Who Will Be The First To Ccs The Number 4

jsmiley

There are too many names to list, thus I don't want to make this a poll.

You choose the person you think, it can be anyone and I'll keep a tally

I think Paul Knight will be first

Edited by Jsmiley

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mightyjoe

• lloyd80s

• Bob Lipinski

• Pancake Sprawl

My take it's either Chad or Paul as the leading contenders.

Aarons's powerful MM5 close might indicate he's a sleeper.

Then there is Mobster clawing up the ladder making those guys look over their shoulders!

Laine Snook. He said he can close the vulcan on lvl 22 and from what I've seen he's got an amazing strong grip. I even bet he will wait until he can TNS it before he shows us that he can CCS it with ease. I bet he can already close it from MMS

For me I don't think there's a single guy out there at the moment that will ever CCS a new #4. We're yet to see anyone take a new #4 out of the packet and close it with any set. All of the videos of people closing #4's are of #4s that are seasoned.

If you look at some really strong guys, Arrildson, Chad, Temmu, Steve, Tex, Paul Knight, Acorn and some of the others I forget, it'd look like they'd be doing very very well to #3.5 cert. It took Tex quite a few tries to cert on the #3.5 and it looked tough for him. Temmu and Mobster have failed a #3.5 cert and Paul Knight looks like he may be the next to #3.5 cert.

Now if you look at those names, if they're finding it tough to #3.5 cert then the #4 is a HUGE jump from the #3.5 so I just don't see it happening.

If you look at the other guys that certed on the #4 before the CCS rule came in I think you'd have to say that those guys wouldn't be able to CCS a #4 now.

I maybe wrong but I'll be stunned if I ever see a legit #4 cert on video, I'd be even more stunned if it's someone we already know of.

For me I don't think there's a single guy out there at the moment that will ever CCS a new #4. We're yet to see anyone take a new #4 out of the packet and close it with any set. All of the videos of people closing #4's are of #4s that are seasoned.

If you look at some really strong guys, Arrildson, Chad, Temmu, Steve, Tex, Paul Knight, Acorn and some of the others I forget, it'd look like they'd be doing very very well to #3.5 cert. It took Tex quite a few tries to cert on the #3.5 and it looked tough for him. Temmu and Mobster have failed a #3.5 cert and Paul Knight looks like he may be the next to #3.5 cert.

Now if you look at those names, if they're finding it tough to #3.5 cert then the #4 is a HUGE jump from the #3.5 so I just don't see it happening.

If you look at the other guys that certed on the #4 before the CCS rule came in I think you'd have to say that those guys wouldn't be able to CCS a #4 now.

I maybe wrong but I'll be stunned if I ever see a legit #4 cert on video, I'd be even more stunned if it's someone we already know of.

lloyd could be right here,but if I were to bet I would bet on

Paul Knight. Paul's determination alone is off the charts.

He's very determined to have the strongest all-around hands

on the planet. Also, I know of no one who has progressed as fast

as Paul Knight in grip related feats, NO ONE!

If I'm wrong here, someone please correct me.

Mighty Joe

It would be incredible to see, but I think it's a long way off for anyone. Steve and Paul both recently MMS closing the #4 is impressive, but those are the first #4 closes I have seen at all since I've been here (besides a couple of choker closes), and I don't think that even compares to CCS.

In addition to Paul, Mobster, Chad, etc, I'd also like to add Gabriel, who's not only closed huge grippers, but is also VERY strong at wide sets.

....We're yet to see anyone take a new #4 out of the packet and close it with any set.

Look to the left :whistel:D

In addition to Paul, Mobster, Chad, etc, I'd also like to add Gabriel, who's not only closed huge grippers, but is also VERY strong at wide sets.
....We're yet to see anyone take a new #4 out of the packet and close it with any set.

I've not see Magnus close any #4 out of the packet. The video of him on youtube is so unclear you can't see anything. He's holding it behind him so you can't tell much at all. I'd bet he's nowhere near a CCS now.

I've not see Magnus close any #4 out of the packet. The video of him on youtube is so unclear you can't see anything. He's holding it behind him so you can't tell much at all. I'd bet he's nowhere near a CCS now.

Yeah, I know. Just busting on you :D

Off all the guys on the board that are rated as the best at grippers it'd be interesting to see them try a new #4 ccs out of the packet. An unofficial cert attempt as it were.

I think Paul Knight might be game but strong as he is I think even Paul would say it's not do-able.

I'd go far as say that nobody could even ccs a new #4 down to 5mm at the moment. I'd love to be proved wrong but we could only believe it if we saw it.

Never heard if Laine Snook before today, I looked up some of his videos, the guys a beast.

What does a new 4 calibrate at I assume it's about 210, anyone know the average?

Edited by Jsmiley

Off all the guys on the board that are rated as the best at grippers it'd be interesting to see them try a new #4 ccs out of the packet. An unofficial cert attempt as it were.

I think Paul Knight might be game but strong as he is I think even Paul would say it's not do-able.

I'd go far as say that nobody could even ccs a new #4 down to 5mm at the moment. I'd love to be proved wrong but we could only believe it if we saw it.

your right - I can't even close a new #4 MMS yet - all the new ones sit around 210 - 220 in calibration (most anyways). It will be awhile before someone certs on the #4 again. I'm going to keep training though and see how far I can go

I think we will have a better idea when whoever CCS closes any, nontampered #4 whatsoever.

My take it's either Chad or Paul as the leading contenders.

Aarons's powerful MM5 close might indicate he's a sleeper.

Then there is Mobster clawing up the ladder making those guys look over their shoulders!

Not me CCS and wider is my stubby fingers kryptonite. I can barely even get my ring finger on the gripper at CCS much less pinky.

- Aaron

I think closing an average, unoiled #4 out of package CCS is almost impossible. In my opinion there will never be somebody who certify on the #4.

Other than Chuck Norris, nobody for a long time. By long time, I mean many years. :( I would love to be proved wrong. ;)

Generally speaking, it's not an impossible feat in my opinion, based on a simple fact that all grippers vary so much, new or old. Based on variations between the #4's I have felt I say some of them will not be closed even with MMS while some are so much easier that CCS would not be unrealistic in the "right hands". I own two #3.5's at the moment and they are very good examples of the variation. I TNS the other in the beginning of my gripper workouts and grind the handles a bit just to get the clicks out of the fingers, while the other is almost as hard to set as a 201 lbs #4 and I can't MMS that #3.5 at the moment. There's 18 lbs difference between the two on the RGC. So, I would assume that you could possibly get new #4's around 190 lbs. I'm not convinced that all new #4's are over 200 lbs. Plus some grippers have a really spongy and soft sweep. Combine that quality with 190 lbs calibration and CCS on a #4 is much more doable than you would think. I was very close to CCS on Matti's wide 190 lbs #3.5 at one point. Now I have a #3.5 that gave 5 lbs less on the RGC but as the sweep on it is way harder I can't get it much past parallel with CCS.

The point I had was that variations are just crazy! Because of that, I believe that CCS on some #4's is doable.

Guys who are very strong with thickbar and similar exercises would be my bets.

I'll have to add that I would not list myself as a hopeful as I haven't even MMS'd one yet. Only after MMS becomes reality it is realistic to aim for wider closes. One minor step at a time is the way to look at it.

Edited by Teemu I

I believe someone will cert on a #4. I figure in the next 2-3 years it will become a likely reality. And after observing many closes I agree with most of you that Paul will be the first to do it. His recent #4 close looked very strong so I'm confident in his ability. Still I'd like to wish everyone good luck in their CCS attempts on the 4. May the best man win.

Edited by Grippster

I think John Wood could give it a run. Laine Snook and Dave Brown come to mind as possibles as well.

Edited by Wes