Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Great job on those Box squats Mike!

Thanks Man! I actually did two sets with 205X3. Still not messing with the weight yet on regular squats.

That's ok man. Gottaa learn to crawl before you can walk! Baby steps and gains will come!

Very nice workout Mike.

Only 10lbs away from crushing a #4!!! Great grip strength my friend! I don't think the MM3 would be a problem for you.

Guest Bullitt

Had a little powerlifting contest between Me, Myself & I today. Just kind of wanted to see what I could do with all 3 lifts in the same workout. Didn't push it too much on the squats (still working on that form), pulled a new DO deadlift PR!, and benched about what I thought. Totalled 975, which is horrible for a 250lb guy I know. But now I know where I'm at. Going to do this two or three more times this year to chart my progress. Did everything with belt only. No wraps, suits, or shirts. Would be cool to get close to 1200 by end of year.

Usual warmup, then:

Squats: 185, 225, 255#

DO deadlifts: 365, 445 miss, 445 PR

Bench: 255, 275, 280 miss (left leg shot out from under me halfway up. Still came close to getting it)

Here is some vid i took. Battery died before bench portion.

Edited by Bullitt

All attempts turned down due to bad music :) Looking good - just stay smart with the bigger weight - slow and steady wins the race.

Nice Mike!:mosher

Were you at the end of a cycle or did you just do this for funzies and to mix things up?

Squats looking much better Mike! You can tell how much confidence you're gaining compared to 2 months ago. Hard to tell on that 255 though man.... Looked a bit too high.... :whistel...lol

Would've loved to seen the bench though buddy! Overall, a good workout and nice change of pace!

Guest Bullitt

All attempts turned down due to bad music :) Looking good - just stay smart with the bigger weight - slow and steady wins the race.

I played classical japanese music on my last one for you Chris. :whistel Going to drop back and keep dialing in form. Next time I go big, I'll hopefully have some oly shoes and head to the gym so I have a real floor and a power rack. Then I'll be able to see what i can really do.

Nice Mike!:mosher

Were you at the end of a cycle or did you just do this for funzies and to mix things up?

Just for the hallibut! :laugh

Squats looking much better Mike! You can tell how much confidence you're gaining compared to 2 months ago. Hard to tell on that 255 though man.... Looked a bit too high.... :whistel...lol

Would've loved to seen the bench though buddy! Overall, a good workout and nice change of pace!

Oh, it was definitely a touch high. I think the side judge (Melissa) was worried the old man might get buried and said squat a bit early. Being the final judge, however, I counted it. Because, well... I could. HAHAHA Biggest difference I noticed on bench was speed. Much faster.

Guest Bullitt

Last grip training befeore Jedd's and the MM3.

usual warmup:

mobility exercises

bodyweight lunges

overhead squats with axle

yeilding squats with axle

wall squats

goblet squats

Grippers between and after squat sets:

Stupid hard (~190) 3.5: miss by 1/4", miss by under 1/4"

169# 3.5 X 1 with short overcrush

filed HG350 X 4 singles with short overcrush

Easy #3 x1x1x1

Back squats (moved these into the kitchen to squat on a hard floor):

barX10

95X10

135X10

185X11

185X6 (need to work on cardio :blush )

Edited by Bullitt

Very nice lifting Mike...and I like the idea of the contest like workout!

Good luck with that MM3 big man!

Guest Bullitt

Thanks everyone.

I'm going to do those little personal contests every couple of months I think Manthos (too weak to do a real PL comp :blush ). Even though there wasn't anybody else lifting, I set a total that my imaginary competition hit and it really motivated me to do my best on every lift so i could beat it.

Good luck with the MM3 Mike! :rock

Thanks everyone.

I'm going to do those little personal contests every couple of months I think Manthos (too weak to do a real PL comp :blush ). Even though there wasn't anybody else lifting, I set a total that my imaginary competition hit and it really motivated me to do my best on every lift so i could beat it.

You're not weak Mike.

Keep those personal contests running and I would love to participate in the future...I think you started something very good here...So 3 basic lifts, body weigth categories and video proof will motivate a lot of us, me for sure, for bigger lifts. Go ahead Mike and organize it...!!

Guest Bullitt

Thanks everyone.

You're not weak Mike.

Keep those personal contests running and I would love to participate in the future...I think you started something very good here...So 3 basic lifts, body weigth categories and video proof will motivate a lot of us, me for sure, for bigger lifts. Go ahead Mike and organize it...!!

Sounds good my friend! Let's do one in February. :mosher

Edited by Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Warm up:

mobility exercises

shoulder prehab

bench warmup:

barX10

95X10

speed bench:

135 for 5 sets of 3.

145 for 3 sets of 3.