Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Good workout tonight. Grippers peaking again really strong.

Warmup:

Mobility exercises

wall squats

Good mornings with bar

overhead squats with bar

Box squats:

Felt much better this time. Keeping weight low and just working on form.

barX5

95X5

135X5

135X5

185X2

185X2

Hit grippers in between sets and afterward.

Worked up to near miss on my filed HG350 (157#) on left hand (just under 1/8")

Right hand:

filed 2.5

180# 3.5 from Ryan Johnson (more like 185 - this thing needs a lot of oil. :D ) 1/8" or so out.

178# 3.5 from Sam Solomi 3 second penny hold!!! PR -

178# 3.5 vvvn - The penny hold killed me :)

167# RB 300 from Ryan close

211# 4 three sets and holds

157# filed HG350 10 second overcrush

Vbar:

Left: worked up to 292# (PR)

Right: worked up to 352, but couldn't quite get it 2". The skin is still tender where I ripped it last time, so i shut it down.

Awesome workout on grippers Mike..... but I hate you on your Vbar lifts :happy:shifty

HAHA You'll get there bro. Now go work on that set! :laugh

I can't set a gripper, drink a beer, and watch Bama crush Texas all at the same time man...... That's multitasking at its finest!lmao

Kickin butt again I see.

Rico

Guest Bullitt

Thanks guys! I guess the time off didn't hurt so bad. I really scaled back all of my grip work and focused more on building overall strength since Gripmas. There was a gripper or vbar workout here or there, but nothing like I had been doing. Hopefully this will let me hit it really hard over the next couple of weeks and give that MM3 a run for its money at Jedd's.

Guest Bullitt

Pulling Day!!

Warmup:

Mobility exercises

wall squats

shoulder dislocations

Upward dog stretching to open up hip flexors

Walking bodyweight lunges

good mornings with bar

DO Sumo deads:

135X10

205X5

275X5

325X3 (PR)

DO Traditional deads:

380X5 (PR) - This was my PR for a single not too long ago. Might have had a couple more in me but callous felt like it was ripping off. Very happy with this. Big progress.

Jefferson Squats (Never tried these before. Hit lower body in a totally knew way. Especially glutes and hams):

205X10 each leg

225X10 each leg

Stretching and mobility.

Edited by Bullitt

Jefferson Squats (Never tried these before. Hit lower body in a totally knew way. Especially glutes and hams):

205X10 each leg

225X10 each leg

Each leg - what do you mean? Jefferson is a two leg lift with the bar held between the legs.

Guest Bullitt

205X10 each leg

225X10 each leg

Each leg - what do you mean? Jefferson is a two leg lift with the bar held between the legs.

One leg forward, then switched legs and grip. So I did two sets at each weight. first with left leg forward, second with right leg forward. Hit the hammy on front leg more so I doubled up for fun. :D

Guest Bullitt

Actually a more precise way to put it was I alternated the forward hand. I read that you shouldn't fight the rotation on these, especially if you have a bad back, so the barbell kind of aligns with one leg forward slightly. So I did one set with right hand forward and one with left for each weight.

Guest Bullitt

Today's workout:

warmup:

Mobility exercises

bodyweight lunges

Wall squats

Goblet squats

yeilding squats with my 20 lb axle. These were not easy. Lots of work on balance and upper back flexibility.

Squats:

barX10

95X10

135X14

135X15

185X6

185X6

These felt much better. Still got weight on my toes a bit on a couple reps but not too bad. Picked up the tempo quite a bit now, since I am feeling more comfortable with the movement. Once I get comfortable at quicker tempo and can hold form better, I will start to add weight. For now, this is good.

Did gripper closes between sets. Horrible.

Then did 2HP for the first time in a while and that stunk too. :angry:

Tough to get into the workout mentally. Kind of running around to help Melissa between sets. Good news is we got her an appointment with the ortho tomorrow morning.

Edited by Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Congrats on that big coin hold Mike!!! :mosher

Thanks Ben. Just to show you how bad today's gripper session was, I couldn't even close that gripper today. 2 paper thin misses. :angry:

I hope she gets well and you get your groove back buddy.

Guest Bullitt

Grippers & speed bench day:

Warmup

shoulder prehab

Grippers:

Lefty: warmed up and did speed reps on my 2.5. I also did a couple BFNs on hard 3.5.

Righty:

Warmed up and then worked on speed with Ryan's super hard 3.5 choked to parallel.

Don't think I ever closed it. Few paper thin misses. Several 1/16th misses. Felt like the choked 191 at Gripmas. I oiled it again, but it's still very creaky. This makes me feel much better. When I thought it was 180 and missed my MMS attempts by 1/8 - 1/4 the other day when I first tried it, I got very worried. I know for a fact it's at least high 180s and probably low 190s with the spring the way it is now. I'm sure it will get much easier as the oil takes. Ryan told me it was harder than MM3, so I may have a shot.

Then I did 2 sets of BFNs on it.

Speed bench:

after warmup, I did 10 sets of 3 reps with 185. Just worked on being as explosive as possible with the reps. Strangely, without even thinking about leg drive, I realized i was getting better leg drive than I had ever gotten, even when i was thinking leg drive. So the thought is now going to be explosion and the leg drive will come. Stopped after 10th set as they were starting to slow down a bit.

Upright axle rows:

axleX10

70X10

110X8, 8, 8

Did some active thumb work between sets as well.

Edited by Bullitt

Crap workout. Deadlifts and vbar. Missed 450 3 times on deads and 352 3 times on 1" vbar. That pretty much sums it up. :erm

It is all of that laundry and pushing a vacuum around that is sapping your strength. I am sure of it! Melissa is using this as recovery time and will slam the 3 buddy! :rock

Grippers & speed bench day:

Warmup

shoulder prehab

Grippers:

Lefty: warmed up and did speed reps on my 2.5. I also did a couple BFNs on hard 3.5.

Righty:

Warmed up and then worked on speed with Ryan's super hard 3.5 choked to parallel.

Don't think I ever closed it. Few paper thin misses. Several 1/16th misses. Felt like the choked 191 at Gripmas. I oiled it again, but it's still very creaky. This makes me feel much better. When I thought it was 180 and missed my MMS attempts by 1/8 - 1/4 the other day when I first tried it, I got very worried. I know for a fact it's at least high 180s and probably low 190s with the spring the way it is now. I'm sure it will get much easier as the oil takes. Ryan told me it was harder than MM3, so I may have a shot.

Then I did 2 sets of BFNs on it.

Speed bench:

after warmup, I did 10 sets of 3 reps with 185. Just worked on being as explosive as possible with the reps. Strangely, without even thinking about leg drive, I realized i was getting better leg drive than I had ever gotten, even when i was thinking leg drive. So the thought is now going to be explosion and the leg drive will come. Stopped after 10th set as they were starting to slow down a bit.

Upright axle rows:

axleX10

70X10

110X8, 8, 8

Did some active thumb work between sets as well.

Mike, do me a favor and time your up and down movement on the bench dude. Time each set and get back to me on your next speed day buddy. Good workout man! Little heavy though for speed days man....lol. Spped is simply "speed", and shouldn't be more than 50% of your max. I was skeptical on this as I began also, but dropped nearly 1 second off my bench speed and am sold now!

Guest Bullitt

Crap workout. Deadlifts and vbar. Missed 450 3 times on deads and 352 3 times on 1" vbar. That pretty much sums it up. :erm

It is all of that laundry and pushing a vacuum around that is sapping your strength. I am sure of it! Melissa is using this as recovery time and will slam the 3 buddy! :rock

:laugh That must be it! Can't be too unhappy. The deads would have been 9 lb PR and I got a good iso workout just below my knees. :ohmy:laugh

Mike, do me a favor and time your up and down movement on the bench dude. Time each set and get back to me on your next speed day buddy. Good workout man! Little heavy though for speed days man....lol. Spped is simply "speed", and shouldn't be more than 50% of your max. I was skeptical on this as I began also, but dropped nearly 1 second off my bench speed and am sold now!

Will do bro. Yea, these were about 65% of my current max. I had no idea what % to use. I'll drop the weight and let you know what the speed is next time around.

Guest Bullitt

Squats and grippers tonight.

Grippers were done between sets. Did my 169 3.5 for several singles, then I went to the 190ish 3.5 from Ryan choked a few mm outside parallel and closed that 4 times. Numbers were good, but they didn't feel right. I tweaked my wrist the other day and things just feel off even though my closes are doing fine. Hope everything comes together for Mm3 next week.

Usual warmup:

mobility

good mornings with bar

wall squats

yielding squats with 20lb axle

shoulder dislocations

Box squats:

barX10

135X5

205X3

255X1 (this was actually much easier than I thought it would be

oly squats: