High volume seems to work for me

bseedot

I just looked at at some of my previous postings.  I did Wannagrip's shocker routine on March 24-25 to help me get past the #2 hump.  I then rested until the evening of the 28th as suggested and began working grip again.

I liked the higher volume of the shocker routine, didn't get the soreness most others claimed to get, and so decided to do it regularly for a few weeks.  I did grip work at least every other day, but no more than 1-2 exercises (except on my scheduled full-body workout day I do 3 exercises).

Wrist roller, wrist curls, COC, Rolling Thunder, pinch block, static barbell holds, finger extensions, were most of what I did.  I trained in this fashion from March 28th - April 19, then took a six day break until last night.

My strength bombed, I felt out of practice with the exercises (COC, Rolling Thunder, pinch block), and was very discouraged with my performance in general.

I didn't feel overtrained when I took this six day respite, but didn't want to get to that point and I had never trained on such high volune before.  I'm going to try the high volume grip work again for a more extended period and see how it goes.

The point in all this is, besides just sharing my experience, to just hit home again the idea that one must experiment to find what works for them.  In all other areas of my strength training high volume kills my momentum and desire.  Grip work is just the opposite.

BC.