bench with. I'll have to let him confirm, but I think he said they add about 160 - 180 at the top. The first thing I learned about bands is they are easier to control with more weight on the bar. The first three warmup sets with just the bands were worse than benching with a bamboo bar. :laugh I wrapped them around my axle, which i laid on the ground under my bench and stacked weights on. It worked perfectly. Did some vbar afterward, but nothing worth writing about. Here was the workout:

shoulder prehab and warmup

No bands:

barX20

135X5

Green bands added:

Bar X 3, 3, 3 Felt like i finally had it down

65 X 3, 3

95 X 3, 3

135 X 3, 3

THANKS CHRIS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c5B5vzyqow

That's correct Mike! 90 lbs at the top each 45 at the bottom.... 180/90.

Ok, the 65 looked excellent bro!! The 95 I noticed your arm motion wasn't quite straight up and down. Now, I think it's the way your bench is set up, but maybe try moving up a bit? The 135 looked like HELL for you! haha..... Remember, we're trying to build speed here dude. They were great reps, but go back and watch the 65 and 95... Much quicker. Did excellent on your 1st band workout bro! The good thing is you'll get used to them quickly and be slamming that 135 quickly in no time!

And yes, doing it with just the bar is VERY tough to balance! That's what I do for shoulder rehab except with a pvc pipe :rock.... and lighter bands.

AWESOME JOB MIKE! I can smell a 315 bench next month! Keep doing those board presses too!! Those will get you accustomed to heavier weight and help your sticking point!